The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$212
US$518
US$468
US$903
  • Pool
Le Pavillon Hotel(New Orleans)
US$297
US$370
US$344
Hotel Mazarin(New Orleans)
US$332
  • Breakfast included
Staybridge Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$752
US$435
US$255
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$178
HolidayInn.com
3,262 results
All reviewsclub leveldavenport loungejeremy davenportmaison orleansfrench quartercanal streetlive jazzthird floorbeautiful hotelturn down serviceconcierge serviceluxury hotelbeignetsmardi grasthe location is perfectbourbon sttwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Surprisingly poorly maintained. Several problems with the room - door lock didn't work properly, phone not working and chipped sink. None a big deal but not what you'd expect at the Ritz. Also the reception is oddly set up being on the third floor. Rooms don't have much of a view - basically you see another building. Overall a bit disappointing.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamesmorton
JOliver-GM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear JamesMorton,

I would like to apologize in failing to meet your expectations. Our credo states “we pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guest,” but I am sad to learn from your feedback that we fell short. Please know I take full responsibility for any key/lock issues you might have had as well as the fact that your room was not up to The Ritz-Carlton standard you expect.

We are constantly striving to identify our defects in order to avoid reoccurrence and all feedback helps us move our operation forward. I can assure you, I will personally see to it that these opportunities are resolved to the best of my ability.

Again please accept my sincere apology for your inconvenience. Thank you for joining us and I hope you give us another chance to re-instill your faith in The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans.

Best Regards,
Jim Oliver

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The room wasn't all that jazz but the hotel itself (the lobby, main entry, courtyard) had a beautiful authentic french feel for it. We had a slight room complication but we weren't in the mood to fuss and the staff was really accommodating. Its location is awesome as you can walk to Bourbon Street and into the French Quarter. Stayed here for a quick weekend getaway and we'd definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My hubby and I stayed here during Jazz fest last year - we had a wonderful time and the location was perfect. It was easy to hop onto public transportation and there are plenty of cabs waiting to take you wherever you want to go.

The only downside to this place is that the lobby is on a different floor than the street level, so I felt we were constantly in the elevator.

Otherwise - the blood mary's are splendid and we loved the garden terrace. I would stay there again….

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton New Orleans for five nights for a conference the first week of Mardi Gras. I was a bit concerned at the timing of the conference because, although I was excited about experience some of the early Mardi Gras festivities, I was afraid it would be difficult to get into some of the nicer restaurants. It turned out not to be a problem. And the Ritz is in the perfect location to experience all the charm (and craziness) of the French Quarter.

I arrived early in the morning after a red eye and was greeted warmly by the Ritz staff. Check in was a breeze and my room was ready despite a posted 4 p.m. check in. Note that although you enter the hotel on the first floor, you need to take a shuttle elevator to the third floor for check in. My room was also on the third floor in a small wing just past the shuttle elevators. I was a bit disappointed at first, but quickly appreciated the convenience of being located on the same floor as the restaurant, lounge and beautiful courtyard. And the shuttle elevators quickly took me to first floor to Canal Street to watch parades.

The room was beautiful and spacious. The decor was what you would expect of a Ritz Carlton, upscale and classy. It was nicely appointed with a comfortable King bed. The bathroom was beautiful as well with marble floors and upscale toiletries. The only thing I would have liked to have had was an in-room coffeemaker.

There was a nice sized room safe in the closet. The wireless internet worked well and was free ( I think because I am a member of the Ritz Carlton Club).

The fitness center is located on the first floor near the spa. It was top notch and had the latest equipment and separate cardio and weight rooms.

I can't say enough about how friendly and accommodating the staff were throughout the hotel.

I ate dinner at the hotel restaurant one night and was a bit disappointed at the selection and the prices (it is a Ritz Carlton after all). There was live jazz in the lounge that was entertaining.

All in all the Ritz is a prime property to stay at in New Orleans for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Canal Street side can be noisy when parades are taking place. But you get a great view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We spent Mardi Gras at the Ritz and were fortunate enough to be able to stay on club level. It was amazing and all of the staff attended to any request we had. The breakfast, lunch, and dinners items in the club lounge were delicious and fresh. My wife was celebrating her birthday and they sent chocolate covered strawberries and champagne to our room as a gift. This hotel is well worth it and I would recommend it for you next visit to New Orleans.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor in club level, which is the top of the hotel, so there wasn't any noise issues.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
JOliver-GM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear BirminghamBigJim,

I enjoyed reading your review and I am pleased to know we were able to provide a memorable experience for your wife’s birthday and Mardi Gras celebrations. Thank you for your comments regarding our club lounge food and service. I will share them with our Club Concierge and Culinary teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,