“This is the only hotel I'd ever stay in if I ever get back to the Cresent City!”
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #8 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
South Carolina
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I have stayed in some great places in my life but this was the best. From the location, the rooms, the price, the staff, right down to "the reall nitty gritty" this places aims to please. I was impressed right from entering until I checked out. The staff does anything in their power to answer questions, give directions, make recommendations....great recommendations, and they do it all and remember your name. It really makes you feel welcome which I belive in today's world, is rare. The rooms are gorgeous and comfortable and they will provide anything you need then ask if you need more. Beautiful bar and courtyard and who can complain about a free drink when you arrive. I just wish I could remember everyones name that did so well. JT the bar tender made a super supper recommendation for the Pelican Club, which I will review. Gave great directions right to it. Danialla, (sp?), at the front desk helped in many ways including a great supper recommendation that will also be reviewed. It was exactly what we wanted on our last night. I did say that they needed half and half in the rooms with the in room coffee and was told that all I had to do was ask and they would have brought it up. Yep, that was my mistake but if we ever stay here again I will know. The manager checked us in, so sorry I forgot her name, but she never forgot ours. She also offerred help for us to get to places we wanted to go. Location is perfect and you're far enough of Bourbon to not have to deal with that madness. Hotel is secure, which is another comfort. Only got a chance to nibble a little breakfast but it was fine. Y'all will just have to trust me on this one, it IS the place to stay in NOLA and I only hope someday to return. Thank you Hotel Le Marais for a wonderful time I will never forget.

Room Tip: Balconey room over the courtyard. Nothing could be finer!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank CarolinaParatrooper
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, 18 March 2016
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel le marais during your recent trip to New Orleans. We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience with the word through our TripAdvisor community. Once again, thank you for staying at Hotel le marais!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (741)
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The hotel is well located in the French Quarter, just off of Bourbon St, and blocks from Jackson square, and Canal St. The bar and pool area just off the lobby is a great place to meet friends and family before heading out for a day/night in the quarter. Valet parking is convenient and easy, front dest was very friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We were very happy with our choice to stay at Le Marais. I requested a wheelchair accessible room. It was the farthest room away from the elevator (so a lot of pushing down a carpeted hallway), but so worth it because it was on the back of the hotel making it quiet. I had been warned there wasn't a great view, but we had a lovely view of a tree. The roll in shower was not well designed and no matter what we did, water flowed all over the bathroom floor, so we had to put multiple towels on the floor to sop up the water (the only drain was in the shower).
We enjoyed the workout room, the complimentary drinks at the bar, and the pool. The pool is warm - like hot tub warm, which was great because the highs were only in the 60s while we were there. We loved the location; it was so easy to explore the French Quarter just by walking out the door. (though thank goodness we didn't have a room on the street side of the building - Bourbon Street is a stone's throw away and LOUD).
The bed was comfy, but the pillows were way too thick, and the hotel did not have others (boo).
Breakfast is basic hotel food: pre-made omelets, sausage, bacon, toast, etc.
One other thing: there was a loose tile in the bathroom and every time I rolled over it, it was loud. I didn't report this to the front desk (using a wheelchair and being on vacation in a new city has many challenges, so I choose my battles), but I hope they fix it for the next guest!

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the street side as they will be very loud!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abh345678
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Hotel Le Marais has an awesome location right between Royal and Bourbon street on Conti. I thought the rooms were a fairly average size, the decor was nice. I hated the shower! It's nicely tiled, however, there is only half the door, which is stationary, and the rest of the shower is left open. The courtyard is very pretty, there's always water and cookies available. The lobby and bar area are pretty and trendy.The breakfast has quite a few options from cereal, bagels, muffins, and hot choices like eggs, sausage, and bacon. The majority of the staff was great. The front desk and doorman always had a pleasant word for me coming in and out. The maids always asked how we slept and if we needed anything extra for our rooms. We only had trouble at the bar. There were 4 people there when we walked up, but we sat there for almost 10 minutes without even being acknowledged. If you're busy, that's fine, but at least smile and or say something. That was just a small part of the trip, but it's really stuck with me. Another thing I found odd about this hotel was that trash is piled in the hallways while the maids cleaned in the morning. I posted a picture of our hall way. It was really off putting, and it was the same thing every day. One positive note: I felt very safe and secure in this hotel. For one, you have to use the key to get on the elevator which is located next to the desk, and after midnight, you have to use a key just to get into the building.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Leslie O, Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, 24 May 2016
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at le marais for a 4 night birthday trip. I chose this hotel based on the reviews and #1 ranking. We were on the 5th floor facing the street and it was quite noisy. At night it was easy to fall asleep because we were exhausted from walking (and alcohol helps), but in the morning it was a little annoying. I think the hallway noise was even worse than the outside, they need to look into getting more soundproof doors. Even when we were walking in the hall we could hear what other people were talking about in their rooms. That said, this hotel is beautiful and is really a very central location. You are 10 steps from bourbon st, 3 blocks from canal, and maybe 4 blocks from Jackson square. The room itself is beautiful, bed is comfortable, and I thought the shower was great. If you want a great value in the center of it all, definitely stay here. If you want quiet, maybe look a little farther from bourbon st.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Marriedinmexico24
druglas, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel le marais during such a special occassion as it is a Birthday. We are honor to know that we were part of this wonderful moment in your lives. I have to agree with you that it can get a little noisy, especially during large events in the City. Thank you for your kind words on our beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, and great shower as we always strive to make sure that our guest's satisfaction is priority. We truly appreciate you sharing your most recent experience here in TripAdvisor with other travelers and we do hope to be able to provide you with excellent service again.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in March. Had to change rooms due to faulty air conditioning noise. Wasn't a problem to the great Pierre. He organised my activities and he always had a welcoming smile when I came through the door. The complimentary breakfast was a nice start to the day. I will definitely stay here again. Next time Ill bring my man to share this exciting location.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Leslie O, Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, 24 May 2016
jaguar7777777
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel is very good indeed. We had a nice room with a comfortable bed, there's a good bar and a nice breakfast, the hotel is in an excellent location and the staff were very friendly. At the price, I have to give it 5 out of 5.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple