This stay was part of a cruise package. We were excited to stay here...GREAT ratings and close to the cruise terminal. Check in was methodical and slightly time consuming. The lobby was clean and neat and the concierge was friendly and informative. Upon getting off on our floor our initial response was that the floor was uncomfortably COLD! We entered our room and were pleasantly surprised. HUGE room. LOTS of space and amenities. The room was also cold and we set the thermostat and had no more temperature problems in our room. We put away our things and headed downstairs.
GREAT pool area. Very nice area and comfortable. It would have been great if the bar would have been open. It didn't open until 5pm. We changed clothes and walked down to Mulate's to eat supper which was REALLY good. We returned to the hotel after supper wanted to watch this Saturday nights football games and have a few drinks in the bar. The bar area was cold as ice as was the lobby. So uncomfortable we couldn't stand it so no drinks and headed to our room and the whole hotel was cold. We decided to watch the game in our room and found that the TV was at a right angle to both the bed AND the sitting area. There was a pole exactly in front of both the bed AND sitting area and it would have been a great place to mount the flat screen tv.
The bathroom was well equipped and was clean. There was a pretty good frayed area of the carpeting where the carpet meets the bathroom tile that needed taking care of.
The shuttle took us the short distance to the cruise terminal with no problems. Once arriving back at the terminal after the cruise we called to have the shuttle pick us up and return us to the hotel to pick up our car. After waiting about an hour, we never saw the shuttle so we took a taxi. The desk clerk refunded my money for the taxi and said the shuttle came to the terminal and did't see us. I don't see how we missed it....
Funny...during our cruise we met several others staying here the night before the cruise. Before I could even comment their first statement were how cold all public areas were at this hotel. I just had to wonder how management never noticed it but six separate guests did.
This was by no means an inexpensive stay so I feel the short-comings hurt a little more than they would for a less expensive establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn