“Love it!”

Ranked #137 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Miami, Florida
“Love it!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I checked in this hotel this past Monday(July 14, 2014) thru Tuesday(July 15, 2014). This Hotel is amazing. The Receptionists are cool, food was very convenient, as well as the Street Car stop location.(Get the 3 dollar all day pass) I personal love the historic feel and the rooms smell very nice as well. The price is cheap and the receptionists helped us with everything. I would definitely stay here again as a might of fact, I'm planning for a future trip at this hotel as I speak. I definitely recommend this place as it is cheap, convenient and in a great location.

P.S. The Voodoo Barbecue creates a great aroma while standing outside! :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JarvaWilburn
AGHgm, General Manager at Historic Streetcar Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!
If you do choose to come to New Orleans again feel free to contact me directly so I can take care of you personally. You can reach me at 504-521-8000 or gm@historicstreetcarinn.com for any questions or reservations you might need to make.

Richard Gillespie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. The room reek of mildew, the bedding was soild and stained. The room door opened to the outside was rotting with cracks that you could see through too the outside. The door was not flush with the frame and there was about a inch gab between the door and the ground which led to the outside... bugs and critters could come and go as they pleased. The manage was not helpful at ALL. He simply stated that housekeeping and maintance was gone for the day. It was 3pm in the middle of the day?

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank sonya K
I have been waiting for this particular posting as I feel we need to respond directly. When you initially came to our Front Desk to check in, you requested an upgrade for two beds. The reservation made by you was for one bed and you were unhappy we could not accommdate your request. While we strive to provide the best experience for the guests of the Historic Streetcar Inn, we also ensure that all guests are taken into consideration. This was during the time of a major special event in the New Orleans area, and the room type you wanted with two beds was sold out far before the time your reservation was booked. As we could not accommdate your request, you wanted to leave at that time, well before actually taking your room. After this time, you decided to take issue with the room and claim we were deceptive in our business practices. I did go to the room with you to see to the issues you had presented, and stated to you that we were more than willing to change to a room of equivocal value and quality, as well as let you look it over before taking it. I never even got the chance to try to rectify the issues you presented as you left the hotel, and after a time returned only to check out. At this time you once again requested a full refund. As you chose to book over a special event, that required a full prepayment that was nonrefundable, we were simply following the policy that all of our in house guest were asked to adhere. We cannot in all fairness provide a refund when any other guest during this event was also not allowed a refund. At this time it was also stated that if we did not offer an immediate refund, you would place a bad review on Tripadvisor to force us into giving you the refund. As to the guest you claim had bed bugs in the room, no such thing happened and we were not spraying for any pests. This guest never complained of any problems and left the hotel with a great experience. Your claims here are erroneous. I believe that you should receive quality service, it is an obligation we have to all our paying guests. We were not given the chance to try to resolve the situation, and were simply handed an ultimatum on this because honestly, you did not get the two bedded room you requested upon walking in the hotel. I am sorry we could not accommodate you, it is something we greatly regret. I hope you will still consider coming to New Orleans as it is a great city for everyone to enjoy.

Travellers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I opted to stay at this hotel due to the hotels being sold out downtown and the hotel location in the Garden District. You get what you pay for here. The location is fantastic and you can hop on the Saint Charles Street car in front of the Inn. The staff was very helpful however the hotel is not simply historic it is run down. The room was small and the television was a big box television with made five channels from the 1980's. The bed was uncomfortable and the furniture looked as if it came from the Salvation Army. If you are simply looking for a place to lay your head without any frills. This is the place for you. If you seeking anything more out of your hotel experience..stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you are on a tight budget then this place would be ideal. The rooms are the most economical in th...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 1TravelingPeach
AGHgm, Owner at Historic Streetcar Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to New Orleans. It is great to hear that you had a great stay with us!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is amazing! All you people complaining here is some advice... Stay at a knew hotel! This hotel is from the 1880's!!! It's historical! So it's not going to be perfect but... It's perfect for what it is! It's a perfect location and everything is clean ! We will stay again!! And I'm leaving this comment during my second day stay
(7-2-14) Our house keeper was a sweetheart and professional and so nice! This is a vintage building with amazing ambiance!! I will stay many more times!!
Phillip & Heather Calfy

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank HeatherCalfy

Seminole, Florida, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This place is bigger than it appears from the street. There are at least 46 rooms. It is very conveniently located across the street from the streetcar that runs 24 hrs and cost $1.25 to get to the French quarter. You can get a day pass for $3.00. We took the streetcar there, and walked back the 1.4 miles from Bourbon street. There is a nice Irish pub across the street with a terrific bartender, and the Voodoo BBQ next door has daiquiri's to go. There is a pizza place on the other side. This is in an area that appears pretty safe. We did a lot of walking. There are shops up and down the street and bars. The free continental breakfast is nice, lots of pastries to chose from, cereal's, bagel, coffee, hard boiled eggs. Our room was fine, and spacious. There were 3 of us, and we had 2 queen beds. Drawback.... there is a small TV in the room on a little table that only one bed can see. The bathroom was somewhat dated. Our room did not smell, and the AC was ice cold and controlled by a remote. Staff was friendly. Major drawback was the parking. They have none. "You can park on any of the side streets", which we did, and it wasn't a problem other than carrying our bags the block away. This room was approx half the price of rooms in the French quarter. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Diane C

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The good news: breakfast, nice porch with rockers, small patio, near streetcar and Garden District, helpful staff
The bad news: room small, bed side lamps didn't work, one outlet had tape over it and the other was cracked so plugs would not stay plugged in, sink slow to drain, toilet difficult to flush, black gunk in shower, shower curtain not attached to all rings, no help with luggage
We stayed 4 nights. One day, we received a note telling us there would be limited maid service. We had to get our own towels that day-two bath towels and one wash cloth. We stayed gone from the room as much as possible. Some issues were due to the historic nature of the building, but some, like the bathroom problems seem to be a lack of maintenance.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mary W
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel was so bad I refused to stay in it. Room smelled horrible ac didn't work well paint coping of the wall in the bathroom. And last but not least no on site parking. When I asked where to park I was told just park of some side street. I said no way look at the neighborhood. Clerk said this is a zero crime rate area. When I look at reviews after returning home I see several complaints about cars being broken in to. Hotel is thirty get from MLK Blvd if that tells you anything.

• Stayed June 2014