“Excellent Location for any stay in New Orleans”

Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
Ranked #73 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Corona, California
“Excellent Location for any stay in New Orleans”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Continuing on our trip from Georgia to California, we stopped in New Orleans for two nights. This is a perfect hotel, because of the location. You are near Bourbon Street and the French Quarter. All, in within nice walking distance. They have really cleaned up this city and the area around this hotel and the streets all felt safe to walk around, even at night. Be sure to get a city map from the front bell desk. It is close to lots of restaurants, and walking distance to the waterfront. We never needed a car, or any other kind of transportation. It is a really great hotel to stay at while visiting New Orleans as it allow you very comfortable access to Bourbon Street and the French Quarter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary Jean P
CY-Downtown New... F, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We strive on a daily basis to be sure that every guest has a positive memorable experience. We encourage you to come back and stay with us any time that you are in New Orleans. We will continue to meet/exceed your expectations as this is our satisifaction at the end of the day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Belton, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here while she was at a conference in New Orleans. This hotel is mainly set up for business travelers, but has great rooms and is a great value compared to other hotels in the area. We had a balcony room on St. Charles street which made make for great evenings on the balcony. This would be a wonderful hotel during Mardi Gras. The French Quarter is great, but we needed to be able to rest. This hotel is One Block from the quarter with Easy access to Canal Street and the St Charles Trolly stops right in front of the hotel going to the Garden District. Location is not the only thing that is great. I have been impressed across the board with Marriott Staff in all their locations. If I didn't know any better I would have thought I was the only guest at the Hotel. The staff is fantastic!!! Also don't forget to go to Mother's while your in New Orleans. They are considered the Tun Tavern of the South for interested Marines.

Room Tip: Ask for a Balcony room if they are available. Worth the cost if no upgrade
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Buzzard92
CY-Downtown New... F, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Greetings

Thank you for choosing Courtyard Downtown Near the French Quarter, We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon on your next trip to the Big Easy!
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here with some friends when we traveled to NOLA in November 2013. The hotel is located on the outskirts of the French Quarter, close enough to be in the heart of the Quarter within a 5-10 minute walk but far enough away to be out of the chaos and noise of the Quarter. The hotel's main lobby is clean and updated and what you expect of Marriotts these days (I mean that as a compliment). They offer a nice continental breakfast and the staff there is very friendly. Although the hotel is near the FQ, several times we had a lot of difficulty getting a cab to go to dinner. There was another Marriott around the corner that seemed to be the big draw for cabs as opposed to our hotel. The rooms were adequate, but a little dated especially the bathroom and were dark. The hotel may have previously been a different chain in a previous life. The "windows" opened up to an interior courtyard and other interior rooms so there was no natural light. Overall, my feeling with the hotel was okay but not great especially for the price. I would opt to stay somewhere a little more updated or a boutique hotel next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank move4mac
CY-Downtown New... F, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott during your most recent stay in New Orleans. We do apologize for the inconvenience you received in regards to cab availability and lack of lighting in your room as they did not fit your needs.

We appreciate you taking the time to give feedback as it is critical to our success.

Thank you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Sheila at the Bistro made my experience there wonderful. She recommended a few places for me to explore while in the city & told me about upcoming events that I should & will come back to visit for. The price for my room was accommodating as well as the staff. Overall I would say I had a pleasant stay & look forward to coming back.

• Stayed May 2014
Greetings,

We hope to see you again soon.
Calgary, AB
Reviewed 13 May 2014

It was our first visit to New Orleans so we picked this hotel because it was close to Bourbon St. and the French Quarter. We were very happy with our choice. The room was large and very well kept. The breakfasts were great, the staff was friendly and very helpful. And it was walking distance to all the wonderful things New Orleans has to offer. It was right on the trolley line so we got out to further reaches of the city than if we'd had to cab it. We would definitely return there and recommend it to our family and friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ready2retire2
CY-Downtown New... F, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Greetings!

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Downtown Near the French Quarter during your most recent trip to New Orleans.

We are delighted that you had a great experience and hope to see you again soon in the Big Easy!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I love New Orleans and have visited several times. This was our first time to stay at the downtown Courtyard near the French Quarter. Actually, it is mere steps away from the French Quarter - as in just across Canal Street. It is an ideal location, just a block from Bourbon Street and easy walking to all of the great French Quarter restaurants, bars, shops, sights and sounds. And then you can stroll back to your large, quiet, comfortable room after exhausting yourself all of the fun! The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and always helpful. The trolley stop is right across the street from the hotel entrance, and we rode it to the original Camellia Grill (where we always have to have at least one breakfast while in N.O.). I also used the fitness center daily.....had everything you need to work off those calories so you can keep on eating and drinking! You cannot go wrong choosing this hotel if you're interested in playing in the French Quarter for a few days!

Room Tip: I don't know about any of the other rooms, but the rooms on the 4th floor were fantastic for us...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank teesguy
Greetings! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit to New Orleans!!
We hope to see you again soon in the Big Easy!
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I am a Marriott Rewards member and I found this hotel to be a disappointment in all areas and would not return. Location is good, Front doorman is not a good representation of Marriott hospitality. The lobby is more like a botique hotel, they have a cafe that is open at weird hours and not when you want it to be, no coffee after 10 am, really! Luckily there is coffee across the street and the food will be cheaper also. The front desk girl Fiona I have to say was great, almost made up for the doorman with his hand out. The rooms were small and I thought i was in a Fairfield Inn, no bath tub and the walls are "very" thin also, the maid service was done daily. The rates were not good and I should have shopped better, so all in all I would look elsewhere, I am a stock holder also and spent 20 plus years with this company, and it did not meet my expectations at all.

Room Tip: no tips here, I asked for an upgrade ad did not get it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris5038
CY-Downtown New... F, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott during your most recent stay in New Orleans. We do apologize for the inconvenience you received in regards to your arrival and in the hours of operations for the Bistro as they did not fit your needs.

We hope to see you again soon during your next trip the Big Easy.

Thank you again!