“Super Cute Dauphine House!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dauphine House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dauphine House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #44 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Super Cute Dauphine House!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

It was a super cute tiny place with two bedrooms and walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Warning if you ever stay there the room with the shower has a REALLY tiny shower, totally functional but very tiny. I ended up with some amazing blisters from walking everywhere and could have used a soak for my feet. The hostess Karen was really nice, supplied us with enough pastries, coffee and juice to survive a hurricane and was also a tour guide and was able to direct to some great spots to stay. She was really nice and it was a great price too. I would highly recommend staying here you are looking for a quaint space to stay and don't need the hotel feel. It is very much like a home away from home. She even provided bug spray, which I highly recommend you use. :)

Room Tip: Request the room with the bathtub if you want more room than a tiny shower.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CijaB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

I read all the great reviews about Dauphine House on TripAdvisor and was so happy to get a reservation there. The reviews on here are spot on! The room was great and the location even better. Karen was very helpful and gave us so many tips for our stay. It was a genuine pleasure meeting her. It was my boyfriend's first time in New Orleans so I wanted to make everything special. The Ingenue room (in the back) was romantic and my boyfriend couldn't get enough of the picture of the peacock! The room was a good size for two people and the bathroom was huge. The room and bathroom were tidy and I loved the towels in the bathroom. There is a mini fridge in the room and a little table as well. The continental breakfast was great, filled with yummy pastries. We came in the beginning of August so the price was a bargain, $65 per night. Parking was easy as Karen assisted us with a parking pass. The location was great, we were only a few blocks from Bourbon Street and the French Quarter. We absolutely loved it here. I have already told my family and friends about this place; we also plan to come back to the Dauphine House whenever we return to New Orleans. I highly recommended this place!! Thank you again, Karen!! Julissa & Ryan :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JulOca
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

This place was awesome. Karen was very knowledgeable about her adopted city and gave us invaluable tips about sightseeing. It was very luxurious and very clean. The continental breakfast provided had an excellent assortment. It was within walking distance of all the major attractions and everyone was helpful and friendly. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about this place. Superb value. Stay here if you can, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: all rooms are comfy and cozy
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank penny p
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

The Dauphine House and it's owner Karen Jefferies are exactly what every BnB should be like and what every hostess or host who owns and runs a sucessful BnB should be like. We spent four nights there last week and it was by far, THE best BnB we've ever stayed at in terms of hospitality and comfort (and we've stayed in a few fine BnB's.)

Long before we arrived, Karen kept in contact with us via phone and email. She asked if we didn't mind sharing our travel itnerary so she would know when to expect us and was a fountain of knowledge about NOLA.

She only has three rooms to let and we stayed in the center one, or the purple room. It was always quiet, the room was spotless and every morning Karen came in to tidy up, refresh the tp and towels and refill the goody basket. Look at the other pics that folks have posted and you will see the set up for the rooms.

There is street parking and Karen will give you a pass to post inside your windshield to keep the cops from ticketing you. These is a little table outside where you can have your coffee, free wi-fi and a small tv which we didn't even look at once.

We even asked if we could use her washer to run a small load of clothes because we had run out of undies and she graciously allowed us to use hers and "No, don't buy dtergent, I have lots." WOW!!! I felt like I was home and it was the icing on the cake to our visit in NOLA.

Please be aware thought that unlike SoCal where we are from, not everything is handicapp accessible and that goes for the Dauphine. Our bathroom was lovely but a tight squeeze for two rather rotund grandparents but if you are slim and trip, well, you'll have no problem! The steps to get inside are fairly steep as are most steps all over NOLA.

There is a small fridge and you would be wise to keep plenty of water in there to hydrate yourselves. We were fairly close to Bourbon Street but as Karen suggested, taking a cab is cheap and quick and saves you at the end of a hot day.

I hope I didn't miss anything but Karen if you see this...my husband and I will be forever greatly for all your help, great advice, kindness and generousity and of course your beautiful home.

Room Tip: There are only three but I think the one in the back of the house is the largest with the biggest ba...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BlueStarMama
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

I saw all the great reviews of Dauphine House on TripAdvisor and decided to stay here during my trip to New Orleans. The bed and breakfast is in an excellent location It is an easy walk to the French Quarter and the River Front street car. Since it is just outside the quarter, you will be able to sleep at night, if you so desire. Karen was great, Even though I saw her only when I checked in, she was gracious enough to pay for my cab fare from the Amtrak station, which was only ten dollars. Even though there was fruit, pastries and juice in the mini fridge, I personally prefer a heartier breakfast. This is just my personal preference. This in no way reflects on Karen or this wonderful bed and breakfast. I could not believe the rate was only $104 a night for such a wonderful bed and breakfast. I really enjoyed my trip to New Orleans and I would most definitely stay at the Dauphine House again. Thank you, Karen!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank pats80
Rockledge, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Just returned from 8 nights stay at a wonderful B&B just steps outside of the French quarter. Karen, the owner, is the most wonderful hostess. She made us feel right at home, catered to our every need, kept us in fresh towels, linens etc all week. She constantly refilled our basket of fresh pastries and fruits, and even stocked the fridge with fresh Orange Juice, butter and creamer and even yogurt for me as I can not eat the pastries. There was a coffee machine with lovely coffee, tea, hot cocoa and cider selections. There was a microwave and Karen saw I had bought some canned soup and left me two soup mugs. She was wonderful to us, never bothered us but was available if we had any questions or concerns! When my friend had to stay in for a day with sickness, she checked on her and offered to assist her, gave her a great delivery menu. As for the B&B, I would have given it all 5 stars but the room my friend stayed in was right on the street and the noise was a bit much for her. Karen went out and asked for the neighbors to quiet down though - which was super impressive...oh, and the draperies did not block out the morning sun so she had trouble sleeping in - which in NOLA after a night of playing, everyone wants to sleep in! Our room was the second in and it was peaceful and quiet, and dark when we needed! We each had our own entrance and our own bathroom - which had the most wonderful shower and heated fan to disipate the steam when your done. Big soft fluffy towels. The room is quite large, with the decor a fusion between funky bohemian and luxury and it fits the home perfectly! One great part was it was about $10 including tip to taxi anywhere you needed to go if you didnt feel like walking, but it was withing super easy walking distance to Frenchman Street where the best music and antiques are, Bourbon Street where the bars are, Royal Street where we found the best shopping, and the French Market for super cheap souveniers! There is a little market with everything you could need just down the street. You are a 5 min walk from the Riverfront Trolly which connects to Canal Street Trolly which connects to the St. Charles - so you can go anywhere for $3 all day trolly pass too. It is far away from all the crazy of Canal Street and the bad end of Bourbon, which you dont want to be near at night. Location is really very good. Hostess is exceptional, service is beyond wonderful!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms towards the back of the house of you need dark and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank psychonurse
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Our room was quiet and clean, old but nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. Loved tbe location, will stay there again.