“Decent Hotel at a Decent Price”

Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
Ranked #78 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Marlton, New Jersey
“Decent Hotel at a Decent Price”
Reviewed 6 January 2009

I stayed at this hotel last week. It was one of the few hotels in New Orleans with a hot tub. I went in the hot tub 3 times while I was there, so I really enjoyed it. It had an atrium with a skylight. The check in was adequate, but not speedy The price was good. It was close to the French Quarter and also to Riverwalk Marketplace and Harrahs, but I felt safer in the French Quarter. The bathroom area was nice with a separate sink area, but the showerhead was a bit low. The bed did not have a bed spread...just a little 1/3 of a quilt that covered the bottom of the bed. They did offer express check out. There was Internet access in the lobby.

Stayed December 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2008

I booked this hotel at the last minute using Marriott rewards points. The only room available online using points was a room with 2 double beds. I called the 800 number and asked them to make a note for an upgrade to a king room with balcony if available. Upon check-in, I was given the king room. Check-in was smooth and friendly.

The room was smaller than most Courtyard rooms, but this is to be expected in the city. The room was clean and confortable. There was also a small refrigerator in the room. Internet is free, but it is not wireless.

The bathroom was quite small and somewhat worn, but was adequate for a short stay.

Breakfast was ok, with cooked to order eggs and a bar with hot and cold items. It was included with my room rate. I would not have paid the inflated price for it, as there are many good places to eat nearby.

The best feature of this hotel is it's location! Just a short block from the French Quarter. I easily walked the entire French Quarter from the hotel. It is also on the St. Charles Streetcar line.

It is in a safe area. I traveled alone and did not feel unconfortable walking back to the hotel alone at night.

I would definately stay here again when in New Orleans!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Small bathrooms
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank jbird1277
Westminster, CO
Reviewed 11 November 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel with my friends on a visit to Nawlins and the French Quarter.
Perfect location. Easy walk to the French Quarter and the goodness that is Bourbon Street. All my buddies were telling me how "sweet" the location is, and for the price, this was great. We all had a blast in Nawlins, and a big part of that was the location of this hotel.
Also, friendly check in folks, and folks at the bar too. Easy to connect to internet. Easy to access business center. I guess the only complaint I can register is that it would have been nice if they put our rooms closer to each other. The rooms were all on the same reservation, but were scattered throughout the hotel. Minor complaint, in the end.
Highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Nawlins who want to be close to the action.

• Liked — Location, location, location.
  • Disliked — could have put our rooms closer together
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank valor155
usa
Reviewed 10 July 2008

My girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel during the Essence Festival during the July 4th holiday. The hotel is in a great location, clean and the staff is very courteous!

I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Nashville, Tn
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Great location! Only a block from the Quarter! We were fortunate to book one of the balcony rooms overlooking St. Charles. It was a standard Courtyard room, slightly small, but we were only there to sleep so it was perfect. Be sure to hop on the streetcar and cruise through the Garden District. An excellent tour for under $2.00. Hop off at the end of the line if you would like to enjoy a coffee, pastry, or a casual breakfast or lunch at La Madeline.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HulaGirlNashville_Tn
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 19 May 2008

My husband insists on staying at Marriotts in order to earn points, even though he is approaching having a million of them. I wasn't thrilled to have to stay at one in New Orleans, as I clearly would have preferred a boutique hotel (where our friends were staying). Nontheless, he won on this one, so we booked this hotel. Although I wasn't really looking forward to it, when I saw the madness at the hotel where our friends were staying (the Monteleone) I was glad we were where we were. The Courtyard is located across Canal on a quiet street. Based on a previous review, I requested a corner room and got 415 (same as the person who recommended this) and the room was huge. When we returned one day in the afternoon they even had hot gourmet cookies that they were giving out at the front desk. Its a short walk to the French Quarter and I really couldn't find anything much to complain about, other than the fact that the linens on the bed were rather frayed. Decor is typical Courtyard, but our stay was comfortable and the price was right. And best of all, my husband got his Marriott points. What's not to like?

• Liked — Quiet location away from the madness of the French Quarter
  • Disliked — Frayed linens on bed
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fridaysmom
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 May 2008

Stayed here for about a week on business in May. I have to say that it was much nicer than I expected. The staff was especially helpful. If you ever need anything, ask for "Bull". He was the concierge that does everything and anything for hotel guests. Including, coming in on his days off.
The rooms were quite comfortable, but a little on the small side. Anyone who has ever stayed in NYC know what I'm talking about.
There is a small fitness that has a whirlpool in the adjacent room. I looked in there and both seemed on the older side. However its better than nothing.
There's no pool, but who goes to New Orleans to swim.
The hotel is located right off Canal Street which is the major thoroughfare in Downtown New Orleans. It's not even a block from the French Quarter which is where I was every night.
The hotel lobby is rather small also, but right off the lobby is a bar. Right next to the bar is a small CPU that has internet in case you need it.
Overall I rather enjoyed the hotel. Everything was clean and not too noisy. What more could you ask from a hotel. Even better than that, you can't beat the location.
Like I said before, you're minutes from the French Quarter and Riverwalk. There's a McDonalds and a Popeye about 1000 ft away for all those that don't want to pay $15 a meal in the French Quarter. Every Wednesday in Lafayette park there's a huge music festival that you don't want to miss if you get the chance. It's only about a 4 block walk from the hotel.
And if you're drinking down on Bourbon Street, you gotta try the "Hand Grenades".

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nada
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business