“Gem of a Hotel”
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #9 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 9 July 2012

A small gem of a hotel. Close to everything yet on a quiet street. The staff couldn't have been friendlier. By the end of our three night stay we were on a first name basis with everyone. Rooms were clean. The AC was powerful [an important factor during the summer] The breakfast included bacon and sausage. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mitchell L
druglas, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear Mitchell L,

Thank you for your nice review of Hotel Le Marais. We are glad you had a wonderful experience during your stay. I am certain that your review will serve as a motivation for all of our employees to further improve customer satisfaction and engagement. Thank you for choosing us and please come back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,397)

Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in June and we truly enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly, as well as helpful with directions and advice on tours. The rooms were a bit small, but I think that is expected when going to New Orleans. Our room was very modern, clean, and comfortable. The hotel is in PERFECT location and we were able to walk everywhere. It is close to Bourbon, but we did not hear any noise from the street. There was some rowdiness in the hallway in the middle of the night, but security did take care of it and again, I think that would occur at any location you stay at by Bourbon street. The drink tickets were a nice touch- you could pick any drink you wanted. The complimentary breakfast was better than expected, and even included some hot items as well. The pool area was a bit small, but we were lucky to get one of the round loungers to relax on for about an hour. The fitness facility was nice and clean as well. I also enjoyed that the hotel provided bottled water in your room everyday, which is a must have for walking around in the New Orleans heat and humidity! It was nice to not have to buy it everyday. I would definitely recommend the Le Marais and would stay here on a future visit.

1  Thank Kim M

Dear Kim M,

Thank you for your very nice review of Hotel Le Marais during your last visit to New Orleans. We are delighted that we succeeded in engaging with you and your husband and help create your memorable experience of the city of New Orleans. We deeply appreciate your compliments on our very friendly staff, very modern, clean and comfortable room, our upgraded complimentary breakfast with sausage and bacon, our pool and courtyard area and our fitness center. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our amenities. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all travelers and we sure hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Friendly and super helpful service - from the bar staff, cleaners, front desk, valets - they were all lovely.

Amazing value. This rates as one of the top 5 hotels I've stayed in globally (and I've stayed in some really high end hotels like Westins, Four Seasons etc).

Free continental breakfast in the bar/seating area included in your stay - lovely to enjoy out in the courtyard by the pool.

Free drink vouchers to redeem against anything - including lovely cocktails - in the bar.

Complimentary bottled water in your room - replaced daily!

Complimentary iced tea by the pool daily.

Beautiful pool and courtyard with seating area to enjoy - lovely and shaded and quiet, despite the 100 degree heat. Such a luxury!

Beautifully appointed rooms. Quiet, private, lovely shuttered windows - we were on the top floor so had great views of some surrounding architecture that really helps get you in the spirit of the city.

Great choice of cocktails.

Valet parking prices were pretty steep at $27 per night but appreciate this is probably because you're right in the heart of New Orleans and given how amazing everything else was, I don't even really care!

Our first visit to New Orleans - beautiful city and a wonderful boutique hotel, perfectly located for local attractions and restaurants.

You can walk to the French Market, the Cabildo, Canal St, 1850 house/Pontalba buildings (well worth a visit), the beautiful antique shops of Royal St and the downtown civil war museum in Memorial Hall. GW Fins is great for more fine dining; Bubba Gump great food at great prices. I'm not a Bourbon St kind gal so we avoided that (easy to do). You're right in the thick of things at this hotel.

I honestly cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. I want to go back already.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 5th floor overlooking the courtyard/pool.
1  Thank BeadleEngland

Dear BeadleEngland,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Le Marais and allowing us to be part of your trip to New Orleans. I have shared your feedback to all the Ladies and Gentlemen of Hotel Le Marais and we all send our appreciation to you for validating what we work for, day in and day out. Your comments bring smiles to all my staff. We really appreciate your kind words on our bar staff, housekeeping, front desk and valets as well as our rooms, pool and courtyard area.
We hope that you miss your home in the City of New Orleans in the heart of the French Quarter as it is Hotel Le Marais...and we look to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

With that said, you may wonder why a 4 star. After many trips to New Orleans I can tell you one of the most important things is noise reducing drapes which may not be attractive but make sleep much easier to come by as this town is NEVER quiet. The staff was friendly and attended to all our needs. The rooms clean and the whole hotel is beautifully decorated. I did notice a situation that has already been addressed and that is the shower! You can flood the whole room if you are not careful. Ending on a positive note, the Rum Runners are lethal! Beware!

Room Tip: As far from the pool as possible.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear chacha2017,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Le Marais during your last visit to New Orleans. Thank you for including us in your travel plans and we are delighted that we succeeded in engaging with you and help create your memorable experience. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed at the Hotel le Marais for four nights and loved it. This modern, boutique hotel was clean and well-maintained. The beds were heavenly! The one issue in the room was that the shower would spray outside the stall, leaving huge puddles on the floor, so we had to have the shower head practically facing the opposite wall to avoid the mess. The staff was extremely helpful, particularly Pierre, who booked several tours for us and got us $10 discounts per person per tour. The best part of the hotel is that it is in the heart of the French Quarters. This visit was all of our first times in Nola. Being able to walk to key landmarks, check out local art galleries and antiques, and grab a beignet was a huge plus! Other hotel perks: free drinks per guest, free bottled water in the room, 15% off our stay, and chocolates and ginger snaps in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Leila S,

I am glad that we met and exceeded your expectations and have created a delightful experience for you all. Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. I am happy that we were able to give you a feeling of vacation during your stay. We surely appreciate your comments as we are always striving to improve our service and engagement delivery. We look forward to your return and being part of your home away from home.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at the Hotel Le Marais on a mini-vacation with friends. The hotel met our needs very well. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, location was very convenient, staff members were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is a nice feature, and the back patio/pool area is a great place to gather and relax. My only complaint is that the water pressure in the shower in our room was terrible - just a light trickle of water. But the others I was with didn't have this issue in their room, so I assume it was just a fluke.

New Orleans is a large city with a lot to see, leaving me wanting to return. I would definitely consider staying at Le Marais again the next time.

Room Tip: Room 310 had terrible water pressure.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carrie T

Dear Carrie T,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your most recent stay in our Hotel Le Marais. We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay and I have shared your comments with all my staff and your words have brought smiles to all my employees. We definitely checked the problem with the water pressure on the room you stayed in and is now fixed. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again soon! Best!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We booked 2 nights at this hotel during a trip to New Orleans that was partly business & partly vacation. We chose this hotel because of the Trip Advisor ranking. There were some really good staff members like Bull, Miguel, and Janice. The front desk staff was not very good nor was the manager, Daphne.

They definitely act like you are second class if you book through a third party like Hotels.com. They gave us a cramped room next to the linen closet and elevator. What's worse is that there was a very loud altercation in the middle of the night between 2 men. We had to call the front desk twice to get have them put a stop to it. When we asked to move rooms the next day, they seemed put out. We didn't think that was an unreasonable request since they could not tell us if the 2 men were guests and still staying there the 2nd night. Needless to say, we didn't want to risk a repeat of the first night.

They didn't have the new room ready untol 4 PM. I found Daphne's sarcasm to be inappropriate. Around 11 AM, I told her I would be out for at least a few hours. I asked when I should come back for the room to be ready and she replied 10 PM. NOT funny. So, I came back around 2 PM, and nothing. More annoyed or indifferent expressions from the front desk staff.

The complimentary drinks were a nice touch. Daphne did leave us complimentary champagne and chocolate.

The pool area was pretty, though it is small for a hotel that size. Also, there are signs saying the hotel is a non-smoking property (including signs in the patio/pool area). But there were ashtrays everywhere and people smoking there at all times of the day. it seemed odd to have a no smoking policy that is not enforced.

Overall, I would not stay here again. There are a lot nicer hotels in New Orleans. I think their #1 ranking comes from a young clientele who likes the free drinks & free WiFi as well as the location. We've stayed at the Bourbon Orleans before and liked that hotel much better.

2  Thank AnnieSwitzer

Dear AnnieSwitzer,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais and for choosing to stay with us. We deeply appreciate your kind words on our staff such as Bull, Miguel, and Jeanine and our hotel. I would like to apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay. We consider your feedack as "gifts" as they are meaningful to us because it helps us continuously improve our product and service delivery. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again. Warm Greetings!