“Great hotel”

Ranked #8 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
South Florida, Florida
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Highly recommend staying here! I stayed 2 nights and 3 days with my husband and daughter Hotel is clean and modern. The pool area is beautiful and cozy. Just a little small but not crowded. You get a free hot breakfast where you can either dine inside or by the pool. Bar area has a happy hour every day. Staff are all friendly and are willing to help you in the right direction on dining, clubbing or site seeing and even arranging them for you. Location is ideal and is just a block away from Bourbon Street. You can walk to mostly anywhere from here. I would definitely go back to this hotel next time we are in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Any room or area would be great. I chose French Quarters view but next time I would do pool view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tracey N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (741)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The whole staff, front desk, maintenance, bar, housekeeping, bellman were so friendly and welcoming. The hotel was super clean. Bar and pool area was very nice. Plenty of towels, shampoo etc. I just loved this place. Keep up the good work!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at Le Marais for 4 nights first week of July 2014. We had a room on the mezzanine level facing the backyard. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the bathroom was good size. Walk-in shower only, no bathtub which was fine by me. Water pressure was good. Internet was included, however the connection was almost nonexistent in the room, and only ok in the lobby. Breakfast was included and was very nice. Good coffee. Service was very friendly. The hotel has a pool but it's rather small and usually has someone in (it's hot in July!).

The location is perfect: the hotel is centrally located, 5-10 min. walk from everything in the Quarter, but it's not loud outside at night when you're trying to sleep.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if you plan to visit NOLA and the French Quarter.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I would like to thank Dakota Mendenhall for taking the trouble to post my passport back to Hawaii. I had left my passport in the safe at Hotel Le Marais and when I got to Memphis realised that I did not have my passport with me. My son-in-law, Andy Colley, then rang the hotel and Dakota checked the safe and rang back to say that he had it. He then made arrangement with FedEx to have my passport sent to Hawaii as we were not staying long in Memphis. When we got to Hawaii my passport was awaiting me at the hotel in Hawaii and I am very grateful to Dakota for making sure that I did receive my passport before having to leave the country to come home (Australia). Dakota, you saved me from having to go through the hassle of getting another passport so thank you again. Ingrid Keegel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

great room very comfortable bed . close to the fun but without noise .felt very safe with securiy in lobby .was there for the Essences festival i booked the room late so its was little more pricey.but i would come back again .Staff very friendly and help .also the staff at parking garage across the was great

1 Thank reggie h
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Highly recommend staying here! Great location just a block off bourbon street! Free hot breakfast by the amazing pool daily!

When we first arrived our hotel room wasn't ready yet which discouraged us BUT they made it all better by giving us the first night stay free and complimentary bar drinks! So it worked out even better!

Plus once we arrived in the room a bottle of complimentary champagne was waiting along with happy birthday balloon, candle, and chocolates! Wonderful surprise for my 21st birthday celebration!

HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone! I would defiantly go back!

Room Tip: Recommend getting a room with a balcony! It cost more but it's worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kel R
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here after staying one night at their sister property Hotel Mazarin. Both are fantastic, but Le Marais is a bit more on the "modern, hype" side and we preferred the more traditional look of the Mazarin. The hotel is clean, well appointed and the courtyard with pool is very nice. The staff is friendly and attentive. I don't have anything negative to say about the hotel and the only reason I can't give it 5 Stars is because of the Mazarin which is just a little better...better room/bathroom, better breakfast, a little more luxurious. Either way, if you book here or Mazarin you can't go wrong. They both are doing it right and I hope that it continues because they will become our "go to" hotels for New Orleans.

Room Tip: We had a balcony room on the 2nd floor over looking the courtyard. It was super quiet.
1 Thank Ross S