“Best place to stay in new orleans!”
Review of Hotel Storyville

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hotel Storyville
Ranked #27 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Me and my girlfriend visited New Orleans for our first time and lucked into Hotel Storyville. Let me start by saying we had the BEST time ever! It is in a short walking distance to the French Quarter. And right down the road is an amazing resturant called "Port Of Call". The room was clean and had a full kitchen! There is also a cool balcony to hang out on and people watch. The owner was very nice and helpful with everything. We couldn't imagine staying anywhere else! This place beats staying at any old hotel. The place has so much charm. We are planing another trip next month. And we will def stay at Hotel Storyville!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 February 2010

great hostess. beats the hell out of staying in a chain hotel. clean, quiet rooms and if you need to get out you can walk to the french quarters in minutes. Look forward to heading back.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2010

This Spring three of my buddies along with myself took a trip to New Orleans for JazzFest. The trip was EPIC and will be talked about for years to come. It wasn't just the festival or the music or the food or the people...one of the best parts about our trip was where we stayed. Hotel Storyville was walking distance to JazzFest and just a few blocks from Bourbon Street. The best of both worlds without having to rent a car or take taxis. The other big money saver for us was that our room had a full kitchen stocked with all the necessary cookware. For the week that we stayed there it felt like we were at home. THe rooms are clean, the staff was nice and the upstairs balcony overlooking the street is something you can't miss.

For the real local flavor you have to try Buffa's...its the local dive bar. Down the street from the hotel is a national hamburger landmark..."Port of Call", best burger in town. For a slightly more sophisticated crowd than Bourbon...try Frenchman street.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TLHeredia
Reviewed 12 October 2009

The hotel was everything I could have asked for and more. It felt like home during my stay. Being so close to the French Quarter made everything so much easier and enjoyable. The owner was very welcoming and helpful. She knew where to go and what to do to have a BLAST in New Orleans! The only bad part was that we had to leave!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank bradshaw171
Reviewed 16 June 2009

In spite of the reviews I read, a friend hooked me up with Hotel Storyville, and I found a wonderful "sleeper" of an Inn. New owner, many improvements, (some going on while we were there) and a great location! We hope to get back next year for Jazz Fest and we want to look into possible ownership with the time share program. I will say I am afraid the rates/prices will have to go up (like everything) because people are going to find this "wonderfully small, hidden treasure" in N.O.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 2boxers09
Reviewed 19 November 2008

Booked this Hotel through timeshare trading. Went to New Orleans with another couple and we wanted a Condo type situation with 2 bedrooms and a kitchenette.
First let me say that this place has no business being on a timeshare directory it is old and run down. This traditional New Orleans style house, in it's heyday, must have been magnificent, but now this place, while relatively clean, is neglected and has absolutely no amenites. There is no staff on premises. When you check in the keys are on the desk with a post it note that has the unit number on it and you are on your own for the week. This place has a laundry room with a beat up washer that doesn't always work properly. I saw no evidence of bugs, although there are ultrasonic pest repellers in every room...not a good sign.
If you are just looking for a place to crash for a few days and don't care about frills or amenities, I guess it's OK, but it really wasn't what we wanted. As far as location, It is walking distance to the French Quarter and the neighborhood is nice and safe. We freely walked to and from the quarter at all hours without problems.
Parking is on the street and not always easy to find a spot.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank Wayne513
Reviewed 2 April 2008

Let me start by saying that a friend had a timeshare and we decided to use it in New Orleans since Hotel Storyville was available. It was listed on the RCI Resorts and there was one review that was not flattering...I decided to go on the positive side and hope for the best. Unfortunately.....that negative review wasn't too far off. Because of that, I will start with the pros first before digging into the cons.

Pros:
* Decent location. It was about a 10 minute walk to French Quarter but not a walk to do by yourself late at night. A cab ride was $10 and well worth it.

*It was an old building with lots of character and with a little work could be the cutest little place!

* The shower had good water pressure.

* The room itself was a nice size with a small kitchen, living room area, dining room and a bedroom with full size bed and full bath.

* Check in/out was easy and the front office offered plenty of brochures and magazines to help us decide on what to do and where to eat.

Cons:

* We never saw the innkeeper. Our flight arrived late and she told us the code to get in the front door. She also left us a welcome note at the front desk with the key. We were there 4 days and saw no one, thankfully we did not need anything.

* This place needs a DEEP cleaning, bad!!!!! I understand that it is an old building but that is no excuse to see mouse droppings in every corner and roaches. Please note that I did not see an actual mouse while we were there but the evidence was there that a mouse had definitely been in our room and kitchen.

* The room's carpet was very old and stains everywhere. It had been a while since it had been vaccuumed, I did not walk around in bare feet.

* There were mouse droppings in the kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, all floors and on top of some furniture....gross! I was able to find a bottle of 409 to disinfect most of the place.

I grew up in the country so I am not scared of a mouse or roaches but to see something like this in a well known timeshare resort but revolting to me. Unacceptable :-( I do not know, since we never saw the innkeepers, if they are older and unable to maintain this property but it has tons of potention just needs some tlc. Stay at your own risk.

Stayed: March 2008