“PLEASE PLEASE NO KIDS HERE”

Motel 6 New Orleans
Ranked #147 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I am very sorry 1st of all to my daughter for having her stay at such a shady and seedy place. I witnessed a prostitution ring being run front the front lobby, and they seemed to have the help of the night desk clerk.. It was very noisy as men where in and out and people out in the hall all times of night..The rooms were smelly and beds were never made up, garbage never emptied.. This place needs to be shut down or under new management..I would never stay here again as I felt totally unsafe..BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS!!!PLEASE!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank yvette4144

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We have stayed at Motel 6 numerous times and have been satisfied more times than not. This time was our last. It started out that they forgot to reserve the room we requested and was confirmed, so we had to wait several hours to check into our room. Finally in we were quick shower and change. Disappointment number 2. There wasn't any water pressure. Starving we headed out for dinner on Bourbon St. Coming in late that night we headed to bed, but sleep never came. The mattress was horrible. Hard as a rock. Tried to find another hotel the next morning but it was New Year's Eve and the Sugar Bowl...so no luck...we were stuck. Three sleepless nights and several showers later we left and will never return to another Motel 6. Highlight of the trip...Sooner's win over Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. 45-31.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. Not even the ice machines worked. All three were broken.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 7 December 2013

There were three dogs in the two rooms across from mine. One of them barked non-stop for over an hour and another dog joined in whenever anyone walked down the corridor. The front desk lady was sincerely concerned about this and made repeated attempts to reach the nitwit owners who left their dogs alone in unfamiliar rooms. Finally, I asked for and received another room in a different part of the building. The area around the bed in the second room absolutely reeked of urine. By that time I was too tired to change rooms again and just resigned myself to the odor. The tour bus parked outside my window periodically started itself through the night, making even sleep a challenge.

Room Tip: Good luck.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bob B
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Bob B, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This motel was absolutely horrible!!! The front desk clerk was rude and horrible. The room was the size of my bathroom..Checked in checked out! THen she had the nerve to ask me if i used the bathroom in the room cause she was gonna charge me if i did!!! Please pay the extra cost to stay somewhere nicer or you will be near crack heads and hookers

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaysl0ver
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Disaster. From the time my girlfriend and I arrived, it was a disaster. Felt like I was checking into work release. From the stained carpet, to the chipped up shower, to the small outdated television, to the smell...there was a beer box in the front lobby's garbage can...The most hood people checking in there....AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Pay the extra dollar. It looks like a dorm room. We checked in and out in 10 minutes.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jaythecoach
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Very helpful and friendly staff here. A young lady at the front desk went out of her way to find a place for us to eat when we rolled into town late and checked in. Much appreciated. The pool was nice and the room was pretty clean. Overall one of the better motel 6 I have encountered. Location is not bad quick 15 min drive to downtown and quarter. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Overall, a very nice Motel 6 (we stay in a lot of them because we travel with dogs and they are always pet friendly). No obvious problems with the room. A 10 minute drive to the French Quarter. Fairly quiet area. There were a few strange people lurking... particularly one guy in a pick-up that creepily watched me and did "the slow drive-by" as I walked my dog.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family