Room 213, the Emporia Suite. Well worth the price. Huge two room suite with floor to ceiling warehouse windows in the bedroom, overlooking the pool area. French doors between great room and bedroom/bathroom area. Large kitchen/dining/great room. Original brick warehouse walls. Very clean. Really high ceilings. The air conditioning works great for such a large room. Really amazing space for around $300/night after taxes. I would expect to pay a lot more for a suite of this quality.
The breakfast buffet is not world class, but certainly upper class in comparison to other hotels in this class that offer a free breakfast.
The lobby is beautiful - Honors the original architechture of the building.
Awesome staff - Renee is incredible - she is very kind and thoughtful and remembers guests every time she sees them.
Things that need some attention: The caulking between the bathroom tub and tub surround is gone in this suite. Some nasty stuff comes out when this area gets wet. The television in the great room is anchored to the entertainment unit so it can't be pulled forward and focused into the room.
The four poster bed is cool but way too high to climb in comfortably - Even with the steps provided. When lying in the bed, the television cannot be viewed from the side of the bed closest to the wall - the bed post blocks your view. The upholstery on the living room furniture is very worn, and frankly, appears dirty.
If you are coming for an event at the Convention Center, this hotel is right across the street - So convenient!
Free wi-fi for all devices. Go Hampton!
Cannot understand why Hilton propoerties that are less expensive offer free amenities like breakfast, parking (altough no free parking in NOLA) & wifi while more pricey Hilton properties charge for these amenities and more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn