“Felt like staying with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Storyville

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hotel Storyville
Ranked #27 of 137 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“Felt like staying with family”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

The first time I visited NOLA, I stayed in a new hotel. I decided this time I wanted an authentic stay. Hotel Storyville is one of the original houses of Storyville, which I found amazing. We had the downstairs suite which was perfect. The full kitchen had a knife block, blender, measuring cups, dishes, etc. My favorite part was the beautifully landscaped backyard. So nice to sit out around the fish pond in the breeze after a night of partying. My second favorite was the wonderful gift bag I received. I won't ruin the suprise but it was by far the nicest I've ever received anywhere. Barbara, the innkeeper, is happy to give you coupons and tell you the best places to eat. I enjoyed reading the books about NOLA left in the hall for guests too. You can literally just pack your bags and find everything you need here. It doesn't hurt that it also has secure off-street parking, which is rare. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you have more than two people, I recommend the downstairs suite. It has two seperate bedrooms, a...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Can not wait to return! Our 4 night stay there went by way too fast. Charming space, beautiful garden, relaxing balcony, secure parking, and all within walking distance to Frenchmen st and the quarter. You can tell Barbara works hard to maintain the Inn and all of her hard work pays off! I can not quit singing about this place to all of my friends and family. I miss that balcony already and it's only been a week. We had planned our trip last minute and were expecting the efficentcy suite but lo and behold someone must have cancelled or something because we recieved a room with a queen(?) bed and full kitchen! Also, Barbara went out of her way to hook us up with coupons for food and coffee at places a block away from the hotel. She also gave us a voucher for a free tour through frommer's best of tours. We went with the scandalous cocktail tour and had such a lovely time. We will be returning in 2013 for sure. Thank you Barbara for everything you do!

Room Tip: every room is probably amazing.
1 Thank katherinelawson
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We had such a wonderful 2 nights at this cute and cozy hotel. The location was prime and just a few minutes walk to the French Quarter. Everything was very clean and comfortable. Barbara was the sweetest!! Always available when you needed her. We had our room upgraded to a massive room which was awesome! She left us little welcome bags with all sorts of goodies in them including some coupons to some local restaurants and bars. I would definitely go back and stay with Barbara again! We had such a great time!!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Barbara does a great job at a beautiful hotel in a perfect location. I cannot say enough good things about her or the hotel. The location is great, just blocks from the French Quarter, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the gardens in the back are extraordinary! We went with another couple and a single friend to celebrate a birthday and Barbara did not let us down at any point during our stay. Beatifully decorated rooms, we had 3 of them over the weekend, with nicely stocked kitchens and wonderful living areas. We will be coming back!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This is a lovely boutique hotel in heart of New Orleans just two blocks from the corner of the French Quarter. The rooms are clean, quiet, and nicely appointed. We sat on the balcony out front every morning and enjoyed watching the locals walk by. The courtyard in the back is nice. There is ample parking. Barbara is wonderfully accommodating and friendly. If you have any problems, she will make sure they are remedied. You won't get this kind of personal service in a chain hotel. The walk to Bourbon Street may be a little long for some. We walked to it and took a $6 taxi ride back most nights. The bus stop out front is convenient for getting to Canal Street. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

I will just say this about New Orleans if you've never been. Once you get off the main streets back into the neighborhoods, they do look rundown--scary even. Don't let that deter you. That's part of the city's charm. Nearly every local we met was friendly and helpful.

Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My husband and I wanted a getaway weekend. Barbara was very friendly and gave us a map and suggestions on things and places to go. Barbara also gave us an upgrade to a much larger room. The acommodations were spotless spacious and the kitchen was great. We had Nora the certified chef cook with my husband and had a scrumptious dinner!!! LOVED IT!!! Thank you Nora. The location was perfect! A nice walk to the French Quarter. I was very glad there was private parking and a nice grounds. We will be back.

Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I highly recommend Hotel Storyville The room was clean and pleasant, the location was PERFECT, and Barbara had great recommendations for restaurants (Coops was yummy). I've stayed at other places in the area which had poor water pressure and was happy to find the pressure and showers good at Storyville. The back yard was a fun place to hang out and relax plus drinks on the front porch overlooking the street below and people watching was fun after dark.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple