“Awesome Location!!!”

W New Orleans - French Quarter
Ranked #60 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
“Awesome Location!!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was there for a convention and the room we stayed in was amazing, so modern, comfy and very clean! Our valet, Qurtin and Mark were so nice, friendly and helpful with where to go eat and shop! Our waitress Whitney was amazing, she helped us pick thee best drinks and foods to eat while staying at the hotel. Also, I believe the lady that checked us in her name was Shawn, she was fantastic with trying to help us get rooms close to each other so our staff weren't staying so far from each other; she definitely went above and beyond our expectations. The staff I just mentioned literally made our experience at the W New Orleans impeccable! But the best part was the location, we were literally only a few blocks away from all shopping and restaurants! They have great boutiques and amazing restaurants right by the hotel!
Again to the staff I just mentioned above thank you all so very much for making our experience at your hotel and for the first time visiting New Orleans magnificent and memorable!!!
:) Cheryl

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, its so beautiful and relaxing!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cheryl T
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hello Cheryl T,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your praises to each of our staff members that you mentioned. They will be so grateful for your compliments. We love going above and beyond to meet the needs of our guests, and I am excited to hear when those efforts are noticed. We can't wait to have you back at W French Quarter upon your return to New Orleans! Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review for us on TripAdvisor.
James Wroblewski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
San Rafael, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I just stayed here during the first weekend of Jazz Fest. It was very conveniently located, in the heart of the French Quarter, but many touches were missing. The service was very uneven. The rooms were tiny, the gym not well maintained. Not what I expect from a W. The gym and pool never had clean towels....TV didn't work. Noisy pool with all night partying and middle of the night jumps in the pool. Terrible sleep. Some of the staff was very friendly, others looked unhappy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank antywet
Hello antywet,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your recent stay at W French Quarter. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us by posting a review for us on TripAdvisor. We take comments from our guests very seriously and welcome your feedback. We hope to see you again soon and welcome to opportunity to show you a better experience.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at the W last June for my sisters 21st birthday and had a great time! Both Chandler and Sebastian went out of their way to help us during our stay. Chandler had a bottle of champagne sent up and then later brought out a dessert to celebrate my sister birthday, it was a nice touch. I love the pool area, though small it is adorable. Get out there early if you want to grab a chair or the daybed because the area fills up quickly. You can order food/drinks from the restaurant inside or bring your own alcohol as well. We brought champagne and OJ one day to have mimosas by the pool.

They also have a car service that will bring you within a certain mile radius that we used one night to go to dinner in the Garden District. You have to call in advance to get an available time but we had no problem doing so even on a weekend.

It's in a quiet area of the French Quarter which is nice but you're still close enough to walk to everything in a few minutes. I plan on staying there again my next visit to New Orleans!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jamiebowen
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello Jamiebowen,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us and tell us about your stay last June for your sister's birthday! I'm glad to hear you had a great trip! We hope you will come back soon and celebrate with us again! We'd love to have you and look forward to welcoming you back.
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I spent my 25th birthday weekend here and I have no regrets. The welcome ambassador, Malik, was so friendly and helpful. He gave me a bottle of champagne to share with among my friends and gave us tips and directions to the hottest spots in the city (Btw, if you go to Oceana, he'll have a 10% coupon for ya). Overall, I had an amazing experience with this hotel and I'm already planning to come back for a concert. "Let the good times roll!!!"

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hello J_Ali_Smith,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I will pass along your praises to Malik! I'm sure he will be delighted to hear from you. I'm so glad you enjoyed your 25th birthday celebration! We hope to see you again upon your return to New Orleans and look forward to welcoming you back to WFQ!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is in the heart of the French Quarter, so the location couldn't be better. We arrived by car and did valet parking and the valet guys were very nice and efficient.

We went to the lobby to check in (which was empty at 8pm) and said we had a reservation. The front desk lady confirmed it and told us to wait, stating she would be right back. We stood alone for 15m in the lobby until she came back and offered no explanation for the waiting time. When you're paying $450 a night the least the hotel management could do is to train their front desk better and offer a better welcome to their guests.

The room was nice, a little bit dusty, a weird configuration but overall good. Our windows gave to inner courtyard so we didn't hear any noise from the crowds on the French Quarter. We were tired so ended up going to the hotel restaurant which is kind of a new restaurant in town. The food and service were good.

Overall, nothing can beat this location if you're looking to stay around the French Quarter and Nola attractions. Even though it's in a busy and noisy part of town we couldn't hear any noise in our room. The valet service was great and always cordial and apart from the check-in incident we had no further problems with the front desk and actually liked the hotel.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room away with windows away from the street
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank spdmatos
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hello spdmatos,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to the Crescent City. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you return! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and comments on TripAdvisor. We love hearing from our guests and are always looking for areas in which we can improve. Hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My Family stay was FANTASTIC! We travel all over the World and this Staff stands out! Shawn is the greatest! The Manager is very hands on and the professional courtesy just spread throughout! Mark the Lot Attendant was super helpful! Again, ask for Shawn at the front Desk and your Trip is guaranteed a great start! The Larry's had a blast at The W!

• Stayed April 2014
Hello Wadelarry,
I'm so happy to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us at W French Quarter! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I will pass along your praises to our staff! We can't wait to see you again upon your return to New Orleans and W French Quarter!
Warm regards,
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel has a foundation just not sure on management. Very inconsistent. Lovely outside courtyard and great location. Rooms need major deep cleaning, housekeeping just doing "spot" cleaning. Very very dusty behind doors and shutter blinds. Bathrooms not very clean. Due to being in French Quarter, has high volume I'm sure. Our arrival at 4:15 was met with room not ready? So apparently either understaffed or letting people check out late and room not getting a good cleaning. We had two day stay and on Saturday we came back to our room around 3:30, hadn't been cleaned yet. Housekeeping came about 4 and asked if we wanted service, I said bathroom and fresh towels. She handed me two towels; my first reaction was why didn't she just put in bathroom when she cleaned? Well, she didn't clean. She just took old towels, gave me two and left. She didn't leave a clean foot towel for the shower. If you saw the shower layout you'd know why this was extremely important to have. Also the walls and doors might as well not exist. You can hear any and everything as if folks in the hall are in your room. Zero sound proofing, and in NOLA after people stay out drinking, real hard to deal with at 2 or 3 am. All the employees were pleasant and nothing really was bad about the hotel other than the condition of the room which at $400 a night average is important.

Room Tip: Not sure one can, even those overlooking courtyard have thin walls and doors!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello rebfamily,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at W French Quarter. We take all of your comments and concerns seriously, as your experience with us is very highly valued. Thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to my attention, particularly the housekeeping concerns. I will relay these messages to my team and see that improvements are made. We hope you will return and stay with us again to allow us the chance to show you a better experience!