Dauphine House Bed and Breakfast
US$349
US$337
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$231
  • Breakfast included
US$447
US$382
Waldorf.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$289
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$405
US$333
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$301
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$223
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$263
  • Breakfast included
US$382
US$348
US$307
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast basketfrenchman streetcoffee makerfrench quarterthe location is perfecta wonderful stayhome away from homewalked everywheremicrowavenolaactionbourboncourtyard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2012

It was a super cute tiny place with two bedrooms and walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Warning if you ever stay there the room with the shower has a REALLY tiny shower, totally functional but very tiny. I ended up with some amazing blisters from walking everywhere and could have used a soak for my feet. The hostess Karen was really nice, supplied us with enough pastries, coffee and juice to survive a hurricane and was also a tour guide and was able to direct to some great spots to stay. She was really nice and it was a great price too. I would highly recommend staying here you are looking for a quaint space to stay and don't need the hotel feel. It is very much like a home away from home. She even provided bug spray, which I highly recommend you use. :)

Room Tip: Request the room with the bathtub if you want more room than a tiny shower.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CijaB
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I read all the great reviews about Dauphine House on TripAdvisor and was so happy to get a reservation there. The reviews on here are spot on! The room was great and the location even better. Karen was very helpful and gave us so many tips for our stay. It was a genuine pleasure meeting her. It was my boyfriend's first time in New Orleans so I wanted to make everything special. The Ingenue room (in the back) was romantic and my boyfriend couldn't get enough of the picture of the peacock! The room was a good size for two people and the bathroom was huge. The room and bathroom were tidy and I loved the towels in the bathroom. There is a mini fridge in the room and a little table as well. The continental breakfast was great, filled with yummy pastries. We came in the beginning of August so the price was a bargain, $65 per night. Parking was easy as Karen assisted us with a parking pass. The location was great, we were only a few blocks from Bourbon Street and the French Quarter. We absolutely loved it here. I have already told my family and friends about this place; we also plan to come back to the Dauphine House whenever we return to New Orleans. I highly recommended this place!! Thank you again, Karen!! Julissa & Ryan :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulOca
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This place was awesome. Karen was very knowledgeable about her adopted city and gave us invaluable tips about sightseeing. It was very luxurious and very clean. The continental breakfast provided had an excellent assortment. It was within walking distance of all the major attractions and everyone was helpful and friendly. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about this place. Superb value. Stay here if you can, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: all rooms are comfy and cozy
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank penny p
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The Dauphine House and it's owner Karen Jefferies are exactly what every BnB should be like and what every hostess or host who owns and runs a sucessful BnB should be like. We spent four nights there last week and it was by far, THE best BnB we've ever stayed at in terms of hospitality and comfort (and we've stayed in a few fine BnB's.)

Long before we arrived, Karen kept in contact with us via phone and email. She asked if we didn't mind sharing our travel itnerary so she would know when to expect us and was a fountain of knowledge about NOLA.

She only has three rooms to let and we stayed in the center one, or the purple room. It was always quiet, the room was spotless and every morning Karen came in to tidy up, refresh the tp and towels and refill the goody basket. Look at the other pics that folks have posted and you will see the set up for the rooms.

There is street parking and Karen will give you a pass to post inside your windshield to keep the cops from ticketing you. These is a little table outside where you can have your coffee, free wi-fi and a small tv which we didn't even look at once.

We even asked if we could use her washer to run a small load of clothes because we had run out of undies and she graciously allowed us to use hers and "No, don't buy dtergent, I have lots." WOW!!! I felt like I was home and it was the icing on the cake to our visit in NOLA.

Please be aware thought that unlike SoCal where we are from, not everything is handicapp accessible and that goes for the Dauphine. Our bathroom was lovely but a tight squeeze for two rather rotund grandparents but if you are slim and trip, well, you'll have no problem! The steps to get inside are fairly steep as are most steps all over NOLA.

There is a small fridge and you would be wise to keep plenty of water in there to hydrate yourselves. We were fairly close to Bourbon Street but as Karen suggested, taking a cab is cheap and quick and saves you at the end of a hot day.

I hope I didn't miss anything but Karen if you see this...my husband and I will be forever greatly for all your help, great advice, kindness and generousity and of course your beautiful home.

Room Tip: There are only three but I think the one in the back of the house is the largest with the biggest bathroom (we peeked inside when the door was open and the room was empty.)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BlueStarMama
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I saw all the great reviews of Dauphine House on TripAdvisor and decided to stay here during my trip to New Orleans. The bed and breakfast is in an excellent location It is an easy walk to the French Quarter and the River Front street car. Since it is just outside the quarter, you will be able to sleep at night, if you so desire. Karen was great, Even though I saw her only when I checked in, she was gracious enough to pay for my cab fare from the Amtrak station, which was only ten dollars. Even though there was fruit, pastries and juice in the mini fridge, I personally prefer a heartier breakfast. This is just my personal preference. This in no way reflects on Karen or this wonderful bed and breakfast. I could not believe the rate was only $104 a night for such a wonderful bed and breakfast. I really enjoyed my trip to New Orleans and I would most definitely stay at the Dauphine House again. Thank you, Karen!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo