I spent three nights with my daughter on this hotel. It has well decorated, very clean and offer a buffet breakfast that will please most of americans: biscuits, juices, bagels, eggs, bacon, cereal, and so on. Nothing gourmet or unique though. The room is the highest point of this hotel: also clean, cozy and confortable. The only problem was they gave us a non-smoking room and the room was smelling... smoke! I complaint but they dodged the ball (see below).No great view either. Solid and reliable free Internet Connection and nice selection on cable TV.
The big problem is the customer service, consistently bad. I took them almost 1 hour and 2 visits to my room in order to fix a clogged toilet (I was late for an appointment). The vallet parking is a joke: painfully slow. In one ocasion, there was four guests waiting for their cars and the guy incharge was slepping inside the locker room (adjacent to the parking lot). Bunch of lazies... The front desk had only one mission: to tell you that you are wrong and/or they cannot do anything to help you. Generally speaking. They are very good on blame on guests though. "The hotel is full, sorry about that". The maids in charge of cleaning and assistance to guests during the breakfast enjoy only: (a) chat among them; (b) give guests attitude and dirty looks 90% of the time; (c) look awfully bored of their job.
The hotel is somewhat well located, being 6-8 blocks away from the historical center and most famous New Orleans attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn