“Surprising value with great service”
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #7 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
orlando
“Surprising value with great service”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We found Hotel Le Marais on Trip Advisor and picked it for its location (1/2 block from Bourbon Street) and low price. Upon our arrival, we were surprised to find what a gem we had come across. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean, beautiful, and in good condition. The surprise, however, came with the extras. The small thing that impressed me most was the inclusion of two bottles of water daily in the room. It annoys me when I spend hundreds of dollars a day on a room and then the hotel charges several dollars for a bottle of water. Not here. When we were told that breakfast came with the relatively inexpensive rate, we expected some donuts and coffee. What we found was a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, cereals, several juices, grits, oatmeal, various breads, and more. (Of course, it didn't stop us from going to Café Du Monde later.) When we checked in we were given coupons for two free drinks during our stay. The bar (which also served as the breakfast area) was very nice. The bartender was friendly and prepared two of their top shelf specialty drinks. Our King room had a comfortable bed and a balcony overlooking the courtyard, which was a very nice place to enjoy a drink or breakfast. There was also a small fitness center which was good for working off some of the great food we enjoyed in NOLA. We have stayed elsewhere in New Orleans and have spent much more for less fulfilling accommodations. When we return, we'll be back at Hotel Le Marais.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank reschimmel
Daffne R, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for hotel le marais. We are very excited to hear that your experience exceeded your expectations and will certainly use your feedback to further improve future visits. We appreciate your kind words on our extremely friendly and helpful staff, clean beautiful and in good condition hotel, the two complimentary bottles of water, and our delicious complimentary breakfast spread. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for providing insights for other future guests. Happy Holidays!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were very pleased with the stay over the past weekend! We loved the atmosphere, the friendly staff, the bar area, the breakfast, etc!! This hotel is within walking distance of everything! A few blocks from Jackson Sq a few hundred feet from Bourbon St you have it all right there! We will be staying here again on our next visit to NOLA! Thank you Le Marais!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shreveport
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I had a spur of the moment business trip and didn't have time to do a lot of research before booking the Hotel Le Marais. I was pleasantly surprised about every single aspect of this property but particularly the friendliness and outward desire of staff members to make my stay perfect. The extra touches of a free cocktail and delicious gingersnap cookies set the tone on my arrival and the great experience until I checked out the next day where my car was ready and waiting.

The public spaces and rooms were very chic and the rooms were spacious and spotless!
Easy access to shopping and dining which were an added bonus.

I will definitely stay at this property again as I found to be an excellent value and a delightful experience!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisa S
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed Nov 24-26 at Hotel Le Maris. 1st time there, certainly won't be our last. I'm originally from N.O. so we go back often. What a fun place to stay, the staff is so friendly and helpful, great bar and courtyard. This is a small typical New Orleans hotel so if you want all the "extras" like room service etc don't go there. If you want a great location, great New Orleans experience, and genuine helpful service then this is the place for you. Rooms are nice, I'd recommend an inside room facing the courtyard, 3rd floor and up. You are less than a block from Bourbon st., 5 min. from Jackson Square and surrounded by great restaurants. The staff at the front desk and the bar go out of their way the be helpful and there is an air of cheerfulness about them that makes it fun for all. We will be back!

Room Tip: Inside room facing the Courtyard, 3rd floor and up
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Daffne R, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Wow! I am excited to read such a wonderful review and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you so much for your kind comments on our friendly and helpful staff and our great bar and courtyard. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we can't wait to serve you again in the future. Happy Holidays!
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed Nov 21-24 and then Dec 1-3 at the Hotel Le Marais. The first time we stayed we had a balcony overlooking Conti street. It was fun to watch the people as they came off Bourbon and there was a wedding that took place next door and the bride and groom led a marching New Orleans style brass band past our hotel. It was loud, but we were festive and didn't mind the noise. The noise shut down at around 1 am that we noticed.
On the second half of our stay we asked for a balcony overlooking the pool. It was much quieter.

The pool was warm and peaceful. The breakfast was good. The gym was small but it had all the facilitates we needed. More than 4 people in the gym is too much.

The front desk staff were friendly and courteous. Lyndon was great on assisting any requests. If they didn't know an answer, the front desk staff was on the radio right away to get the information.

The rooms came with one bathrobe and on trips too the pool, the bathrobe was pretty tight on me.

The lobby was beautifully decorated and the rooms were clean.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends, and if we go back to New Orleans we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool view balcony rooms are quieter, but they miss the action from close-by bourbon street.
1 Thank Casey S
Millsboro, Delaware
Reviewed 6 December 2013

While the room is small, that is the worst thing we can say about Hotel Le Marais. The location is ideal for walking Bourbon Street and close to other attractions. We were incredibly pleased by the cleanliness of the room and can't say enough about the service we received. The recommendations by the front desk were exceptional. The breakfast was better than we thought it would be (I am always leery of free food). The bartenders were also pleasant and helpful. We were nothing short of pleased with the service at Hotel Le Marais.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We deeply appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with other travelers in TrIp Advisor. We are glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations related to cleanliness and our service. At hotel le marais we pride in providing the highest quality of service at all times and to hear that we have done it again, it makes us very happy. Thank you so much for staying with us and please comeback and see us soon. Happy Holidays!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 December 2013

At $200+ per night with taxes and ect, I was expecting to sleep like a baby and have wonderful, relaxing stay. My first impression was that this is a very nice hotel, located in the heart of the French Quarter (on Conti near Royal, one block from Bourbon St). It is in an older building that was remodeled to look more hip, modern (with excessive use of colored lighting and velvet chairs). We stayed on the 3rd floor, when we opened the room door we both noted the strong smell of mildew in the room. No heat was on in any of the hallways, so in December this can get cold. There was a heated pool in the courtyard but it is awkwardly located near the Vive bar, which did not make me want to go in. No room service offered, no in-room beverages, no mini fridge, no spa, no snacks and no restaurant. I also noticed our bathroom was fairly dirty, the cleaning staff never cleaned the shower walls or the frosted glass between the shower and toilet which looked filthy. The valet parking for $34 per day was horrible and half the time the valet reserved space was being occupied by someone else, mostly deliveries or people temporarily stopping to pick someone up. I did not sleep well the whole time we stayed here, there was a weird, loud grinding noise most of the night and I kept having horrible, violent nightmares. I don't often have such bad nightmares and it made me question the idea of a haunting or ghost as I have heard the French Quarter has a history of.

I accidentally left a toiletry bag in the room, asked about it a hour later after we checked out and was told "we did not find anything in your room" but I am positive I left a small bag full of makeup in the room. Annoyed by this, nobody asked for my contact info incase they did find the bag, just the smug response.

I will be in NOLA in the near future but I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or room service offered here.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon B
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Hotel le marais. I am very sorry to hear that we weren't able to meet your expectations and that you experienced some problems with your room and bathroom. I would definitely share these comments with my housekeeping staff to to correct this issue. Also, I am sorry to hear that we weren't able to find your item but we will keep looking for it and keep in contact with you in case is found. I would love to speak with you in further detail about your stay, if you can please contact me (504) 200-3154 or daffne.ruglas@interstatehotels.com. Looking forward to speaking with you.
Happy Holidays!