“Great Gem in the heart of the French Quarter”
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #10 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Hotel Le Marais was a beautiful property. The look and atmosphere of the hotel was second to none. The rooms had great amenities, like an I-pod docking station and large hi-def tv's. I thought the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location is second to none. Once you arrive, you don't need to drive anywhere. Bourbon Street was just a few feet away, and there were restaurants all around. Great place to stay while in New Orleans

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed equally as nice-visited a friend that was staying there and his room was just a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Gene J
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Gene J,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais. We appreciate your kind words on our amenities such as our I-pod docking station and large hi-def TV. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon. Best Wishes!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Marais

Reviewed 26 June 2012

As a first time traveler to New Orleans, I didn’t know what to expect. When my husband and I travel, we fully appreciate most kinds of accommodations (large resorts, bed and breakfast properties, branded chains, boutique hotels) but for my first and probably last trip to this city I wanted to stay at an independent property that had some New Orleans character, was reasonably priced (under $200 a night), offered updated rooms and a great location…that’s EXACTLY what we got at Hotel le Marais.

I joined my husband on his work trip so we stayed Sunday to Wednesday morning. Sunday afternoon we got to enjoy the courtyard and the pool—here is where we got the New Orleans character and feel. The stone and wicker chairs and the windows and awnings above create a very quiet and charming atmosphere. Our rate and what we got for it was VERY reasonable…to get WIFI, comfy beds and some breakfast bites for well under $200 a night is more than reasonable, which brings me to my last point…location. Not a huge fan of Bourbon Street but you are close to the “action” with this hotel. And you are close to everything else that matters too so you can’t go wrong location-wise.

If you are looking for a full service property there are certainly other choices but if you like the boutique feel, appreciate value for your dollar, and are looking for some subtle sophistication in the French Quarter look no further.

2  Thank brownpads32

Dear Brownpads32,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hotel Le Marais located in the heart of the French Quarter. We certainly are excited to hear that you had an excellent stay and that you enjoyed everything our hotel had to offer. Thank you for choosing us and please come back and see us soon. Warm Greetings!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We have been to N.O. many times over the years, so when I realized that this hotel was between Bourbon and Royal, my first thought was that noise would be a factor. But, surprisingly, we heard nothing from Bourbon Street. My only complaint about noise was the slamming of the guest room doors. We heard it all through the night as people came home from their various outings. I also felt that the walls were a bit thin...could hear the music next door on the I Pod docking system. I even brought a fan with me from home in order to help drown the noises out, but to no avail. And this is certainly not the hotel's fault..I was just mentioning. The hotel staff were very friendly. It was nice to have a free cocktail on arrival. The bottled water in the rooms was also very nice. The WI-fi was easy to access. The beds were comfy. I love white bedding. The rooms were very updated, and we overlooked the courtyard...nice. The bathroom could have been a little cleaner, I thought, but overall, was acceptable. The pool area/outside courtyard area could have been a little cleaner. There were full ashtrays everywhere...gross. And it didn't seem as though they kept the area looking as nice as they could have. The pool is super small, and there wasn't a lot of seating available. We very rarely sat out there because all of chairs were occupied, or people had left drinks sitting there as though there was still someone there. The proximity of the hotel to Canal street was nice. Really it was the perfect spot for us. We really did enjoy the experience and will return...but I won't forget my fan.....

Room Tip: We requested, and obtained a top floor (5th) room, overlooking courtyard. I had requested a quiet ro...

Dear Nicky14,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words on our very friendly staff, the free cocktail on arrival, the bottled of water in the rooms, the easy access for the WI-fi, the rooms, and our comfy beds. Thank you for staying with us and please return to see us soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed two nights at this hotel and was extremely disappointed with their service! Upon arriving, there was no valet at the front door, even tho 5 minutes earlier I’d spoken with the front desk via phone, who told me the valets were waiting at their front door; and instructed me to simply pull right up. No valet for at least 10 minutes; no signs instructing how or where the valet worked.

When I first got to my room, the temperature was 77 degrees. Turned the AC down but it literally took 4 hours for the room to cool off to a 73 non-sweat temperature. Hotel sent AC man up to tell me it works just fine, that the problem was just in my mind. He said he would bring us a small plug in fan but NEVER did!

The doors appeared to shut and sounded as tho they shut but the doors were very hard to shut and latch. (Conversations with other hotel guests confirmed they had this issue as well)

We were able to hear every conversation guests/maids had while walking thru the hallways! (Conversations with numerous other hotel guests, from different floors than I, confirmed they had this issue as well)

Then my card was charged $28 more dollars than the receipt I signed at the front desk while checking out. Basically they LIED to me about how much my card was getting charged. However, the hotel did give me a refund of this $28 bucks within a few days.

Also upon checkout, the front desk could not describe the valet parking procedures or give me a timeframe on how long it would be before the valet brought my car around...

Overall I'll never stay at the Hotel Le Marias in New Orleans again. All things considered if they hotel personnel would have accommodated me with the fan they agreed to bring, and were helpful with the valet questions, and if they would have only charged my card for the amount on my signed receipt - then I’d go back. BUT they didn’t seem to care! Note: many folks in line at the front desk were complaining, which made for a negative atmosphere. During my vacation to New Orleans, this hotel was the only complaint I had.

1  Thank Amanda J

Dear Amanda J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. I am very concerned and disappointed of the service level you received during your stay, and for that I apologize. I am really interesting in speaking with you about your recent experience at our hotel and you can contact me at (504) 200-3154 or at daffne.ruglas@interstatehotels.com. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again. Warm Greetings!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I really liked the hotel - I stayed with a friend in New Orleans prior to arrival, and she dropped me off and the hotel took her car for a couple hours. When we got back the valet brought back her car, and I told them I wanted to pay and was told "not to worry". She left (with her car).
I checked out at 5am and took a cab to the airport three days later. i had not checked my bill thoroughly and found that I was charged for 3 nights of parking. I have emailed and called the hotel, but cannot get my bill corrected. I am happy to pay for the hour or so the car was there, but not for three days!

CHECK YOUR BILL THOROUGHLY UPON CHECK OUT because it has been more than 3 weeks and no correction or call back - I was told I would be sent email - no such thing!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Mainegirl759,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. I am very concerned that no one has gotten back to you about your bill and I would like to resolve this issue personally. I would appreciate if you can contact me at (504) 200-3154 or at daffne.ruglas@interstatehotels.com so I can get this taking care of right away. I apologize for the delay and the inconvenience. Furthermore, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you give us another chance and comeback and see us soon. Best Wishes!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I would recommend a stay at Hotel Le Marais for anyone looking for the comforts of a new boutique hotel that's a quiet hideaway yet right in the middle of the action.

The Location
This is the perfect location for anyone visiting the French Quater for the first time. The hotel is within walking distance to any one of the many incredible areas, including being around the corner from the excitement of Bourbon Street and fascinating Royal Street shopping.

The Service
All staff were very friendly and the front desk staff were always available to answer questions or book any tours. Check in was very quick and our room was available early which was nice after a very early flight.

The Room
We had a courtyard view room, two double beds. The room was very clean and comfortable. Being a boutique hotel the decor was modern and the beds were very comfortable with nice bedding. We never heard any noise after we retired so we got good sleeps.

Amenities
It was nice to get bottles of water in the room, and our complimentary bar beverage was a nice touch - although I would argue that you should receive a free drink for every night you're staying as one nighters get one drink as well. The pool and outdoor courtyard was a nice refuge when looking to unwind after a long day in the quarter, in fact most times we had it to ourselves. The music and free beverages (non-alcoholic) outside added to our enjoyment. It's a nice perk to have a free breakfast however most days it was cold unfortunately - but free is free. The free wi-fi was easy to connect to and I appreciated the business centre and being able to print our boarding passess for free.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a "balcony room", the balconys are very small, and do not appear to have any furniture to sit out and enjoy so why bother.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a "balcony room", the balconys are very small, and do no...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank evarett

Dear Evarett,

We deeply appreciate you taking the time to share your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais. We are delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing that our hotel is in the perfect location, our very friendly staff that was always able to answer your questions and book tours, your very clean and comfortable room, the amenities, and the Ice-tea and fruit fussion water that was placed in the courtyard. Thank you so much for staying with us and we are ready to serve you again whenever you decide to comeback.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I booked my room with Hotel Le Marais about a month ago, and I’m scheduled to arrive in a few days.

Today I received a call from them, but I did not answer since I didn’t recognize the number. Of course, after looking up the number, I called back to inquire about the call. Given they left no message, I assumed it was unimportant, and perhaps a courtesy call of some sort. WRONG!

On the contrary, I was informed by two separate people that the hotel was going to be closed on my day of arrival. No explanation was offered; instead I was transferred to someone who could “better help me”. Of course, I’m thinking why would a hotel be closed without warning?
When I finally got in touch with someone who could “better help me”, I was informed the building was going to be closed due to the electricity being out on that day. In the back of my mind, I kept questioning why no message was left to tell me this? Why would you require your guests to do the extra research and work to get this info from you?

Needless to say, when I had someone else call back to make reservations for my already schedule dates, they were told the hotel was overbooked for that day…no, not without power, but overbooked.

I’m looking into other alternatives right now…

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Daniel R

Dear Daniel R,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. Unfortunately, our hotel had an Electrical Breaker Upgrade on June 27 and this caused us to move our guests to our sister property. I do apologize for the miscommunication given to you and I would like to speak about this issue with you personally. Please feel free to contact me at (504) 200-3154 or at daffne.ruglas@interstatehotels.com. I am really looking forward to get in touch with you. Once again, thank you for your review. Warm Greetings!