“Awesome!”

W New Orleans - French Quarter
Ranked #60 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed here this week overnight on a business trip. I had already made a reservation here before I saw a great review in the Dallas Morning News' Travel section about the W, so I was looking forward to my stay. The W lived up to the review. The young lady who helped with my car was very friendly. Halbert helped me with my room and was very friendly as well. He also made a great restaurant recommendation. The court yard was beautiful and has free WiFi. Can't beat the location. You're in the heart of things, but it's not loud. I'm heading back next week for business and will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 October 2012

My husband and I were in town for a fun weekend with friends and selected W French Quarter.

We had requested a "quieter" room and the front desk staff accommodated us by providing an interior room overlooking the pool.

We had also noticed a discrepancy with our room rate and after being told to contact management, the GM personally called us and corrected the situation. Exceptional customer service!

The hotel's location was perfect for walking to everything, the Concierge was very knowledgable about local restaurants, and the Acura car service was a nice amenity after walking all day long.

I recommend trying this property when staying in the French Quarter.

Room Tip: The rooms on floor 3 and up over the pool are quieter, however if a wedding or event is planned you...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Hello cmb32 -

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent experience at W French Quarter. It's great to hear such positive feedback about the service we provided, the location of the property and the amenities we offer. I hope you'll stay with us again in the future so we can continue to provide a wonderful escape for you.

Chicago
Reviewed 23 October 2012

What a great hotel! The renovated rooms are amazing! The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. You HAVE to try SoBou... I had it for dinner and breakfast and want more!

I cannot wait to return to this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012
Hello ChiBri -

I'm glad that you enjoyed your escape with us and that you liked the renovations! I have to agree that SoBou is fantastic and I'm always wanting more, too, every time I leave. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 October 2012

A former New Orleans resident who often goes back to visit, this has long been my favorite W hotel anywhere - small, boutique, fantastic service and one of the best courtyards in the French Quarter to hang out in and have special moments with friends and family. From the front desk staff (especially Halbert) to the bellmen, and Acura experience driver Daniel -- everyone is always pleasant and cheerful.

But now my stays are unexpectedly better - I was saddened when Bacco closed, but the revamp into new restaurant SoBou is simply sublime. If the revamp has a soul, it is embodied with-in 1940's glam cocktail-creationist Abigail behind the Bar. Being there for a trade show, the time to unwind was limited - but Miss Abigail serves equal parts of class & sass with her Sazeracs, and makes one of the best margaritas in the world (which I think she has won awards for!) She is sure to become a New Orleans Institution (so make sure you drop in and see her even if you aren;t staying there), and is ably assisted by her trusty southern-sidekick Austin (who isn't bad on the eyes himself).

Make sure you get in there while you can still grab a seat at the bar to witness the show firsthand - but I'm kicking you out of that bar-stool the next time I'm back in town!

Room Tip: Room 504 was fantastic, large and spacious, with a sexy bathroom.
1 Thank JamesJZ
Hello JamesJZ -

Thank you for posting such a glowing review of W French Quarter. We appreciate your continued loyalty to our property and are so pleased to hear that you like the new design and restaurant! I'll be sure to pass along the compliments to Abigail as you really hit the nail on the head. She's a fantastic bar chef and has been a wonderful addition to our team. And it sounds like you were in one of our Spectacular, penthouse-style rooms on the 5th floor. I'm glad that you enjoyed the spacious room! I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Jersey City
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Just got back from a 5-night stay at the W French Quarter. Let me first start off by saying this hotel is beautiful and embodies a modern take on the French Quarter without sacrificing the traditional FQ ambience. The location is amazing - 2 blocks from Canal Street and Bourbon Street in either direction and 3 blocks from Jackson Square. We stayed in the carriage house (top floor / mega room) which had a lovely balcony overlooking the courtyard. The courtyard is really beautiful - the pictures on the website and TripAdvisor don't lie. The staff was really good -- always friendly and extremely helpful.

I do want to end with a few words of caution for certain travelers though. First off, the bathroom was tiny--absolutely no place to put anything on the counter. Also, there was only a shower, no bath tub. This could be a deal breaker for some. It was pretty inconvenient for us and I wish I'd known in advance. Also, there was no wireless signal in our room. That was also inconvenient. I know these sound like minor things but after 5 days, it was pretty vexing. Third, and this will only be an issue for some, the music in the courtyard plays all day from 8 am to 8 pm and it is loud. If you treasure your afternoon naps, you might want to reconsider this room. To be fair, I'm not sure what it's like in the main part of the hotel, just a heads up for travelers considering the carriage house rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jbender
Hello jbender -

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent experience at W French Quarter. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments of the new design were really nice to read and it's always great to hear that our staff was helpful and attentive. Our carriage house rooms are some of the best on the property as they offer a more exclusive escape! I hope to welcome you back in the future. If there's anything that you need in the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me at wfqcservice@whotels.com.

Modena
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I totally agreed with Vicki review: that hotel does not give you the service for the cost you pay.
Coming from Italy for an exhibition, for some mistake my reservation in a different hotel (almost in front!) was not valid.
Then I was VERY LUCKY to find a room in that hotel. But that was ALL.
To resume:
- Bathroom: small, rusty on the piping, leaking from the taps, poor in accessories
- Noise from other rooms
- Coming back from the exhibition the room some time was not yet ready: we had to call the reception

I have been other times in some hotel in same area and I had similar service for less than half the price

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Hello maseratimo -

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the service you received while you were with us as I assure you we aim to exceed our guests expectations. I'd like to find out more about the room you were staying in so we can look into the situation as we take our guests' comments seriously. Please feel free to email me me at wfqcservice@whotels.com. I do sincerely apologize again for any inconveniences that you faced and hope that you'll reconsider staying with us again so we can turn your feelings around.

Graz
Reviewed 11 October 2012

W Hotel New Orleans is a centrally located hotel in New Orleans. It is walking distance to the French Quarter. The rooms are very clean, beds are very comfortable. Garden district is a short ride by tramway.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Hello Pintos_10,

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review of W New Orleans - French Quarter. I appreciate the great feedback and your business. I hope we can welcome you back on your next trip to New Orleans. We're here 24/7. Anything you need, just ask.