Courtyard by Marriott New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
J W Marriott(New Orleans)
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationcanal streetfrench quarterwithin walking distancest charlesinterior roomwould stay here againmardi grasfront desk staffvalet parkingtrolley stopstreetcar linefew blocksjackson squarean easy walkrooms are smallper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here while on a stop over on our way to Alabama. This hotel is very conviently located to all the attraction in the French Quarter, everything is an easy walk from this hotel. The rooms are very nice and the hotel in general is very updated and nice. I would reccomend valet parking if you happen to have a car. I would reccomend this hotel and am definately planning to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bullet113
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed here easter weekend and had a great time. I do like the location of the property, as it is close to canal street and the French Quarter. Since the property is on St Charles I stongly suggest that you take the street car and tour St. Charles Ave. It's Lovely! However, for the price, I do not feel that this property will give you the bang for your buck. Thank God I was able to stay for 2 free nites due to a Marriott promotion; it appears that guests had to pay upwards to over $200 a nite! Ouch! The room was quite small but was clean and well appointed. The lobby area has the updated Courtyard vibe and I sat there and watched a Bulls game one afternoon, and met some nice guests. I never ate there, and wouldn't since there are so many better places to eat. Would I stay her again...Yes, but only if I get a promotional rate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank DSTDiva
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed here for one night on a recent business trip. The hotel was convenient to everything you'd want to do in New Orleans. It was quiet at night and the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel appeared at all times to be clean and tidy. The bathroom had nice walk-in showers with new, updated tile. Overall a very modern hotel. A previous poster here mentioned bed bugs. I admit I did notice a three bug bites after I had departed, but I am not certain they came from bed bugs (not that I doubt the previous poster). I did an awful lot of walking around the city over the course of time I was there, so they could have come from anything as far as I know. New Orleans is pretty buggy this time of year.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor with a balcony on St. Charles.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My Girlfriend, her friend and myself all stayed at this Courtyard earlier this year. All three of us slept in the room this evening. When we woke up all of us noticed small bite marks on different parts of our body. After getting a shower and getting into the car I slowly realized just how many bites I had on the drive back home. I was covered in bug bites. The bites were large and swollen on me and little concentrated red ones on my girlfriend. I checked my body when I got home and found 35+ bites on my scalp, eyelid, forehead, arms, legs, back, chest, and so on. Due to the severity of the bites and my swollen eye I went to the doctor who confirmed that these were bites and most likely bed bug bites due to the pattern of the bites and the location where I got them. I brought this to the manager’s attention at the hotel that proceeded to get the room checked for evidence; he called to tell me that they checked the room and did not find any trace of bedbugs. The manager I spoke with kept blaming it on bugs outside in the streets. I explained that we were no where else to get the bites and that when we entered the room no one had any bites and 8 hours later when we woke up all three of us had the same bites. I further explained that they could be fleas or something but something in the room bit all of us in an extreme manner. The manager was no help and was accusatory. I eventually got put in touch with a claims department who’s customer service was even worse than the manager at the hotel. I explained that I am a platinum member and have never filed a claim or made a formal complaint before and I stay in Marriott hotels over 200+ nights a year for 4 years now. I was still treated like a liar. No manager would ever show me proof that the room was checked and cleared of bed bugs. I forwarded the claims department photos of both my bites and my girlfriend’s bites along with a doctors bill and prescription bills for the visit after the hotel stay. I was refused any payment for my belongings that I discarded before getting back to my home. In the end Marriott treated me horrible. The management staff refused to pay for the bag that I had to throw out and the change of clothes that we threw out. I wanted my experience to be heard so that future customers can no what to expect from Marriott regarding their handling of a situation such as this. Keep in mind that I am a high level Platinum Elite member and this is how I was treated. Imagine if how they would treat someone with no status at this company.

Room Tip: Check the mattresses for signs of bugs
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank wyn123678
Athena J, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

"Thank you for your review. I am the Assistant General Manager at the Courtyard. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience and Marriott takes hotel hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. As a result, Marriott has established very strict standards of cleanliness for all hotels that either meet or exceed public health department regulations, including pest control. On a regular basis we have a licensed laboratory check our hotels for pest control, cleaning, sanitizing and food safety handling to insure the highest levels of cleanliness in our hotels. The latest assessment performed by this third party clears the hotel of pests. I can make it available to you in this special situation.

We strive to have every guest leave with a positive impression of our city and hotel. I apologize that your stay and subsequent treatment did not meet your expectations and I would be happy to speak further with you about the issue. Please provide contact information privately or contact me directly at 504-581-9005 ext 4109.”

Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband and I visited New Orleans for our anniversary. The hotel was near the French quarter and walking distance to other attractions. The hotel was clean and the staff were helpful. We were near canal street that consisted of shopping, eating, and the streetcar. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012