“Ritz- Carlton New Orleans”

The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
Ranked #21 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Wonderful hotel and service. Location good but still love the old New Orleans hotels too. Excellent service. The Davenport lounge is wonderful and will go back there for sure. Will allow my four-legged children.

Room Tip: Higher floor is best for noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank doralfl
Write a ReviewReviews (3,188)

Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was the first time I had stayed at a Ritz Carlton, so I went in with stars in my eyes. In many ways it was everything I hoped for but in a couple ways not what I expected. First there is no shuttle service from the airport. You must use an outside service, which caused a delay in arriving at the hotel and trouble when we checked out. The hotel is about 6 blocks from the French quarter. Not a bad walk but a walk. We stayed club level so we had access to a lounge with snacks all day. Most of this food was good but we were disappointed in the breakfast. The staff would go out of their way to get what you wanted. Our room was great, large bed, lots of pillows, flat screen, and the bathroom was spacious. the only complaint would be for the price, wifi should be complimentary. We also took the advantage of the couples spa package. It was very expensive and the tip had been including. The service was great although I didn't think the pedicure lasted as long as the one I spend $30.00 on at home. Our massage therapist were super and even gave us a gift when they found out it was our anniversary. The staff was friendly and helpful in every part of the hotel. For us, this was a special occasion splurge, and I was very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the atrium would be a better view other than that not sure.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Audrey H
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Well I was in NOLA last saturday to watch Saints play at super dome . I stayed at Ritz, it was our first stay at Ritz, and we liked it. Valet was perfect but expensive as like in any other big hotel,the service at the check in was fast and easy. The room was quite big and beds were very comfortable ,kids enjoyed the Tv, and late night pizza in the room. The courtyard was very nice and we enjoyed our evening drinks there, breakfast was excellent . As everybody says the location is perfect, right in the middle of action and yet so far once you are inside the hotel. I have stayed almost in every hotel in NO and this was the best. Expensive but worth it.

Room Tip: Corner room and high floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Pankaj S
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Friends and I spent last weekend there to celebrate our 50th birthdays. We got a special deal through Snique Away. The rooms were beautiful, spotless, and more than comfortable. Howard greeted us as we arrived and each time thereafter when we used the elevators to leave or enter the hotel. If fact virtually each and every employee we encountered greeted us!

After a long day of walking in the Frech Quarter, we visited the Davenport Lounge for a cold drink. At first no one acknowledged us but finally, Marc Roberson did and spent the afternoon catering to us. He made us feel special and appreciated. He even made us special birthday cake cocktails!!! He was so much fun. If you ever visit the Davenport, ask specifically for Marc. You will not be disappointed.

The rooms were so well appointed and comfortable. I got the very best night's sleep on the bed in my room. When we were away for dinner, the maid turned down the covers and left me chocolates and filled my ice bucket!

Although you can hear some street/courtyard noise in your room, I was so tired and full from dinner that I went right to sleep (I was on the fifth floor). But ask for a room higher up if you're a light sleeper.

There was high priced water available in the room, but also a couple of bottles of complimentary water as well. Most appreciated when venturing out into the New Orleans weather!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. And I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Although check-in time is after 4PM, we arrived before lunch and were able to check in right away. That was unexpected and most appreciated!

Room Tip: I did not use the spa or have any meals at the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dicorrs
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My son and daughter-in-law stayed at The Ritz-Carlton for their 1st anniversary. I noticed a conscientious manager replying to concerns of trip advisor patrons and decided to contact him. Matt Helm was very nice over the phone and promised he would take care of them.
Much to my surprise they were placed on the Club Level. I can't thank Mr. Helm enough for going beyond the call of his normal duties to make this trip so special. It is management like this that brings customers back and gets new ones by word of mouth. Hats off to Matt Helm for a job well done.

Room Tip: Management still looks out for the customer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Just average for a Ritz Carlton.

Service OK.

Rooms well appointed.

I stayed in one of their club/executive rooms - nice evening drinks and snacks in the executive/club lounge.

Very convenient location for the major attractions and a short walk from the convention centre.

Nice internal courtyard. Didn't eat at any restaurants at the hotel but room service was good.

Overall I would stay again if the rates are competivie - I had managed to get a very good rate for the club room especially given each hotel was pumping up prices for the convention that was on.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DFRF6875
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Loved the Ritz.............another very nice property as usual. The service at every level and location at the hotel was excellent! I do have a beef...........we paid an extraordinary amount for valet parking for less than the 24 hours we were there. So, WARNING, don't use the valet parking if possible.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family