Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Columns Hotel(New Orleans)
Alder Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
Avenue Plaza Resort(New Orleans)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Henry Howard Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront porchb bgarden districtplantation roomlovely homethree roomsquiet neighborhoodst charleslocation was perfectstreetcarnolaaccommodationsquarter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My husband and I spent a lovely four days in New Orleans to celebrate my 50th birthday. It was our first time in NOLA and our first B&B experience staying at Southern Comfort. Owner Cindee Quick took care of us from the moment we stepped through her door. Actually, even before, she made sure we had reliable transportation from the airport to her B&B. She sat with us and helped plan what we could do each day to make the most of our time in NOLA and her recommendations were spot on.

Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast is a beautifully appointed and conveniently located home away from home. We gladly recommend it and will indeed stay with Cindee again because we definitely intend to visit New Orleans again.

P.S. > Cindee's a great cook too! Breakfast was fabulous - I nearly licked my plate clean each morning :)

Room Tip: No need to rent a car, the trolley is a block away and takes you straight to the French Quarter and through the Garden District.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KalynnA
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Lovely bed & breakfast close to the streetcar line and walking distance to the fun shops on Magazine Street. The owner is very personable and gives great recommendations for places to visit, restaurants to try, even specific dishes to order! She provides maps, brochures, and guidebooks to make it easy to find your way around. The rooms are lovely and well-equipped, furnished with antiques and other touches that provide the "Southern comfort" in the name.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We spent 8 nights at Southern Comfort B & B in October, with two friends. The accommodations were charming and comfortable, and the location very convenient to the St. Charles streetcar. Our breakfasts were delicious. Best of all our hostess, Cindee, is warm and gracious. She gave us a lot of helpful information as to how to find our way around NOLA and the surrounding areas. Also she had excellent suggestions re the local music scene and nightlife. Alas, we weren't always able to follow up on the nightlife, after a full day of activity. So we plan to pace ourselves the next time we visit New Orleans... and there will be a next time!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Poss52
Reviewed 5 November 2013

After lots of research we chose Southern Comfort for our recent trip to New Orleans and are so glad we did. We liked everything about it! Our room was so comfortable--nice and big, high ceilings, lots of windows, and a very comfortable bed. We especially loved hearing the fountain outside the window as we dozed off each night. The breakfasts were delicious, and the wonderful innkeeper, Cindee, even packed us a to-go breakfast for our early morning flight home.

The front porch swing was a great place to relax after a day of sightseeing or with my morning cup of tea. (Cindee puts coffee and tea out early, before breakfast, for any early risers.) The neighborhood was full of beautiful old houses, a great place for my early morning walks. It is also just a couple of blocks from St. Charles Street, where you can easily catch a street car to take you anywhere downtown that you want to go.

Cindee was a wonderful hostess. She was welcoming, friendly, and so helpful with suggestions for places to hear music or go to eat. Each morning at the end of breakfast she appeared in the dining room and asked if anyone needed directions, maps, guidebooks, information on restaurants, music venues, or anything else to send us out for a day of sightseeing. She clearly knows and loves the city. We don't know when we will go back to NOLA but will definitely stay at Southern Comfort again when we do.

Room Tip: The Plantation Room is the largest and has a separate sitting room. It also has lots of morning light, and you can hear the fountain in the garden, which was very peaceful. All the rooms are beautiful though.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GENCNauset
Reviewed 29 October 2013

All the other rave reviews, multiply them by 2 or 3 or even 10 and you'll get close to the experience I had staying here last spring for Jazz Fest. I loved the lovely house, my pretty and comfortable room, the neighborhood and its proximity to the street car line. I loved Cindee and the way she made me feel at home in a bunch of ways (including the work she put into laundering my mud-spattered pants after a rainy day at the fairgrounds). I loved all the delicious breakfasts she made, even accommodating my gluten-free needs. I loved her generosity, friendliness and big smile, how she shared local info, suggestions for fun things to do, for places to hear good music, for Jazz Fest logistics, for stories and history about her city. I can hardly wait for my next visit!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo