“Location is great!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Orleans
Hotel de la Monnaie
Ranked #123 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Perfect hotel for us. All the amenities and within easy walking distance of French Quarter. Great value. Terrific staff. Would definitely stay there again. Rooms very comfortable with a separate sitting area and kitchenette. Thought we would have more meals there but at least it gave us the option! Liked the fact it was an older building with inside courtyards. Just nice.

Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Jane C

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Family and friends books a week at the Hotel de la Monnaie with the understanding that it was a four star hotel. This is false advertisment. The decor in our suite was old and the room had an odor. The furniture did not match, the room very dusty and the bathroom had mold growing on the ceiling. We cut our vacation short and checked out on Monday. It is not handicap asseciable either. This hotel is overdue for renovations. There are no amenities. The only bright spot was the staff. They were friendly and very helpful. I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank TravelingFamily30889
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A very friendly hotel close to great eating places and music venues. Clean rooms and a wading
pool centrally located, Maid service and self serve laundry facilities available. Gallery type
kitchen for light cooking.

Room Tip: I don't have a favorite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank beverlyannhall
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked a four night stay at Hotel de la Monnaie months in advance. The booking process seemed very hit or miss, cannot be completed online. We got confirmation for our original reservation, but then nothing when we asked to change from a 2 bed to a 1 bed suite, again weeks in advance. Had to phone to make sure reservation was in place. We originally had a room leading off the courtyard which was quite pleasant. Bed was not very comfortable and it was difficult to open the fridge, but after two days we were told by a notice on our door that we would have to switch rooms the following day. We complied and were then stuck in an inferior, smaller room on the 5th floor where we found the shower did not work. There was also hair on the floor. My husband had to shower in the room next door. Shower was fixed later in the day. Parking was available in the adjacent car park when we first arrived but by Friday there was no space and we were forced to leave our car out on the street in a pretty dicey area. We had a phone call from the hotel after we left to find out if we enjoyed our stay. We informed them that my husband had left some teeshirts in the chest of drawers but we heard nothing further from them. The hotel is convenient to the French quarter and it is reasonably priced, but I guess you get what you pay for and I would not want to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
9  Thank TTav
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We loved our stay at Hotel de la Monnaie.. Susan was great in handling any of our questions and concerns. The housekeeping staff was amazing. They went above and beyond the call of duty! The resort is old but so clean and very homey. I really felt very much at home. The location was fantastic right at the trolley stop at the French Market. Lots of good food and entertainment around the corner minus the craziness of Bourbon St. I would definitely stay here again! Thanks again to all the staff at Hotel de la Monnaie!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susan b
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Overall, the hotel is quaint, rooms are a decent size - but needs serious updating. Yes, reservations are a pain. No one is there on the weekend days, so if you need to change something within that 48 hour cancel window (which I did), it's a real problem. Best thing about the hotel is the location at the end of the FQ - worse thing was the club next door. Pounding, ear-splitting music from 10PM to 4:30 AM - we checked out after the fourth night and struggled to find another hotel, but had to - the pulsating of the music made us physically sick. The hotel is right across from the Riverfront streetcar station, so that is a plus. Staff was very nice, room was kept clean but not spotless. Would not return.

Room Tip: Get a room in the BACK of the hotel away from Esplanade.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank bkg
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The online reservation system for this hotel is an archaic email - wait and see. Don't call on a weekend for them either- no one there. Once I finally called on a Monday afternoon after no one called me in response to the email reservation, I requested a confirmation via email. Didn't receive it so I had to request it again. Due to a health reason, I had to cancel the reservation. The cancellation process is even worse then trying to make the reservation and I have yet to have anyone acknowledge my cancellation. It has been 3 days with emails and phone calls from me. If this is the service before even getting there, I believe that I won't be going to this hotel anytime soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family