“BEST HOTEL EVER!!!!”
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #10 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I absolutely loved this place! I was so pleased with the staff the maintenance and how I was able to book last min and got an upgrade for booking last min. Also Best part about the stay is the amazing breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel le marais during your recent trip to New Orleans. We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience with the word through our TripAdvisor community. Once again, thank you for staying at Hotel le marais!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We found this hotel to be excellent choice, clean, well kept, location, rooms and the staff were all super. The location is perfect to going around the city & special if you want the night life Bourbon St offers, it's a block away but always remained quite inside. You can walk any where and is close to the streetcars & buses. The rooms are avg size and decor was very nice, bed comfortable, pillows are always an issue for me at hotels, but these weren't that bad overall. The rooms are kept clean and housekeeping did a great job keeping our room clean & well stocked. The staff were all very outgoing and helpful and attentive to your needs/request. We asked for early check & upon arrive (8am) our room was ready. The pool which is small is more of a relaxing pool then a swimming pool, it's located in the courtyard and had very nice chairs and is a great spot to hang and relax with a drink fro near bar, The only negative which is no big deal was the breakfast, it is your usually buffet breakfast but I do have to add the Bacon was great. There were eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt, asst. bread/bagels, jelly/jams, cream cheese, juices, the normal stuff you find in many hotels. I was hoping for a little better breakfast but this is not a negative just a personal feeling. Also the breakfast area which is the bar in the evening
services breakfast and can get a bit crowded. But again not a problem, your on vacation so relax and go and enjoy this super hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a well maintained and clean hotel. It is central to everything in the French Quarter. The drinks in the bar are first rate. We walked everywhere so parking was not an issue.
My only issue was that the bathroom was small so it was hard to set up our stuff. But this is a minor issue, the rest of the experience there more than makes up for it.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Chose this hotel for location and after reading reviews. The hotel is a very nice boutique that appears to have been completely renovated. Beautiful courtyard with small pool and nice bar/lounge. Rooms are terribly small as one might imagine. One issue I found with hotel is that parking is $34.99 per day. We were told valet and self-park were same price. The valet was very slow, at one point over 25". When I inquired about self-park I was told it would be $40 each time I left and returned. Also, after arriving home last night, I reviewed my CC online. The hotel was charging my card $50 each day. When I just phoned, they informed me this was for incidentals and the balance would be refunded to my card. I think this is a scam as they have CC on file and incidentals can be charged when incurred.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed in Room 116 which was upstairs behind the bar. You had to carry your bags up the stairs, but that was not a problem for us. I do wish that the handrail had been wider. The room is super quiet because it was not near the street or the elevator, and it looked out into a courtyard that appeared deserted. As others have said, we enjoyed the complimentary drinks at the bar, and we always loved having that great breakfast every morning. The breakfast staff was always friendly, and the bacon was crisp and tasty!! Yes, I agree that eating in the bar was a tight fit, but I also think that it's just a great way to utilize your space.

We liked using the business room where we were able to print our boarding passes and check our e-mail. Since we arrived before check-in, the front desk personnel let us store our bags so we could go eat lunch.

We are not smokers, and the pool area is where all the smokers are. We were able to enjoy one evening outside with no smokers.

We also enjoyed the convenience of the Airport Shuttle dropping us off and picking us up at the front door - and on time too.

The location is perfect; the hotel is clean with lovely art work; and the staff was always friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs behind the bar are very quiet. There is no elevator access or ice machine. The bart...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank opheliavoyager

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I Would've Rated This A 4, Had It Not Been For The Parking Situation.Because Of The Location Of The Hotel, You Have No Choice but Use Valet Parking (@$34/Day+Taxes) Or Go Find Public Parking On Your own At A Distance.
Also, For Those Who Book A "Deluxe" King Room Through Bookit, Its A Regular King Room Without A View(I.e Not Facing The Balcony). The Room Was Great, But I Thought It Was Extremely small
You Do Get 2 Free Cocktails Of Your choice On Arrival which Is Great.
I Was Disappointed With The Parking Situation, But Otherwise Good Experience Overall.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here for a few nights around the 4th July holiday. The hotel is beautiful and extremely clean. Everything is very good quality and it is affordable luxury. The room was perfect with a very modern and luxurious bathroom.

It is located in the heart of the French Quarter and you can easily walk to anywhere you need to be. The staff are pleasant and helpful and the courtyard with the pool is a perfect little sun trap with areas of shade when it gets too hot.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed: July 2013