“Wonderful hotel, great location, free breakfast”
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #10 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I stayed 6 nights at Le Marais. The hotel is only 1 block from Bourbon Street and within walking distance of any French Quarter attraction. The free breakfast includes scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, muffins, bagels, fruit, variety of juices, cereal, yougart. A great variety. The hotel is very quiet, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They also have a free business center with pcs and a printer. Free Wifi is in each room and through out the hotel. We had a small problem with our cable TV upon arrival and the tech person was at our room within 5 minutes to fix it. I would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LegMich
Write a ReviewReviews (3,311)

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was my oasis in the French Quarter. When the noise, smell and crowds got to be too much, I could always escape to the quiet and serenity of Le Marais. Spotless guest room, lobby and breakfast area. Quiet, totally blocking out the French Quarter noise (although I could hear a couple making love in the guest next room). Comfortably bed. Small, but totally adequate room. I would absolutely return the next time I was in NOLA.

2  Thank wumpus02
Daffne R, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Wow! We truly appreciate your kind words regarding your recent stay at Hotel le marais. We are delighted that our hotel has served as an oasis for you when the French Quarter became overwhelming at times during your visit. We are proud of our high cleanliness standards and we are grateful for your appreciation. Once again, thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hotel le marais.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Nice, clean hotel. Close to Bourbon street, but also you are within walking distance to many other things. Frenchmen Street, the Square, good restaurants and much more. The staff was very helpful and kind. They have a good breakfast and a bar onsite. Nice choice!

1  Thank happytraveler1015
Reviewed 26 March 2014

It was my first time in Nola and I wanted to stay in the French Quarter. This hotel is in the perfect location, steps from Bourbon St without the noise and close to everything you would want to see. The staff was friendly and helpful and complimentary daily breakfast is key. I fell in love with the French Quarter and when I return I will be staying here again!

2  Thank marinafeola

We are honored that you have chosen Hotel le marais as your property of choice during your first ever visit to New Orleans. We are definitely located in the heart of the French Quarter and a few steps from the jazz on world famous Bourbon St. and boutique shops on Royal St. We take pride in our enhanced world class guest service and we are truly appreciative of your compliment. We are looking forward to your next visit. Once again, thank you very much for choosing Hotel le marais.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Bourbon street is really a few steps away. But step into the Hotel Le Marais and it is another world. The front desk staff were all friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast, which is included, remains the same from day to day but is plentiful and very adequate with scrambled eggs, freshly replaced, and abundant good sausage and bacon. There are also cereals, fruit, various muffins, fruit juices, coffee, etc. The room we had was quiet and we were able to walk everywhere as the hotel is so conveniently located. There is a lovely small courtyard with seating and a small pool.

Room Tip: You may want to avoid the rooms that face the street - there is noise in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank bonemd
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Maybe I'm too picky, but I expected more for $450/night. My husband and I spent 3 nights here over this past weekend. We had a great time overall, and here is my assessment of the hotel:
Pros:
Pierre is awesome. I wish he had been there 24/7. The other staff was fine, very friendly, but the left hand didn't always know what the right hand was doing. The location can't be beat. You can easily walk to almost everything you want to see in NOLA. The breakfast was great, and fresh fruit, flavored water & coffee were available 24/7. The hotel has a modern, fun vibe and we found every public area to be very clean. Courtyard very nice to sit and have your free cocktail. I didn't find the noise to be a problem (but I never leave home without my earplugs!). I didn't find it to be any noisier than any other hotel. There was definitely far more noise on Saturday night both in the hotel (doors slamming, loud drunk people) and from Bourbon St.
Cons:
We paid a premium for a balcony with a courtyard view and were very disappointed to find no chairs to sit on! What is the point of the balcony? I was looking forward to enjoying my morning coffee and a book. Total waste of money...who wants to just stand on a balcony? The room was spotless when we arrived, however, it was not actually cleaned in the 3 nights we were there. The towels were changed (which you will need lots of because there is no door on the shower and the bathroom is soaked after a shower) and the bed was made. The toiletries weren't refreshed (guess what...a 1oz bottle of body wash will not clean 2 adults for 4 days), the tissue box wasn't refilled, the counters weren't wiped down. On day 3 at 4pm we returned and the room hadn't been touched at all. Are any of these things a big deal? No. But for the price, I shouldn't have to hunt down the housekeeper every day for something. We had a package which included vouchers for 2 tours. These were not presented to us upon arrival, and it took 3 trips back to the desk to actually get them. The staff at the time just really didn't know what to do.
Would I stay here again? Definitely yes, if I got a more reasonable price. Even subtracting the small cost of the tour vouchers, we still paid a bundle to stay here. I expected more attention to detail from the small, expensive hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhillyMissy
Reviewed 22 March 2014

First time in New Orleans and we could not have selected a better hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted by a true professional Mr. Pierre. He rolled out the red carpet and we received the VIP treatment during our entire stay. He booked excursions for us and personally walked us to a nearby restaurant to ensure we received prompt service. Be sure to stop by the bar when Ms. Olga is tending bar and she makes some of the best cocktails we have ever had, and she was a delight to chat with. The rooms (and the property) were nicely appointed, clean and well maintained. The location was great if you are looking for the "Bourbon Street" experience you are literally a one minute walk away. You are only a ten minute walk from St. Louis Cathedral, and Cafe Du Monde. I highly recommend this property and it will be our new home away from home on future trips to New Orleans.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AMB69_11

We are very glad that Hotel le marais has made an impression on you during your first visit to the Big Easy. It is great to hear that Pierre was able to accommodate your requests during your visit and that Olga was able to mix up great refreshments for you. We are truly delighted that you were able to enjoy our well-appointed rooms. The location of Hotel le marais simply cannot be beat; we are a stone's throw away from all the great local attractions that this great city has to offer. We are honored that you have chosen Hotel le marais as your home away from home. We are already looking forward to your next visit.