“Great place to stay!”

Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Southern Comfort B&B for a relaxing weekend in New Orleans. We arrived about 45 minutes earlier than we said and came in to an empty house. We waited a few minutes then called and Cindee came on right up, we had just missed her going downstairs. Check-in was super fast and easy and if you have time she gives you some suggestions about things to do. We didn't have any activities planned and just wanted to explore and eat some great food. Cindee had great recommendations for just that!
The house is awesome! We booked the Bouligny room. It was large, clean, and comfortable. There is a nice patio out back if you'd like to sit outside too. Breakfast was really good and kept us full well into the afternoon plus the coffee is delicious! My boyfriend couldn't stop raving about it. The house is in a nice area and very conveniently located. We never used our car and just walked maybe 2/3 blocks to the street car to take it down the garden district and to the french quarter. After our experience here I can't see myself staying in another hotel in New Orleans. Overall great time and we will definitely come back!

1  Thank Madeline C

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My mother and I had a wonder "girls trip" to New Orleans and had the pleasure of staying at Southern Comfort B&B. Conveniently located within a short walking distance from the Saint Charles street car and just a short drive (maybe 10 minutes) from the French Quarter. Beautiful home, large rooms, wonderful sitting porch. One thing I will say is to make sure you follow the directions that are attached in your confirmation email and DO NOT follow your GPS. Your GPS will take you through a shady side of town that's not so welcoming. This was NOT stated in the confirmation email at the time of our stay. Myself and the two other couples that had stayed in the B&B all drove through the "hood" and we're essentially lost for a bit...not the best start to our weekend. Other than that, we had a great weekend, great food and great conversation.

Room Tip: Plantation Room was large with adjoins room with trundle bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank armoenich
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here with Cindee for our 12th anniversary, and we had a wonderful time. It was our first experience at a bed and breakfast. Everything was super clean, and Cindee was very accommodating. She has a lot of knowledge about the city and was able to direct us to some unique restaurants, which is our favorite part of NOLA anyway! We would recommend this cozy bed and breakfast to anyone!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We enjoyed our recent visit to New Orleans and had a wonderful 2 night stay at Southern Comfort B&B, which I highly recommend to anyone wishing to stay in the garden district in a beautiful home!! Cindee was so sweet and helpful and offered us lots of great dining and sightseeing suggestions. The home is lovely and we were thrilled to find a B&B that could accommodate a family of 4 (with older children), in a very spacious and comfortable room all together. The breakfasts were delicious! Fresh fruit, coffee and orange juice, delicious entrees, and such a gracious host serving it all! We will DEFINITELY stay here again if we have the chance to return to NOLA!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My criteria for a B&B was it had to have a great breakfast. CIndee's B&B had that- yummy breakfasts. SHe is an amazing cook and a fabulous hostess. Baked apple pancakes, Shrimp etoufee benedict, candied bacon and great coffee too! I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: They are all great, very spacious
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed from 07/12/14 - 07/18/14. If you're looking for southern breakfasts made every morning, cleanliness, close proximity to trollies and French Quarter and a gracious host, you will find it at this B and B. It is a beautiful house that compliments your Louisiana experience. Innkeeper, Cindee Quick, is very informative about current events and activities happening in the French Quarter and the Garden Distict and offers ideas and insights about possible ventures. It is very comfortable staying in this B and B, you can come and go as you please and there is even an honor bar in the kitchen with the best deals on water and beer!

Cynthia

Room Tip: My bathroom had the classic cast iron claw foot tub.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was my third time visiting NOLA and I couldn't think of any other place I'd rather stay then the Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast. The full breakfasts were, as always, fantastic. Cindee is a wonderful hostess and very knowledgeable of the city. The room was spacious and comfortable with that southern touch added in. Cindee makes sensational traditional New Orleans breakfasts that I don't get up north. I love the tradition of staying at this place and will always return whenever I'm in New Orleans!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family