“A perfect choice!”

Ranked #10 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Toronto, Canada
“A perfect choice!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The ambience and central location of this boutique hotel is perfect.

We had room 308, Superior King, with a warm inviting decor facing the peaceful courtyard. We spent every afternoon in the courtyard enjoying the heated saltwater pool and the comfortable loungers. We received two complimentary drink vouchers for Vive, two complimentary bottles of water (warm unfortunately) and the daily complimentary breakfast was excellent; scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, boiled eggs, cereals, assorted breads and pastries, fresh fruit, fruit juices, tea and coffee. Complimentary wi-fi, 24 hour coffee service and delicious ginger snap cookies were an added bonus. We would definitely recommend Hotel Le Marais.

Room Tip: Request a courtyard room for a quieter stay. I would also recommend a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SengaMilne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (741)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I spent four nights in Hotel Le Marais last week in March and it was fantastic. Location in French Quarter was perfect, a half block from Bourbon Street but no noise...comfortable modern room, (and well-maintained), great full buffet breakfasts in downstairs bar area that exceeded our expectations, helpful professional staff gave us some good restaurant recommendations, (thank you Elsie). Weather was ideal too but can't give hotel credit for that. First time in New Orleans and this hotel made it memorable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Norm B
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I'm a frequent traveler to New Orleans and have stayed all over the city in different kinds of hotels, different areas, different classes. The Hotel Le Marais has been on my list to try but it never worked out. This time, when a flight out was canceled, I was in a pickle and the hotel I'd been staying in no longer had rooms. On a whim, I decided to see what the rates were for this hotel and they were so reasonable and the location so perfect that I took a chance and booked it without a second thought.

The hotel itself is lovely and quiet and relaxed, even though it's on Conti between Bourbon and Royal. You'd never know it! The woman at the front desk (I should have gotten her name but totally forgot -- I blame the fact that I'd just been back and forth to the airport and wasn't going to my own bed after all of that) was very helpful and welcoming. She got me checked in and in my room quickly and efficiently. Unfortunately, the first room, while beautifully appointed, was right on the street, facing the Royal Sonesta, and having stayed on a street-facing room before, I knew it was going to be too loud for me. So I returned to the front desk and she got me into another room immediately, without a problem, and this one was on the courtyard and spacious and comfortable.

The rooms themselves are quite large for a Quarter hotel. I've stayed at the Monteleone and the Omni Royal and the Roosevelt and all of those rooms were much smaller than this one -- for more money! (I loved the Roosevelt and it's luxurious rooms but they are very small.) The room was spotless and comfortable and the bathroom had those cool tiles that are so nice to put your hot, tired, walked-out feet on.

There's a nice, clean lobby and bar at the back of the property. A decent gym is back there as well. The courtyard is very special -- small salt water pool and big squishy chairs to sink into while enjoying a libation or two. I didn't spend that much time there, but what moments I did were very peaceful.

This hotel is part of the New Orleans Hotel Collection and I've stayed at one of their sister properties, the Mazarin, just over on Bienville. My review of that hotel is on TA but it's pretty much the same as this one! This NO Hotel Collection group seems to take pride in their properties and still manage to keep the costs reasonable.

It's not a party hotel. It's a grown up hotel. Which is exactly what I wanted.

You won't go wrong booking at this hotel. It's delightful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard are quieter. Ask for one away from the elevator as the elevator is pretty lou...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank ehdailey
Portland, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I am a frequent leisure traveler to New Orleans, and I have stayed in every type of lodging available on those visits. Hotel Le Marais beats all of them...hands down! I am extremely picky and demand cleanliness in all properties that I stay. I always look high and low upon entry into the property for signs of dirt...really kind of OCD about it. This property was very clean! I could really not find evidence to prohibit my stay there. Our only concern was an A/C unit in our room not working. When they could not get a part, we were quickly relocated to a new room. Management was quick to discount our rate for the one night without the working A/C. rooms were very quiet along with being modernly decorated. Valet service was expensive, but very efficient and polite. Most of the front desk associates were very helpful. The bellman was overly helpful and made personal comments each time he saw us. The breakfast is adequate...great bacon and sausage....eggs were tasteless. For the price of the hotel, I expected a better breakfast. Cheaper hotels have better breakfasts that Hotel Le Marais. Opportunity for improvement there.
The location of Hotel Le Marais is absolutely PERFECT! We parked the car and did not touch it for three days. You are about 40 steps to Bourbon street and three blocks to Jackson square. Something Else Café is about 20 steps away. They have the best crawfish omelet imaginable, along with an awesome gator sausage po-boy. About 20 steps away, You will find Oceana, an authentic New Orleans cuisine restaurant...where the locals go.
I highly recommend Hotel Le Marais! You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: King rooms are bigger than the double/doubles. No street noise bothered us.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Magnolia1966
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay here, and I'd have to say the combination of the perfect location and comfort was great. The hotel is small and very cozy. The salt water pool was a nice touch and the modern decor very pleasing. The room was very comfortable, the walk-in shower, and the bed wasn't an afterthought. I think the location is perfect. Between Bourbon and Royal is close enough to everything, but also helps keep the shield the noise if you need a break from the fun. The staff is really nice and helpful and the morning breakfast buffet hits the spot. I will definitely return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stevejn5
Warwick, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014

So I was in the New Orleans area and had not made a hotel reservation (my bad). Most every hotel was booked due to multiple conferences so what to do? Use my TA App to find one that's what. This place had high marks and since I was only going to be there one night, I figured "how bad could it be, it's in the Quarter?". I was very happily surprised! This is a boutique hotel so things are a little "trendy" to say the least. Rooms are large, nicely appointed. Nice courtyard with heated pool. Only negative is that the ultra modern decor in the lobby and common areas are way overdone. There is this blue tint to everything, even the mismatched funky colored furniture. But hey, some people like that. Rooms are decorated more in a more subdued style. Flat screens in rooms are huge, some of the largest I have ever seen in a hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a courtyard facing room to avoid the ruckus from Bourbon Street.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BackinNY
Centerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Small and lovely hotel in French Quarter. Excellent full breakfast, beautiful lobby and bar, helpful and friendly staff. Large, quiet rooms. Location is near everything. Walk to St. Charles trolly and Cafe du Monde.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Melanie523
Daffne R, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your wonderful experience at Hotel le marais with the world. We are truly delighted that you were able to enjoy our enhanced complimentary continental breakfast, quiet rooms and our bar, VIVE! You are right, we are centrally located and all the great local attractions in the Big Easy are within walking distance. We do hope that you choose Hotel le marais again in the future when you make your way down to New Orleans.