Ok - it is a cheap hostel with nice location on a good tramline - but our experience in one of the private rooms was rather bad.
Unlike other people writing review here - fortunately we did not get bitten by bed bugs - BUT in generally room is filthy:
- windows not cleaned for years
- curtains shockingly dirty
- cockroaches on kitchenette sink.
- Bathroom dirty
- Carpet very old and have not seen vacuum for a while
- Wireless did not work
- Room lock did not feel too safe
I understand 'you get what you pay for' but I would suggest investing a little time to find something else at the same price that undestand 'general hygiene'. Rooms are generally quite big , but like mentioned if you are worried about cleanliness you may want to go somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International - Marquette / New Orleans Hotel New Orleans