“Confirm and re-confirm your reservations!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Tulsa, United States
“Confirm and re-confirm your reservations!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Be VERY specific about what you want and call back at least two different times to confirm that all of your requests are entered in the system. The staff on site will not be able to fix your reservation if it isn't what you wanted. We were a group of 12 with four rooms and ended up on multiple floors of different buildings instead of being together. We had asked for a roll-away in advance, it was even on the reservation in the computer, and we still had to call the desk twice and didn't get it until after 11:30 pm.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

3 Thank Daniel W
Charlene M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay; however, I am sorry to hear about the disappointing encounter you had confirming your room preferences. I will be sure to investigate the missteps that occurred and will address them with the team. I appreciate you letting us know about your experience and look forward to welcoming you back for the stay you expect and the stay I am confident we can provide!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I attended the IRA International Reading Convention in May and the hotel was half a block from the Convention Center. The rooms were spacious and included a microwave and refrigerator. Breakfast was included and there was a huge buffet of everything from cold to hot foods and a variety. The service was unbelievable. I was expecting an overnight express delivery and the desk signed for it and had it sitting on my luggage the next day. You also need to check out the concierge T C Perry. He knows everything about New Orleans and recommended places we would have never found. He made all our reservations (which included discounts) and advised us on the best modes of transportation. This is not my first visit to New Orleans and I have stayed at other hotels and I couldn't recommend a better hotel than the Hampton.

Room Tip: We had a standard room with a king size bed on the 5th floor and I never had any problems with noise...
2 Thank Marlene W
Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our service, accommodations and location were exactly what you were looking for. We also think that T.C. is top notch! Thanks for dubbing us the best hotel in New Orleans. It’s always refreshing to hear that our efforts don’t go unnoticed. I will share your feedback with the staff at our next gathering and pass along the “kudos.” We look forward to making you feel at home again soon!
jackson ms
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We always stay at Hampton Inns but this is the first time we've ever had trouble with the front desk personnel. We were in room 556 so took the elevators (located by the front desk) to the 5th floor. There was no room #556. So we went back to the lobby and noticed another set of elevators down a hallway. This time we found our room. Still can't believe the front desk personnel did not direct us to that set of elevators. Once in the room I could not access the internet. I called the front desk and they gave me a password. It would not work. So I called again and this time they told me I had to go to a certain website to enter the password. I don't know why they did not give me the website the first time I called. When we got ready to leave, we called the front desk as instructed to give them our valet parking ticket number. They told us to come on down and the car would be waiting. After waiting for 30 minutes, we found a valet parking person who helped us. The front desk staff was worthless. Everything else was great.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we fell short on our front desk customer service. You are indeed correct, that often times it is the small details that make all the difference, no matter how busy we may be. We have recently welcomed a few new members to our Hampton team. I will certainly share your feedback with our team leaders to ensure that they will receive the training that is vital to provide the best experience. We appreciate you choosing Hampton Inn and Suites and look forward to your next visit, where I know we will deliver the experience that you deserve.
De Soto, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room was small but for one night not bad. Decent location very close to the Riverwalk. One of the headboards had a generic sticky note that said the sheets and comforter were clean for our arrival. The second bed in the room didn't have that sticker and there was two nasty marks that weren't stains. I unfortunately noticed the next day. One looked like a wipe of poop and another kind of yellowish. Absolutely disgusting!! The phone system also kept calling us with a dial tone on the other end. An employee came up right away after the calls started even though we didn't complain or ask for help. That was nice. We did enjoy free buffet in the morning, the food was pretty good. They did give us a late check out for free. The parking was valet only and was $30 or $40 so we parked across from the entrance with the meters, it was way cheaper! When we were checking out my niece left my phone on the bed and I didn't realize for 2 hours on the road. I called the hotel and left a message for the housekeeping manager. The next day no response then called again and housekeeping had no record of the phone. We called back again and the manager stated he went to the room and searched high and low but no phone. I called AT&T and they verified my phone had last pinged in New Orleans and was used just after noon and again at 6p that evening. I had to put my account on hold and just today got a new phone set back up it was a terrible hassle.

Room Tip: We did like being higher up in the hotel and down below we could see our car for security.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bmartin3
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites. Rest assured that we have already addressed the items that you brought up with the appropriate departments. Thank you for addressing these items with us, as it is the only way the hotel can grow and improve. I am very sorry to hear that your phone was lost over your stay in New Orleans. The hotel holds its employees to a very high standard of integrity, and we take any loss claim very seriously. I will follow up with our Executive Housekeeper about this matter, and will contact you directly if any further information is obtained by the investigation. Thanks again for staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location. Wonderful complimentary breakfast. Literally steps away from the Convention Center, the WWII museum and the Warehouse district. Or taxi to Bourbon Street for $7.00 Very quiet and clean and safe.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mayberry
Reviewed 28 May 2014

As a frequent traveler, and member of various hotel guests program, I picked this property based on certain criteria including the Hampton reputation and guarantee, and what appeared to be the proximity to the areas I was interested in seeing. I made a wise decision!! Proximity to the convention Center (across the street), riverfront, the French Market, French Quarter, river boats, casinos, countless restaurants and taverns, are all within walking distance or a very short cab ride if walking is not an option. (no waiting for cabs).
The hotel staff members were extremely courteous and most helpful in all aspects, checking in, checked luggage/retrieval, bellstation etc. The included bar, lobby area, breakfast area were clean and comfortable, breakfast (included) was high quality with excellent choices including continental style or hot selections with supplementary pastries, biscuits, muffins, fruit, cereals, juices, coffee, etc. Rooms were clean and spacious, with included amenities which you might expect to be included at higher priced resort locations, all to make your stay more enjoyable, .
If your travel takes you to New Orleans, this hotel is well worth your consideration.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank garry s
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had booked a room in the Wyndam, three blocks from the Hampton Inn, for a convention in New Orleans. Although convenient, the room was less than satisfactory for the price. My husband found the Hampton Inn right across the street from the convention center and booked a room. The entire staff was friendly, accommodating and worked to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. The rooms were clean, reasonably priced, the breakfast is above average and the location is perfect for conventions or a quick walk to the French Quarter.

1 Thank ncbp70