“Great property close to French Quarter”

Wyndham La Belle Maison
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great property close to French Quarter”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay at this property it is really only two blocks from the French Quarter. The property is beautiful and well kept. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Michael at the front desk and Lavelle the bell man were constant friendly faces. I do not like that no one cleans the room on a seven day stay. I think they should at least take your trash out once and take your towels. Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Keith J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham La Belle Maison, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you very much for the kind words. I will be sure to recognize both Michal and Lavelle as both are a great asset to the team. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip. If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know.

Keith Johnston
Rooms Manager
keith.johnston@wyn.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at LaBelle on our way from Texas to PCB, FL and also on our way back, both for 1 night. It was perfect. We stayed in a 1 BR presidential and also the 1 BR. They were both great. The staff is very courteous, the hotel is in a great location. We loved it so much that we have booked 3 nights to return at Christmas. We ate at Huck Finn's both times and it was AWESOME! Not crowded, great food and great staff. Would definitely recommend it. It was my husband and I and are 8 year old son!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for letting us know what a wonderful time you had. We look forward to seeing you in December for your return visit.

Keith Johnston
Rooms Manager
keith.johnston@wyn.com
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The staff are unfriendly and unprofessional. Valet parking is expensive and a hassle. I don't know where they parked my car, but it was filthy each day, and they always repositioned my seat and messed with my radio. For all I know, they were joy riding. You can't get a luggage cart unless you call a bell hop. Also, the pool is tiny and they do not keep it stocked properly with towels. There is no store on site for snacks and very few amenities. If you have an option, stay elsewhere.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Micah M
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Am a Wyndham owner and this place is exceptional - rooms are large and very nice, location is central to the attractions that people come to New Orleans for. The resort is very quiet and well maintained with a super staff who provided us excellent recommendations. We took a cab to the hotel from the airport and did not have a car as everything we wanted to do could be accessed by foot or trolley. So we did not pay for parking as some have talked about as an issue here....but remember where you are staying and everyone pays for parking. Cab ride is a flat $33 for two people plus tip.....so if staying for a while you may want to take a cab and then the trolley.

The resort is inside an old printing press building and has the associated charm......make sure to ask for a high floor and take time to look over the central part of the building. There is a very small pool and hot tub and a gym with 5 cardio machines and some weights....but recommend an early walk in the French Quarter for exercise.

Tip. There is a popcorn machine in the area where you wait for your car.....so good place to grab a snack and then take a stroll. For breakfast and lunch a MUST EAT is the Commerce Diner on the corner open from 0700 to 2pm with daily specials. Food is excellent and they do take credit cards.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FoxTravelers
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a lovely refurbished hotel just a short walk from the French Quarter and many great restaurants. We had a one bedroom, which was nicely furnished and clean. Bed was comfortable. Hot tub was small, but clean. Outdoor pool is very small, but very quaint and a nice place to relax after a day in the sun. Great breakfast restaurant, the Ruby Slipper across the road. Get there early, it is always lined up.

Room Tip: We had an interior room, so no windows to the outside, but overlooked an interior atrium. It was qui...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luv2ski11
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed w/girlfriends for a bachelorette weekend at La Belle. It was perfect for a group of 8 of us. Large clean rooms with living and dining space, kitchen/fridge etc. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Best part was the location - only a few blocks from the Quarter. Also in walking distance to a gnarly but convenient small market.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank karaspeckman
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during our most recent visit to New Orleans. We were impressed with the fast checkin and the friendliness of the staff. We had a Presidential Studio which I thought was spacious enough for just the two of us. We didn't need anything too big as we were going to be spending most of our time in the French Quarter. I think the the only diappointment with this location is that you have to pay for parking! At all the other Wyndam resorts that we have stayed at, we have never paid for parking. While I do realize that parking is a premium in downtown New Orleans, parking should be included for the price we pay for our ownerships. I would have rather used extra points at this location when booking rather than being charged for parking. The thing that bothered me most was that we were not made aware of this when booking our reservation. My expectation was that they would have been courteous enough to do so, so we could plan for the extra expense. With that being said, the charge for us to park at the Wyndham resort was about $27.00 per night. Now multiply that by 5 nights! I am glad that upon arrival I took the time to look on the internet and found alternative parking for $10.00 per day, at a site about 8 blocks away. It was worth dropping our luggage off and walking the extra 8 blocks when we needed our vehicle.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends