“Facilities -B, Service -A+”

The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
Ranked #20 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The hotel, food offered at business events, facilities, rugs, beds, rooms, all below the normal Ritz class but the staff service from Rudy as a Concierge to the front desk staff to the entire team who eagerly awaited another company's team from a community service event was sooooo amazing!!!

Room Tip: We were in a 51 room which was quiet and yet near the ice so that was helpful, bad view but again, q...
1  Thank Femexecmom
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Beautiful hotel especially for business traveler. I have stayed at 'club level' in the past which was wonderful, they were renovating it this past week (it was elegant to begin with, can't wait to see what they do with it!)

Reg room was spacious, beautifully decorated and comfortable. Bathroom is large enough, nice amenities, slippers, robe, turn down service etc.

Decorations for Holidays are festive and tastefully done.

Spa facility and service itself was excellent. Service levels where in fatc excellent, from the warm welcome, to restaurant/bar service - everyone was sincerely eager to please.

Gym and salt water pool also clean and in tip top shape- well done LA!

Room Tip: higher the better if facing Canal St- can be little loud
2  Thank Giag21
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have stayed at many Ritz Carlton's but this is one of my Favorites. Perfectly chosen location for easy access to all of New Orleans. The lobby is breath taking with mixed decor and style. The soothing bath in my suite was well used nightly for this stay of mine. I was here on business & had a deal breaker pending. I can honestly say staying here saved my deal.
Food is in the Bistro is outstanding, great quality and priced accordingly for a Ritz.

Room Tip: Higher suites are best for quiet nites
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Let me begin by saying I am a gold level member of the Ritz Carlton reward program and it gives me no pleasure to write this review. Moreover, the GM of the property, Mr. Oliver, was very gracious in going over my comments which I will enumerate here. I felt he was sincere in understanding the work he has to do at this property. Over my objection, he comped one night and offered to do more. But as I told him this property is in crisis and until there are a number of reviews which say it has been fixed, my advice is not to stay here.

When we arrived, a bellman named Jimmy or Johnny promised to take our luggage to our room while we had dinner with our family who lives in NO. I gave him 10 dollars. After our lovely dinner in the M Bistro (one of the few highlights of the stay), we went to our room - no bags. As far as I am concerned, he stole 10 dollars from me. After a while of waiting, the bags were finally delivered by someone else who I had to give more money. Bottom line - the bell staff here over promises and under delivers - a forboding of things to come.

The next morning I tried to access the internet. I was told on check in I received free wi-fi as a Gold rewards member. When I was unable to connect, I went to the front desk and the fellow working told me I had to go back to the room and call a special number. By pure luck, I ran into another employee - Sarah - who was one of three employees who lived up to the Ritz marketing slogan "Let us move heaven and earth for you." She took my iPad mini, made the phone call herself, and fixed the issue herself which she admitted was an issue with their provider. Sarah was fantastic in attitude and in every other way, but its not acceptable for Ritz Carlton to have wi fi issues for 4 days in a row as we had with theirs.

On Friday night at 10 PM, there was a loud band noise coming from the floor below (we were in room 462). I called the front desk to inquire as to when the band would end their performance. The first fellow acted as if he didn't know there was a band playing at all. I then called back and spoke to a second agent and she never once apologized and said, " At this point there are limited options but I can offer you earplugs." Can you believe a Ritz Carlton employee cavalierly offered a set if earplugs as the answer to a problem where we were not going to be able to sleep until the concert ended at 1 am CT (2 am our time) for the next 2 nights?

I then asked to speak to the manager on duty. Jonathon Hall is the rudest single Ritz employee I have ever encountered. He did not apologize until I pointed out he hadn't done so. He said no one had ever complained about it before. I inquired as to why he had earplugs to offer if that was the case and he had no answer. After I asked him to call the General Manager, he then said he would move us, which of course was an enormous inconvenience. He refused to call the GM saying he spoke for him. Then after a bellman came up to our room without a cart for our luggage, I called to speak to Jonathon again to make sure we were indeed moving and I was told, at 11:03 PM, "Mr. Hall has left the property for the evening." I have never heard of a Ritz manager on duty leaving in the middle of an issue with a guest.

To be frank, words don't exist to properly explain the lack of service in this hotel. Its nothing like any other Ritz I have ever been too. Other issues included newspapers only being delivered 3 out of 4 mornings, housekeeping leaving someone else's soap in the shower, and the person in charge of the bar on Thursday and Friday mornings being rude and obnoxious.

The exceptions are Sarah which I mentioned above, Vincent at the coffee shop who was first rate, and Curtis in valet who was always prompt and courteous - even if he was a Florida State fan.

As I said before, the GM Mr. Oliver really seemed upset that our visit was so bad. However, because this forum is to help fellow travelers make informed decisions about where to stay, I want to be honest and warn you that staying here is really a bad idea. But I am hopeful that Mr. Oliver can turn it around.

Room Tip: On Friday and Saturday nights there is a band which plays unit 1 AM. If you insist on risking it and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
34  Thank KeithAHall
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel need a lot of renovations room are ok but far from being to their expected standard carpet looked very used. The spa charges are over priced .an in room massage is almost as expansive as the room charge 299 dollar for the room 250 for the massage something is far from logic the spa charge is 165 the location is good but many hotels near to it

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel is just one block from Bourbon street so easy to see the sites. The room was terrific. Maybe the best bed I ever slept in. Food was okay but the bar is very nice. Not crazy about New Orleans anymore, but this is a great place if you are there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Badger7676
Reviewed 28 November 2013

when ur just a block from bourbon street, u cant get lost. nice hotel, great location. elevators were annoying as u had to take an elevator to the lobby, the n a separate elevator to go to ur room. when ur tired and drunk, its no fun. nothing like taking a walk of shame through the lobby at 2am

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends