“Long weekend in New Orleans” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #6 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Dallas, Texas
“Long weekend in New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at Hotel Le Marais for a long weekend recently. I really can't think of anything they could have done to make our stay any better. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and well appointed. The courtyard was relaxing - we utilized it for "down time" several times. The free breakfast was fine (you are in New Orleans. If you want fine dining, walk 50 yards in any direction!) The hotel bar, Vive! was very nice also. Low key, quite, a great place to catch your breath before going back out and exploring the town. Staff was friendly and accommodating. And even though we were half a block off Bourbon Street, there was no issue with noise (granted, we had an inside room, so I can't vouch for the rooms overlooking the street, but other guests said they had no problems).

2 Thank Steve C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Le Marais in the French Quarter this past weekend and cannot say enough about how wonderful the staff is at everything from greeting you when you walk in to helping you leave at the end of your stay. They are all so friendly, helpful, and willing and able to do whatever is needed to make your stay pleasant. It was a real treat to have a room with a balcony half a block from Bourbon Street. I enjoyed hearing the sounds of the quarter in the evening without being right on Bourbon and once the windows were closed, I couldn't hear a thing. The hotel is clean, convenient, has great amenities and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stacey R
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here in April 2014 for my birthday weekend. We liked the room, and despite it's smallish size, it was elegant and was bigger than other rooms I've stayed at within the Quarter. The bar/lounge area was very nice, with fantastic drinks. The pool was a great touch, and we were able to swim since it is heated. Our only suggestion is to keep a stock of softer pillows on hand. We asked for some and were told no- by the 3rd night, we both had cricks in our necks. This would be a nice touch for "pillow picky" travelers. The location cannot be beat, and the room was very clean. I especially enjoyed our room 204 with a street facing balcony. I loved to hear the street musicians and to people watch. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The ambience and central location of this boutique hotel is perfect.

We had room 308, Superior King, with a warm inviting decor facing the peaceful courtyard. We spent every afternoon in the courtyard enjoying the heated saltwater pool and the comfortable loungers. We received two complimentary drink vouchers for Vive, two complimentary bottles of water (warm unfortunately) and the daily complimentary breakfast was excellent; scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, boiled eggs, cereals, assorted breads and pastries, fresh fruit, fruit juices, tea and coffee. Complimentary wi-fi, 24 hour coffee service and delicious ginger snap cookies were an added bonus. We would definitely recommend Hotel Le Marais.

Room Tip: Request a courtyard room for a quieter stay. I would also recommend a room away from the elevators.
2 Thank SengaMilne
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I spent four nights in Hotel Le Marais last week in March and it was fantastic. Location in French Quarter was perfect, a half block from Bourbon Street but no noise...comfortable modern room, (and well-maintained), great full buffet breakfasts in downstairs bar area that exceeded our expectations, helpful professional staff gave us some good restaurant recommendations, (thank you Elsie). Weather was ideal too but can't give hotel credit for that. First time in New Orleans and this hotel made it memorable.

1 Thank Norm B
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I'm a frequent traveler to New Orleans and have stayed all over the city in different kinds of hotels, different areas, different classes. The Hotel Le Marais has been on my list to try but it never worked out. This time, when a flight out was canceled, I was in a pickle and the hotel I'd been staying in no longer had rooms. On a whim, I decided to see what the rates were for this hotel and they were so reasonable and the location so perfect that I took a chance and booked it without a second thought.

The hotel itself is lovely and quiet and relaxed, even though it's on Conti between Bourbon and Royal. You'd never know it! The woman at the front desk (I should have gotten her name but totally forgot -- I blame the fact that I'd just been back and forth to the airport and wasn't going to my own bed after all of that) was very helpful and welcoming. She got me checked in and in my room quickly and efficiently. Unfortunately, the first room, while beautifully appointed, was right on the street, facing the Royal Sonesta, and having stayed on a street-facing room before, I knew it was going to be too loud for me. So I returned to the front desk and she got me into another room immediately, without a problem, and this one was on the courtyard and spacious and comfortable.

The rooms themselves are quite large for a Quarter hotel. I've stayed at the Monteleone and the Omni Royal and the Roosevelt and all of those rooms were much smaller than this one -- for more money! (I loved the Roosevelt and it's luxurious rooms but they are very small.) The room was spotless and comfortable and the bathroom had those cool tiles that are so nice to put your hot, tired, walked-out feet on.

There's a nice, clean lobby and bar at the back of the property. A decent gym is back there as well. The courtyard is very special -- small salt water pool and big squishy chairs to sink into while enjoying a libation or two. I didn't spend that much time there, but what moments I did were very peaceful.

This hotel is part of the New Orleans Hotel Collection and I've stayed at one of their sister properties, the Mazarin, just over on Bienville. My review of that hotel is on TA but it's pretty much the same as this one! This NO Hotel Collection group seems to take pride in their properties and still manage to keep the costs reasonable.

It's not a party hotel. It's a grown up hotel. Which is exactly what I wanted.

You won't go wrong booking at this hotel. It's delightful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard are quieter. Ask for one away from the elevator as the elevator is pretty lou...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank ehdailey
Portland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I am a frequent leisure traveler to New Orleans, and I have stayed in every type of lodging available on those visits. Hotel Le Marais beats all of them...hands down! I am extremely picky and demand cleanliness in all properties that I stay. I always look high and low upon entry into the property for signs of dirt...really kind of OCD about it. This property was very clean! I could really not find evidence to prohibit my stay there. Our only concern was an A/C unit in our room not working. When they could not get a part, we were quickly relocated to a new room. Management was quick to discount our rate for the one night without the working A/C. rooms were very quiet along with being modernly decorated. Valet service was expensive, but very efficient and polite. Most of the front desk associates were very helpful. The bellman was overly helpful and made personal comments each time he saw us. The breakfast is adequate...great bacon and sausage....eggs were tasteless. For the price of the hotel, I expected a better breakfast. Cheaper hotels have better breakfasts that Hotel Le Marais. Opportunity for improvement there.
The location of Hotel Le Marais is absolutely PERFECT! We parked the car and did not touch it for three days. You are about 40 steps to Bourbon street and three blocks to Jackson square. Something Else Café is about 20 steps away. They have the best crawfish omelet imaginable, along with an awesome gator sausage po-boy. About 20 steps away, You will find Oceana, an authentic New Orleans cuisine restaurant...where the locals go.
I highly recommend Hotel Le Marais! You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: King rooms are bigger than the double/doubles. No street noise bothered us.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends