Historic Streetcar Inn
US$214
US$179
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$147
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$302
US$280
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$121
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$216
US$207
US$166
US$122
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$140
DruryHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvoodoo bbqgarden districtslice pizzahistoric street carcontinental breakfastfrench quartercharles avenuetrolley lineday passfront porchsmall hotelmardi grashome away from homecharming hotelsouthern hospitalityfew blocksbourbon street
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Was excited about going back in history. The excitement quickly passed when I crawled into the bed. Had to fight the lumps all night. the room was small, had a 19" tube type TV, No Phone, No alarm clock and a absolutely filthy carpet. When going out for dinner - I asked about an alarm clock and the hostess apologized and suggested that I use my phone as an alarm clock. She also said that she would leave a note for morning shift to knock on the door. My internal alarm clock woke me up the next morning ( no knock on the door ). There is no parking for the hotel except for the metered street parking at 10 minutes for 25 cents. Fortunately - there was not requirement for meter payment between ( 8pm - 8am). The room was not in the main building - but just beside it and up the stairs. Disappointing - but after arriving late in the evening - I didn't have much choice. RECOMMENDATION: Get to town early and stay at another hotel. I gave this a (1) star because the system would not let me leave it blank.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JIM S
AvenueGM1509, General Manager at Historic Streetcar Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and thank you so much for your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better.

We are a historic property and while we do not offer the same experience as standard hotels, we do understand our guests have different tastes when staying with us, and our setting does not appeal to all comers. That being said, we do take your comments seriously and have looked into improving our setting based upon them As to parking, we do not advertise it and have not offered at any point, although we are working to change this situation. As to our room cleanliness, we do pride ourselves on our standards, and have looked into the issue you had.

I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@historicstreetcarinn.com or 504-521-8000 if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Very charming atmosphere upon entering the front door. I felt like I had stepped back in time. Glenda was very personable unlike whoever was working with her. Glenda showed us around and personally unlocked our door. Upon entry the room had an overwhelming fragrance of air deodorizer that had been used to cover the musty old smell. It made me choke. I got used to it over our stay. The room was a nice size but there was no chair to sit in. We had to sit only on the bed and it was way too soft both for sitting or sleeping. There was not enough counter space for a traveler. I had to set up a vanity on the mantle. We got a good deal, so that helped a little, but we will not return.

Room Tip: For New Orleans the trolley stop location in the garden district was great due to easy access everywhere. Avoid the French Quarter. Costs are elevated and parking is impossible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
AvenueGM1509, General Manager at Historic Streetcar Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us as well as taking time to complete a review of the hotel. I was glad to see that your check in experience was pleasant.

Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction you felt with the room. Being a historic property, we have a variance in the physical floorplan of each room. We do have some rooms that are smaller than others, although all are comfortable for our guest needs. I believe we can ensure a better experience if you would consider staying with us again

It is our hope that you will allow us to show you that we can provide a better stay. Please contact me at gm@historicstreetcarinn.com or 504-521-8000 when you have plans to return and our team will make sure you have a comfortable visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Found a deal for this room. But once we checked in the room smelled musty, the ceiling wall paper was falling off, the smoke detector was missing, there was no remote to the tv, the blankets were questionable. The front desk would not let us cancel our reservation upon our complete dis-satisfaction with the room. We would have gladly paid the extra money to stay somewhere decent. I understand it was historic, but it doesn't have to be gross. I would recommend as a last resort only.

• Stayed: October 2013

In regards to your room, I am disappointed to hear of the issue you had. In regards to the Fire Alarm, we have immediately handled this issue, not only as a safety issue, but because of the concern you expressed over it. I do understand when experiencing a historic property for the first time, it can be difficult if you preference is more of a modern hotel. It is a matter of taste, and it is certainly understandable if you found our setting not to yours. We do find many of our guests enjoy the authentic New Orleans feel, but it is not for every person.

In regards to the cancellation policy, we do hold all our guest to it, so in unilateral fairness to the others that had paid the fee, we could not waive yours at that time. I am sorry if this was not favorable to you, but we ensure fairness to all our guests.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

As a part of our road trip New Orleans was one of our favourite destinations. Obviously we had to stay somewhere in the centre of the City. The Historic Streetcar Inn offers this for a very good and affordable price. The locations is in walking distance of Lafayette Square or you can hop on the Streetcars that stop directly in front of the Inn.

The staff was also very nice and help full. They gave us some good advice on what to do in the city and where to go.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon! Do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@historicstreetcarinn.com or 504-521-8000 if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was an older facility but still had so much charm...from chandeliers in the hallways to real keys to unlock your room door! When I checked in, hotel staff personally accompanied me to my room. There was no 'closet' to put my things in...there was a cute little cove with a pull curtain that was quite charming! I loved everything about it. There were a couple of different areas to enjoy the continental breakfast. I felt like my stay was at a cozy bed & breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank MandyL2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to New Orleans. It is great you took the time to let us know we made your stay so memorable. We strive to ensure our guests receive a great experience and its a pleasure when we can achieve that goal.