Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$112
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
US$145
US$139
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$107
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$109
Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$182
US$172
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$124
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$243
US$223
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$164
US$157
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

2,091 results
All reviewsconverted warehousefrench quarterfree shuttlecruise terminalgreat hoteldirectly across the streethigh ceilingscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areavalet parkingattending a conferencewwii museumfull kitchenwithin walking distanceking suitefront desk staffwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a block of five rooms for a school event. The event organizers had negotiated a good rate of $109 per night, and for that rate this is an outstanding place to stay. I've checked the same place on various other occasions, and the rate seems to fluctuate a lot. When it is higher there are other alternatives (like the Quality Inn Maison St. Charles or the SpringHill Suites) that may provide better deals.

The hotel is housed in two renovated buildings. The main building features enormous boutique style rooms, while the "tower" has essentially the same type of rooms you'd find in a suburban Hampton Inn. Rooms in both buildings are very nice, but the main building seemed superior. The rooms are well appointed, with excellent amenities. While it's a bit annoying that we had to re-enter an internet password each day, the service itself worked well and was free. The rooms had seen some wear, but they were kept spotless by the housekeeping staff.

Parking is valet only. It's expensive, and it's honestly kind of annoying that the attendants just park your car in an on-site ramp. I'd far prefer that they made that ramp self-park (which is what the nearby SpringHill Suites does), even if they charged the same rate. It just seems silly to tip someone to do something I could easily do myself. While I'm not a fan of valet parking, I must say that we did find the valets at the Hampton both friendly and efficient. Visitors may also want to know that there are several other nearby lots and ramps that offer overnight parking. Particularly on a long-term stay, you might want to check out the alternatives.

The breakfast was outstanding, one of the best I've had at any hotel anywhere. It featured a wide variety of hot and cold items, with both healthy and more traditional choices. The hot options change on a rotating schedule, but all the choices are good. Attendants replaced everything quickly, and things were arranged into different stations to keep the lines moving. There was plenty of seating most of the time.

The lobby was also a pleasant gathering place for our group. We even used the breakfast area to have a group dinner one evening, and the staff had no problem with that.

The hotel offers a concierge service. We didn't personally use it, but I overheard several other people who did. His advice seemed very helpful and well tailored to individual requests. The desk staff was also good at giving simple advice on restaurants and attractions. All the other staff we dealt with were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is fairly well located at the far end of the Central Business District (warehouse district). It is literally adjacent to the Morial Convention Center and very near the cruise terminal. It is also short walk from both the National World War II Museum and Riverwalk Mall. The St. Charles streetcar (which runs frequently and at all hours) can be boarded at Lee Circle near the WWII Museum, and the Riverfront streetcar (which is infrequent and unreliable) has a station on Julia Street by Riverwalk. (The convention center station by the hotel is only served during special events.) You can also fairly easily walk to the French Quarter, which is about a mile. The most pleasant walking route is via Tchoupitoulas Street.

The area around the hotel is reasonably safe during the day and evening, though you will find beggars near the freeway exit ramps nearby. I'd suggest using basic street smarts anywhere in New Orleans, but you're likely to have fewer problems here than in the French Quarter.

We had an issue before and at check-in. A manager had e-mailed me in advance asking for the names of who would be staying in each room. I was happy to give that information to her. Unfortunately, when it was entered, my name was removed from the records for those rooms. That made it almost impossible to cancel a room when we had a student drop (I was on the phone with someone with limited English skills at the Hilton reservation center for nearly an hour), and it made complicated check-in because they didn't have a record of any room in my name (even the one I was staying in had been switched to another occupant's name). Surely there must be other parties who pay for blocks of rooms together; if they need to know the occupants of a room, they should add those rather than replacing the original person who booked the room with someone else. This problem is the main reason I am giving the hotel only "4" on a scale of 5.

Room Tip: The original building has rooms that are larger and have more character than the tower. The main building has low room numbers (like 500 - 520), while the tower rooms have high numbers (like 550 - 570).
2  Thank dmbia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Be VERY specific about what you want and call back at least two different times to confirm that all of your requests are entered in the system. The staff on site will not be able to fix your reservation if it isn't what you wanted. We were a group of 12 with four rooms and ended up on multiple floors of different buildings instead of being together. We had asked for a roll-away in advance, it was even on the reservation in the computer, and we still had to call the desk twice and didn't get it until after 11:30 pm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
3  Thank Daniel W
Charlene M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay; however, I am sorry to hear about the disappointing encounter you had confirming your room preferences. I will be sure to investigate the missteps that occurred and will address them with the team. I appreciate you letting us know about your experience and look forward to welcoming you back for the stay you expect and the stay I am confident we can provide!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I attended the IRA International Reading Convention in May and the hotel was half a block from the Convention Center. The rooms were spacious and included a microwave and refrigerator. Breakfast was included and there was a huge buffet of everything from cold to hot foods and a variety. The service was unbelievable. I was expecting an overnight express delivery and the desk signed for it and had it sitting on my luggage the next day. You also need to check out the concierge T C Perry. He knows everything about New Orleans and recommended places we would have never found. He made all our reservations (which included discounts) and advised us on the best modes of transportation. This is not my first visit to New Orleans and I have stayed at other hotels and I couldn't recommend a better hotel than the Hampton.

Room Tip: We had a standard room with a king size bed on the 5th floor and I never had any problems with noise. The cleaning people always cleaned the room while we were out and they were aware of our schedule and made sure the room would be ready on our return.
2  Thank Marlene W

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our service, accommodations and location were exactly what you were looking for. We also think that T.C. is top notch! Thanks for dubbing us the best hotel in New Orleans. It’s always refreshing to hear that our efforts don’t go unnoticed. I will share your feedback with the staff at our next gathering and pass along the “kudos.” We look forward to making you feel at home again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We always stay at Hampton Inns but this is the first time we've ever had trouble with the front desk personnel. We were in room 556 so took the elevators (located by the front desk) to the 5th floor. There was no room #556. So we went back to the lobby and noticed another set of elevators down a hallway. This time we found our room. Still can't believe the front desk personnel did not direct us to that set of elevators. Once in the room I could not access the internet. I called the front desk and they gave me a password. It would not work. So I called again and this time they told me I had to go to a certain website to enter the password. I don't know why they did not give me the website the first time I called. When we got ready to leave, we called the front desk as instructed to give them our valet parking ticket number. They told us to come on down and the car would be waiting. After waiting for 30 minutes, we found a valet parking person who helped us. The front desk staff was worthless. Everything else was great.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we fell short on our front desk customer service. You are indeed correct, that often times it is the small details that make all the difference, no matter how busy we may be. We have recently welcomed a few new members to our Hampton team. I will certainly share your feedback with our team leaders to ensure that they will receive the training that is vital to provide the best experience. We appreciate you choosing Hampton Inn and Suites and look forward to your next visit, where I know we will deliver the experience that you deserve.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room was small but for one night not bad. Decent location very close to the Riverwalk. One of the headboards had a generic sticky note that said the sheets and comforter were clean for our arrival. The second bed in the room didn't have that sticker and there was two nasty marks that weren't stains. I unfortunately noticed the next day. One looked like a wipe of poop and another kind of yellowish. Absolutely disgusting!! The phone system also kept calling us with a dial tone on the other end. An employee came up right away after the calls started even though we didn't complain or ask for help. That was nice. We did enjoy free buffet in the morning, the food was pretty good. They did give us a late check out for free. The parking was valet only and was $30 or $40 so we parked across from the entrance with the meters, it was way cheaper! When we were checking out my niece left my phone on the bed and I didn't realize for 2 hours on the road. I called the hotel and left a message for the housekeeping manager. The next day no response then called again and housekeeping had no record of the phone. We called back again and the manager stated he went to the room and searched high and low but no phone. I called AT&T and they verified my phone had last pinged in New Orleans and was used just after noon and again at 6p that evening. I had to put my account on hold and just today got a new phone set back up it was a terrible hassle.

Room Tip: We did like being higher up in the hotel and down below we could see our car for security.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bmartin3

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites. Rest assured that we have already addressed the items that you brought up with the appropriate departments. Thank you for addressing these items with us, as it is the only way the hotel can grow and improve. I am very sorry to hear that your phone was lost over your stay in New Orleans. The hotel holds its employees to a very high standard of integrity, and we take any loss claim very seriously. I will follow up with our Executive Housekeeper about this matter, and will contact you directly if any further information is obtained by the investigation. Thanks again for staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites.