“Great hotel and perfect location for convention center”

Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center
Ranked #23 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel and perfect location for convention center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel was directly across the street from the convention center. Everyone was kind and friendly. Perry is a wealth if information! Loved getting the scoop on New Orleans activities. Breakfast was great. Rooms were clean but not cleaned well every day. Carpet in room needed vacuumed daily and that did not happen. Tub was not cleaned daily either.

Room Tip: No bad rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Lucyhockey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Adelaide, SA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was a bit worried when reading some of the reviews but I should have trusted my gut instinct. I'd emailed the hotel before our arrival asking for transfer information and they were spot on. Taxi from NO airport for 4 people is much cheaper than the shuttle so when we arrived at the front of the hotel I knew this was going to be all good....and it was better than that.
From the moment we checked in, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Our room is massive, clean and what's more, has a fridge AND microwave oven. The bar opens at 5 and we were treated to not only a FREE drink but fresh out of the oven cookies were also FREE!
The décor fits the theme we were hoping for and breakfast....well there is definitely something for everyone and MORE!
Such a friendly atmosphere and you really do feel safe and secure here.
An AWESOME place to stay and I thoroughly recommend you stay here in New Orleans

Room Tip: No street noise whatsoever was heard. The block out curtains ensure a darkened room for quality slee...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sharon_Boyle
Lake Charles, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Glad I choose this location it is centrally located walking distance to many main attractions Convention Center, French Quarters, Canal Street, Shopping, Dining, and Casino. Easy access to major Hwys. Many more Dining area located around and in the Oakwood Shopping Mall 10 minutes away across Mississippi River Bridge located in Gretna LA.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

3 Thank Farlesher M
Newtownards, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have just returned from a fabulous holiday and what a way to end same to spend 3 nights at this hotel. The hospitality excelled my expectations by far and I would recommend this hotel as the location is great for everything you are just 5 mins away from the tram into New Orleans and during my whole trip to the USA I would say this hotel was the best. Hope to be back real soon. We were all greated with a fabulous smile by Perry, so keep up the good work Perry.

Room Tip: I was in room 542 and we had an excellent view could not have wished for better. Only thing I would...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Cheyanne2013
Westchester, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel was average, the problem is the smell of the room, which was explained that is a problem throughtout the hotel. Staff was attentive and friendly with the exception of the conciege, who was not helpful to me at all when asked for recommendations for Dinner. I ended up going to an adjacent hotel to ask for dinner resturant suggestion.s

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

3 Thank Melanie B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I decided to take a 1 day trip to New Orleans because I'd never been there... I chose this hotel because the reviews were good, location seemed safe, and I liked the history of it originally being a warehouse. First, it was very easy to find(right off the interstate). But our complaint is that we were not informed of the $33.50 per day of parking in the covered parking deck. If you choose not to park here you have to parallel park on the street and you may be able to find a park 3 blocks down the road. So this was an expense we did not factor in. The location is decent to the "happening" part of New Orleans. We decided to walk to bourbon street and on the map it didn't seem far. Boy were we wrong. 1.5 miles in blistering heat was a challenge. Needless to say we took a taxi the rest of the time (10.00) not that expensive to get where we wanted to go (beware of the taxi drivers taking you"site seeing" on the way to your destination). The staff was very helpful and I like that we could call concierge and they would call a taxi for us. The rooms were very clean and updated. We especially liked the buy one get one free drink vouchers we received upon check in. Be sure to order the traditional new Orleans "hurricane" from bartender Laura she was very nice! Overall, a wonderful first time to New Orleans! Unfortunately, 9 people were shot on Bourbon Street the night we were there and the city itself is pretty dirty so we probably won't be returning. But it's definitely something everyone should see once. Definitely recommend this hotel for a relaxing, away from the commotion place to stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kacey G
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Researched for a few days on the top hotels in New Orleans according to TripAdvisor. This was was rated #11 at the time, and was the highest rated in our budget. Somehow we got this room for $99 a night (from hotels.com). I've gotten much less for a lot more - so that price was a deal to me!
Here's what we liked:
-Yes, parking in New Orleans seems to be an issue, and unfortunately yes the hotel does charge for parking ($33 each day). HOWEVER, their staff was not rude whatsoever about us wanting to find another parking option. We lucked out by finding an open spot on the road the hotel was on the night we arrived, Parking in metered spaces is free from 6pm-8am in New Orleans. We arrived past 6pm so we didn't even have to pay until the next morning. If you are wanting to sight-see and not come back to the hotel every two hours, I HIGHLY recommend doing the paybyphone.com option. Set it up once with a credit or debit card, pay for your spot with the unique street number and by ID'ing your car's plates, and never touch the meter. We were in the middle of the French Quarter when our parking would expire (I was notified via text!) and I quickly repaid on my smart phone, got it done in 30 seconds, and we went back to shopping. There is a 2 hour limit so every two hours you'll have to pay again, but for us it was amazing to just pay the $3.35 for every 2 hours and forget about it. I know this isn't technically part of the hotel, but I would encourage you not to let the parking price deter you from this awesome place.
-You can easily walk to the streetcar stop at Julia St. and be in the French Quarter (buy the $3 day pass so you can ride as much as you want), yet our hotel was always quiet because it was away from the hustle and bustle
-Staff was extremely helpful. Bellmen remembered us and asked us about our day when we arrived back each night.
-Free breakfast was AWESOME. Have something different each day. Since we'd have to move our car and drive for a while to find any breakfast close, it was perfect knowing we could just go downstairs. Was never crowded, was constantly being restocked by very attentive staff.
-Was a little worried about how small the pool looked in photos, and while it isn't the biggest pool I've ever been in, it never ended up being a problem.
-Taking the advice from other reviewers, we asked for a room in the older part of the hotel so we could have the warehouse feel. Did not disappoint. Great view of the park, high ceiling, old windows, brick wall on one side. It was a unique room unlike most from a chain hotel.

If you want to stay in the middle of everything, this hotel isn't for you. However, if you are coming for a leisurely visit to New Orleans, don't want to spend an arm and a leg and yet still want to feel like you're staying in luxury accommodations, stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for older part or warehouse part of the hotel. Ask for a park view on a higher floor. Also do no...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family