Nine-O-Five Royal Hotel
US$297
US$279
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$197
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$197
  • Breakfast included
US$284
US$259
US$432
US$400
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$271
US$263
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$359
US$346
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$263
  • Breakfast included
US$390
US$348
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsfront porchroyal streetyour doorstepsmall hotelbourbon stfresh towelsjackson squarefrench quarterdefinitely stay here againlocation was perfectmardi graskitchenetteclosetblockriverwalkgarage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2013

After reading the previous reviews and hearing about the horror stories about this place, I booked a room anyway. What a GREAT decision! This place is ALL NOLA. It's furnishings are old-school Victorian(which I'm quite fond of), which give the room a certain flavor that you can't find at the Marriott or the Hilton. If it's the Hilton you want, go to Canal St, and get a room there. This place is more bed and breakfast, without the breakfast! I came fully prepared with suction hooks and hangers to hang my shirts up, because I didn't know what to expect. Imagine my surprise when I entered the room and saw a full-size dresser, AND a small closet with a rod to hang things from. The room even had an iron, and a small ironing board! The bathroom and shower are quite small as I had to turn sideways to use the toilet(make sure when booking to let them know if you are overweight), but it was only myself in the room. Two people would NOT be able to use it at the same time. Water pressure and temps were perfect! A bunch of reviews above complain about the maids. Obviously the owners fixed the maid "problem". I didn't even SEE the maid until my third day, and that was only after I ran into the owner, the afternoon of the second day, where I confirmed that the maid would come by at 10 AM. I heard the maids knocking on the morning of the second day, but when I said I was awake and had to put a t-shirt on, they said they would come back but never did. I hadn't used up too many of the towels(hand, face, and full body towels are provided), to even warrant the maid, but I let it go. The maid cleaned up, mopped, placed new towels and it only took her 20 minutes. I had a room on the back of the building, so noise was at a minimum. The only thing I actually heard was the train whistle as it passed Jackson Square, as well as some goofballs across the street who were yelling at passers-by, as well as the ghost tour groups.
All in all, I will DEFINITELY be staying here when I visit NOLA again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side are smaller(good for 2 people at most), but MUCH quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Kurt C
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We placed our reservation with the owner. (no refunds)
When we got our confirmation by e-mail, there was an extra amount
of money that was not quoted to us when we placed the reservation.
We called to ask what the amount was for and the person answering gave the call to the owner.
She answered the phone ranting. She was very belligerent and insulted us by calling us trouble.
We asked to cancel our reservation, feeling this was an uncomfortable situation. She stated she would not give us our money back.
As for our stay on the positive side, the place was quaint with a small cute court yard along with a nice porch to sit on in front. (There are many hotels that have this type of setting.)
As for the negative side (besides the treatment we got at the onset.) The price of the nights stay did not match the ammenities.
Of course the room is part of an old home, however it could have been maintained somewhat better, in comparison to the amount of money charged.
The room did not provide extra towels. It did not provide plastic sealed cups for drinking. (The room had a few regular dishes.We did not feel comfortable on how these dishes may or may not have been cleaned.)
The bed although comfortble had a terrible squeak and you did not want to move in fear of waking up your partner.
The bathroom had no place to set anything down. As well the outlet did not work, so you had to be in the kitchenette or by the bed to use what you needed. The shower dripped all night so we had to keep the door closed.
We had a room in the back which was good for blocking some of the street noice.
However overhead there were several large air conditioners that made a lot of rumbing noice and woke us up when they started up.
There was a door to the walk way to the side rooms that had a dead blot on it which was good.
However your room is exposed to at least 3 other rooms. The room had a push button lock that you would find in your home for a bedroom or a bath. (This type of lock can be easily accessed with a credit card.)
The owner and workers lived in the house next door with the shutters locked over the entrances.
There is no access to the management if you need anything.
When they clean your room and if you have anything set out they seem to have the need to touch your things and move them for no apparent reason. ( It did not interfere with any cleaning.) So we had to actually pack our bags every morning before heading out for the day so that they would touch anything. With all of the above, it did not make for the best of stay and did not match the amount charged for the rooms.
Traveler beware there are no refunds, there is not the ammenities that come standard in hotels
and hopefully if you choose to stay here, you will be spoken to with repect and treated with hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank 905Traveler50587
905RoyalHotel, Manager at Nine-O-Five Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2015

When you book a reservation everything is written out for you to understand . No Refund . very easy to understand . you r writing a review because u didnt get a refund, and you dont have anything else to say .many guest love this room and have booked this room many times.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

A stay 905 Royal, apart from having a great view and nice room, isn't a pleasant one. The rooms include a balcony view and privacy; unless the maids are cleaning that is. Upon arriving back to our room during our stay, our belongings were shuffled around and there were items missing. Remotes to the hotel's TVs, two of them, were no where in the room. The blonde woman that oversees the hotel had confronted us about them and blamed us for their loss. We were charged $25 dollars after our stay for something we did not do. Aside from being wrongfully accused, the walls in the room were terribly damaged and the hot water in the sinks did not work. Overall, our stay was bittersweet.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Ceriece-Elizabe... S
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Cute room with a small creaky double bed and nice private patio - Nice, clean and nicely decorated in antique furnishings. Was informed their would be parking available but it is 5 blocks away so do check in first. Nice fellow was there to greet me and helped with my luggage. Showed me how to get through the iron gate, but warned me to be careful not to trip. Showed me how to relock the wooden gate and warned me to ensure relocking it which made me a little wary. hmmm., and described how to find the parking.
Did you know that they are having the Super Bowl in New Orleans -- Be warned that ALL the streets are torn up . After my lovely two night stay it took me over an hour of driving through one way street to get back close enough to the hotel as most of the roads were blocked for paving and no assistance was offered to help get my luggage to the car from the blonde landlady/owner other than you can put it inside until you get back with the car?? A fellow guest actually helped carry my luggage over tarry Royal Street to my rental car....Thank-You again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter and the patio is lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Clairsinnladner
Reviewed 22 October 2012

First the good : location/balcony is great and the rooms are quaint. However, if you hope to have any type of privacy or room accessibilty on your terms - not good. Our first morning we went out for breakfast and needed to use the room and were denied access by the maid. She said she needed to clean the room and would not leave when we said we don't need anything cleaned just please leave towels and something to clear up shower drain. She refused to leave, had a mop out cleaning the bathroom and made us wait out in courtyard almost 2 hours before "letting us in". We didn't want to be disagreeable so we didn't say anything to management. Two days later I was horribly sick with migraine and came back to room to get medicine and a quick nap. The maid knocked, and I said through the door that I was sleeping and don't need maid service...she knocked again and I repeated the situation very nicely. Next thing I know there is an argument outside the door and keys are in my door and a woman is shouting INSIDE MY ROOM "she needs to clean up in here"! A blonde woman is glaring at me demanding to let the maid clean the room. I was so ill, confused, outraged yet kept my composure by telling her that I was sick and needed to stay in the room and do not want maid service. This woman belligerently asked "when is she supposed to clean this room? She needs to get in this room!" I was flabbergasted by her rudeness and outright invasion of privacy. If I wasn't about to be sick from the migraine I know I would have been shouting back but told her that the maid could "clean the room" the next day once we leave. By the way, we are decent, clean laid back 40 year olds, so the room was pretty much spotless! When we came back the next day after the maid "cleaned", the shower drain still was backed up since day one and all of my toiletries were in our friend's dop kit as well as personal items that were taken out of bags and put in other bags...really can't stress enough how strange and irrational the staff were - what the heck did they want to clean that took 2 hours in a teeny tiny room? Did not feel welcome at all....

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends