Like a previous reviewer stated, I also travel 100% for work and have been a Diamond Hilton Honors member for quite some time, so I've seen a LOT of Hamptons. This particular Hampton is the coolest and most different than not just the other Hamptons, but than all the Hilton chain properties I've visited.
The hotel is a retrofit of an old cotton factory and you can tell they tried very hard to keep as much original structure as possible. The lobby has high ceilings, exposed brick walls and exposed beams. Off the main registration area, you'll find a very spacious breakfast/seating/TV room, as well as a bar / lounge and the concierge desk. The lobby has two separate exits into the coutyard pool area, which is very quaint and comfortable, with 4 or 5 tables and a few loungers.
We stayed in a jr. suite on the 5th floor above the lobby (there is a different building with rooms as well that looks like a newer structure, so I can't speak to the rooms there). Our room was enormous. We had a corner room that was, in the most descriptive word possible, long. Walked in to a small foyer, with a nearly full kitchen (microwave, stovetop, dishwasher, cofee pot and refrigerator) as well as a breakfast bar with chairs and a cabinet full of table settings and cookware. A living room was off the kitchen, which has a gorgeous 42 or 47" LG flat screen TV, and a large, comfortable sofa and chair. Down the hallway was a large vanity area with actual pull out drawers and under-the-sink storage (awesome for a girl and her beauty gear!), and a separate bathroom for the toilet and shower. Our particular suite was 2 beds, and my only teeny tiny gripe was these are definitely doubles / full size beds, not queens. Since I was traveling with my guy, it was a tight squeeze in a double. Maybe im just spoiled with my king at home and usual choice of a king in my hotel rooms. The bedroom area also had a large work desk, huge, vaulted ceilings and an armoire with another large LG flat screen television.
In terms of getting around, we paid $20/person each way to get to/from MSY on an airport shuttle (look for the people in the yellow shirts at the airport), and they got us to and from MSY in less than 30 minutes. Since we didn't have a car, we did not have to pay the parking fee, so I guess we saved a ton there. We mostly walked into and back from the French Quarter, and it is a bit of a walk, about 15 minutes or so. But the weather was gorgeous while we were there and the walk was comfortable and interesting. On the few occasions we took a cab into the Quarter, we paid about $7.
Overall, I loved this property and would not hesitate to recommend it others. We even extended our stay by a night and were offered a fantastic rate to do so, which saved us from having to pack up and move hotels. If you're still questioning where to stay, pick this place. From a road warrior, it's a good one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn