“OUSTANDING WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE”

The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
Ranked #23 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My wife and I have been to New Orleans about 12 times in the past 12 years. Often we stay at "just a hotel"! That might be a Marriott, a Sheraton or a Courtyard but the Ritz was an experience.
From the check in at the reception desk the staff only wants their guests to be pleased.
Housekeeping was great and the room was furnished and decorated like a home away from home. Howard at the front door was always there and had a smile on his face. Jerry at the Valet was always available to talk to , ask and answer a question and wish you a great day. The club services and the staff was completely outstandingly outstanding. The food, the drink, the selection, the quality the people, the services were phenomenal! I travel and have been on the road in hotels around 70 days year to date this year alone and I will tell you that nothing I have ever experienced with the exception of the Four Seasons Hotel has come close!
Thank you to the staff, the management, the Club team and everyone for making this an absolutely, positively stay and experience to remember!

Room Tip: Ask for and pay for Club Services
2  Thank brentef
RitzManagement, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans. Thank you for the wonderful review and generous comments. We were delighted to see that Jerry and the Club Level Concierges were of assistance to you during your stay. Your feedback is incredibly important to us as a hotel that prides itself on providing the finest service and facilitates in the city. Thank you for helping us, we appreciate your feedback and hope that your 72nd stay will be with us.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I really hate to have such a bad experience at a Ritz Carlton, as I've come to love the brand and level of service at every other property I've stayed at. Unfortunately, this Ritz just didn't live up to its brother and sister properties. That said, lets start with the positives:

-Great Location close to Bourbon street but far enough away not to be in the thick of things.
-Beautiful interior courtyard.
-Comfortable beds!!!

Now, for the bad:

-It was my partner's birthday and I requested a bottle of champagne online the day before we arrived but got no response. At check in I was able to say something to the front desk person who promised a bottle of champagne -- nothing ever came! I called a manager the next day who apologized and asked my partner's name. Later that day we got a bottle of champagne awkwardly handed to us with no note, no use of his name even though they asked.
-LOUD rooms! We could hear ever conversation in the hallway, and unfortunately had a housekeeping staff meeting right outside our room at 9am on a weekend.
-When paying for a five star property, one can expect complimentary morning coffee in the lobby, unfortunately this property charged $4 for a cup of coffee! Outrageous and tacky!

You can do better Ritz Carlton!

1  Thank paulinias

We regret that your stay was less than memorable and hope to earn back your business. We are sorry that you experienced challenges. Forums such as this allow us to better understand our guest’s needs and work to resolve issues. So, thank you for helping us and please feel free to contact the Front Office Manager at the hotel directly if you would like to discuss any of the issues further. 504-524-1331

Reviewed 15 October 2011

The fastest check-in ever. Beautiful, standard Ritz quality room. The property has been remodeled and carpets, paint, furnishings are all new and fresh. Everything at this location is Fast. Room service, valet for the car, housekeeping, bellmen are all fast. This hotel has great staffing. Who ever is hiring for this hotel knows how to get great people. We had a room service burger and it was perfectly cooked. A spinach salad with Gulf shrimp was good(someone missed cleaning a couple of shrimp, kind of disgusting). Coffee and breakfast were very good. The location is excellent and I enjoyed this stay.

1  Thank LOL305

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans. Thank you for weighing in on our newly renovated room product. We are sorry to hear about the shrimp, but appreciate the information. Your feedback is incredibly important to us as a hotel that prides itself on providing the finest service and facilitates in the city. Thank you for helping us and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I just spent two nights here on a business trip and the experience was very good. I really liked the fact that with the lobby and Bistro Bar on the 3rd floor one is comfortably isolated from the hustle on Canal Street yet you are an easy walk to everything you need to see and do in the French Quarter. The room was excellent and the service great.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room overlooking the French quarter. My room had a great view of the River and the ro...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank seanmage

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans. And, thanks for the wonderful tip. Your feedback is incredibly important to us as a hotel that prides itself on providing the finest service and facilitates in the city. Thank you for helping us and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed at the club floor. The lounge was lovely, the food plentiful, wine and champagne complimentary, the staff pleasant and helpful. The concierge(s) on the main floor however were almost unfriendly. The room was very comfortable. Unfortunately we had loud neighbors with kids and clearly walls and doors were not sound proof. A special thanks to Sonja for her kindness and her professionalism.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank TorontoFR

We regret that your stay was less than memorable and hope to earn back your business. We are sorry that you had challenges but are delighted to learn that Sonja was of assistance to you during your stay. Forums such as this allow us to better understand our guest’s needs and work to resolve issues. So, thank you for helping us and please feel free to contact the Front Office Manager at the hotel directly if you would like to discuss any of the issues further. 504-524-1331

Reviewed 10 October 2011

I had a TravelZoo voucher for a massage and glass of champagne here. WOW. The best spa I have ever visited outside those in Las Vegas. The staff was pleasant, nice, and professional. The robes and sandals are comfy and the waiting 'relaxation room' is clean and serene. The champagne was delicious and they have coffee and tea as well for patrons to drink. The hot stone massage I received from Marilyn was GREAT. Super-relaxing and well-done. She was amazing. I felt so relaxed. I could then visit the sauna and steam rooms, which I did. Both amazing. The showers on-site are fully equipped with soap, shampoo, shave gel, etc and they have shower caps and razors available. My fave part was mixing the free sugar they provide with the shower gel for a wonderful exfoliating shower. Ahhhh! So blissful. They have hair dryers, combs, hairspray, and deodorant for you to use too. I loved every moment of it. A+++++ Best spa visit in NOLA!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank msspungen

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, New Orleans. We just received two more awards last week from SpaFinder Magazine and Spa Magazine for the amazing service that the ladies and gentlemen of our spa offer our guests. Thank you for acknowledging Ms. Marilyn. Your feedback is incredibly important to us, so thank you for helping us and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

I just completed a four night stay at the Ritz. First, there were many individuals who provided excellent service - the waiter who delivered room service was great. The lady who provided turndown service and other wait staff in the hotel were all very nice. However, at a management level and in other key areas, the hotel doesn't live up to the reputation they advertise. I arrived early the first day and knew that my room probably wouldn't be ready. Instead of welcoming me and others at the front desk, we had to stand there a ridiculous amount of time with no acknowledgement from the clerk that we wanted to check in. I've never seen a hotel at this level who did not have individuals ready to personally greet their guests as they waited to check in. That experience at the front desk was horrible, and set the tone for the rest of my stay. Management should recognize how important first impresssions are.

I reserved an 80 minute massage at the spa. They were advertising the recent Travel and Leisure #1 ranking that they received, but again, I just don't get it. The facilities were not that elaborate. In fact, when I went to the relaxation area it was extremely messy - obviously others had been there before me and no one had cleaned up behind them. I was very surprised - you would expect pristine conditions. The masseuse did a nice job, but again, the staff at the entrance to the spa was mediocre. They had trouble confirming my appointment and were certainly not very friendly considering the amount of money that I was about to spend with their service. In July I utilized the spa at the Four Seasons in Vail - by comparison, that was a first class facility. Head and shoulders above the Ritz in New Orleans.

Service and friendliness are why I choose one hotel over another. This hotel doesn't measure up.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sehpm

We regret that your stay was less than memorable and hope to earn back your business. We are sorry that you we did not meet your expectations. Forums such as this allow us to better understand our guest’s needs and work to resolve issues. So, thank you for helping us and please feel free to contact the Front Office Manager at the hotel directly if you would like to discuss any of the issues further. 504-524-1331