I really love this hotel. I have stayed here twice and my latest stay was great. We stayed in the Warehouse Building, where the rooms are spacious with tall ceilings and high windows. Some rooms are suites with kitchens. Rooms facing the Convention Center are regular sized hotel rooms and nothing special. Make a point to ask for the Warehouse Building. The lobby is beautiful with hard wood floors and huge floor length mirrors. It has track lighting all around the ceiling and sitting areas with lamps so it is well lit. I saw one table with an antique telephone on it. There is a Concierge who was there in the morning until late in the afternoon. The breakfast area is very large (larger than an average Hampton Inn) with plenty of places to sit. They had large tables that would accommodate 5 or 6 people. The breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn fare of cereal, bagels, toast, and waffles with the exception of pre-cooked cheese omelets.
The front desk had lemon ice water available at all times, but no cookies. There was a little shop off the front desk that had snacks for purchase and other things like bandaids and aspirin.
This hotel also had a nice pool area and a bar.
The hotel staff and other reviews on Tripadvisor say it is within walking distance of the French Quarter. It would be a serious trek if you walked straight from the hotel to the French Quarter. It is within walking distance of the Convention Center, the RiverWalk shopping center, Harrah's Casino, and even the Aquarium of the Americas, but it really is not within walking distance to the French Quarter. If you stop at all of the other places first, and then walk to the French Quarter, then yes, it is within walking distance from the hotel. But to say it is within direct walking distance from the hotel is not true. You will be tired and looking for a taxi cab.
The Valet Parking is the only parking option and is $29 but it was very prompt and orderly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn