“Just a great hotel in a beautiful location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans

The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
Ranked #20 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
south florida
“Just a great hotel in a beautiful location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Old world charm with all of the amenities! One of the best lounges with Jazz master, Jeremy Davenport. The rooms are clean and comfortable with all of the Ritz amenities. Common areas are wonderful but what stands out here is the staff. They will go the extra mile to make sure your stay is a comfortable one. Located 1 block from Bourbon St. this location is hard to beat. Rates are affordable and we just love staying at this property!

Room Tip: Try to get the club level....it's worth the extra money!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked a suite for one night on 7/19/14 by calling the hotel directly. The cost was $599 plus all the parking fees. When we booked I was very specific that I wanted a 2 queen bed room with a sleeper couch. I let the hotel know this was a joint bachelor/bachelorette event for us in NOLA and this set up accomadated the people we had coming. When we checked in the hotel didn't have a room for us but said they would "comp" us a second king room. I let him know that's not what we wanted but he told me that was all they could do.

Our trip ended up having to accomadate the hotel instead of having a fun weekend. I probably won't be back and will go stay at another of the many nice hotels in the quarter when we return to NOLA

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank JohnHarr318
JOliver-GM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Mr. JohnHarr318,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor Community regarding your recent experience at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans. I have reviewed your comments posted and I am personally following up with the departments responsible. Please forgive us for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I do hope the Bachelor/Bachelorette Party weekend was still a memorable one and we can welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans soon!

Best Regards,
Jim Oliver
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Staff: Every staff person was friendly and genuine. No way to improve the staff here.

Pros:
- staff, clean, bright, courtyard, cocktails, service, quiet
Cons:
- live band from 5:30 on in the bar some nights (loud), broken up layout, weight room a bit small

Go back? Yes, I would.

Right on Canal St. which is sort of like the Vegas strip of NOLA as far as I can tell.

Room Tip: Rooms that face Canal are probably noisy, but I am only guessing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is one go the top hotels I have stayed in. I had a room on the club level and they really take care of you! Free everything! This was my first time staying on a club level of a hotel. I was in town on business with several others. The location is fantastic. It was pretty safe outside at night around the hotel. This was my second time to stay in the city. I really don't care to much for New Orleans, but I had a great time staying in a nice place. When I come back I will try to stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am a native New Orleanian and recently stayed at the Ritz-Carlton for a bachelorette party I hosted for a college friend. We had a block of three rooms. I have stayed at the Ritz about 4-5 other times since it opened, and it is always a delight. This time, however, required a special review on Trip Advisor because it was so wonderful.

As always, the service is truly impeccable. They ALWAYS go the extra mile, including small, but meaningful, touches such as the bar staff brining us beers as we were gathered getting ready to head out for dinner or the spa staff bringing over chocolate covered strawberries for our spa bachelorette gathering.

Aside from all of the obvious things - plush bedding, the smell of perfect flowers in the lobby, and beautiful bathrooms - the constant replenishing of complimentary bottles of water in the rooms and the frequent "hellos" and "how is your stay going" from ALL staff that you may pass is what sets this hotel above pretty much all the rest in New Orleans.

I personally don't love the location - it is on the very seedy/quieter end of Canal Street - but believe that it is worth the trade off for a calm, high end respite from the howling masses of Bourbon Street and the heat of summer in New Orleans. In addition to the Windsor Court and the Roosevelt, the Ritz is the best option - hands down - in downtown New Orleans.

Random Con - There is no outdoor pool at the Ritz, and guests only have access to the Marriott's pool, which is very so-so.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nolanative
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I stayed July 11th - 13th

I will start with the one and only issue.. The elevators to the rooms are quite slow. If you are in a hurry and there are lot of people, epp! You might get upset. I heard several people complain about this and one lady told me directly she had been waiting 10 min. My husband and I were never in any hurry so it was fine. It was only "bad" when there was a slight rush.

Moving past that, this hotel was very nice. I really liked the reception area and bar. The out door court yard was beautiful.

One of the most enjoyable aspects was the bar and Byron the bar tender. Byron really made our stay even better. He makes fantastic drinks and is very knowledgeable about the liquors. You can tell he loves what he does and makes every effort to ensure the guest are happy.

The staff in general was great and friendly.

Breakfast was very good and the omelets from the omelet station were cooked perfectly.

There is a band that plays on the weekends until 1am. The restaurant is also open until 1am and is perfect for a late night snack. The band plays "Big Band" era music.

The bar, lounge, and restaurant have an open plan layout so you can still see and hear the band playing in the bar/lounge area, which I really liked.

I love that the hotel is very close to all the action while not being on top of it (Bourbon Street).

I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the courtyard are quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I think this hotel is just a bit shy of perfection as it does not have a pool on-site. There is a wave/lap pool located in the Spa area - however, nothing outdoors. You can use the facilities at the Mariott just down the street - just need to present your card key to the Marriott hotel staff, which could seem a little awkward.

Other than that, the hotel was great - close enough to Bourbon street to be able to stumble in at 3 am, yet far enough to not get caught up in the noise and chaos of the night life extremists.

I'd recommend coming here if you don't care much about the pool factor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business