“French Quarter”

Ranked #78 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Carpentersville, Illinois
“French Quarter”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were there mid-Januay,very pleasant temps.Talked to one of the carridge drivers,while riding,one of the various trollies.Which we highly recommend. She added to our trip, suggestions of sights to see.If asked where you got your shoes? Answer-on your feet or on the ground.Very beautifull city.very nice people,even the hustlers.We will go again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello timothy t,
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to New Orleans! It sounds like you had a great time exploring the French Quarter! We hope you will return and stay with us again very soon at W French Quarter!
James Wroblewski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just a tad bit late on writing this review. Had the pleasure of staying here during Mardi Gras 2013 it's not my first time staying at a W hotel (Barcelona, San Diego) this hotel is of the smaller side but very New Orleans type feel. We drove in and parked the car using their valet service (I'll get back to that later) since everything we needed...Bourbon Street was in walking distance we had no need to move the car once.

Check in was quick and they recognized that I was an SPG member but no upgrade was offered which was fine since I'm sure it was sold out. Once we got to the room I immediately smelled a faint odor of Marijuana but paid it no attention thinking it may have been coming from a room next door. Since we wanted to hit the streets we dropped off our bags and headed out. Upon return later that evening the faint odor was now unbearable to the point I was getting a headache just from stepping in the room. My first thought was.....the maid didn't notice this when cleaning. I immediately called downstairs and the front desk gentlemen came up because I wanted him to witness it himself. He agreed and apologized and offered to move our room to the only available room which was a handicap accessible room across the hall. All in all the room worked out well even though the set up in the other room was more suitable.

When I booked the room I had made two separate reservations (points & pay) therefore checking out the first night and checking back in for another night. When checking in I made them aware of this therefore we didn't have any problems with staying in the room. Since I did this on the first night I received an email thanking us for our stay and hope that we would return. I found this ironic especially since there was no notation about the Marijuana odor and having to move rooms. So, I simply replied back explaining the entire situation. To my surprise I immediately received a response from the manager. Which I in turn replied back stating that I was still in the hotel now. A few seconds later she was on the phone asking if there was anything that they could do to make up for the inconvenience (I had a few suggestions) which she complied with. This had truly made up for the problems or at least I thought.

After checking out and getting the car from valet....remind you we never moved the car there was a dent in the fender. My friend had to go through hoops in order to get them to be liable for the damages.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nybella36
whotelsnola, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello Nybella36 -

Thank you for staying with us over Mardi Gras in 2013 and for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your stay. It sounds like the situations that you encountered were resolved, which I'm happy to hear. If there's anything else that we can do for you, please email us at wfqcservice@whotels.com. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

As a business traveler who frequently visits NOLA, I've stayed at the W in the Quarter many times. This week's trip and the exceptional service I received from Lindsay at check in made me feel like I was at my second home. She remembered that I had recently taken a vacation and our chat made me feel better after an extremely complicated travel day related to bad weather. The following evening, W staff put a thoughtful card in my room to welcome me back and this gesture brightened my day. In addition, each morning for breakfast, the hotel restaurant's manager, Trey, took the time to make sure all was well with my stay and provided exceptional service on top of the excellent service from the servers.

As difficult as it is to leave home most weeks for work, the W French Quarter is a home away from home that makes me feel like family. I highly recommend this W to anyone who wants an excellent hotel experience!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello Gerardo G,
I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoy your frequent visits to W French Quarter! I can assure you, we love having you. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor. We love hearing from our loyal guests and can't wait to have you back!
USA
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived late at night and the front desk was so friendly and helpful in upgrading our room and showing us maps of the area.
I think we stayed in a spectacular room- it was on the 5th (top) floor and it had a very nice bed, plenty of storage and lighting, and a lovely bathroom. It was kept very clean each day and it was very quiet, even considering the location right on Chartres street.
The location can't be beat for being close to Frenchmen street, Royal and Bourbon, Jackson Square, Cafe du Monde, etc.
We didn't use the (very small) pool, but we did sit in the courtyard one night and that was very nice. Great stay- would definitely stay here again when I return to New Orleans!

Room Tip: The 5th floor room we had looking onto Chartres street was great!
Hello Amy522,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us on TripAdvisor and tell us about your stay! We love hearing from all of our guests and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to W French Quarter very soon!
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Location superb, within walking distance from most of the best attraction places you would like to see. Room immaculate thanks to Tiffany, never forgot things I needed. Parking attendants, Rashid, Quinton, & Mark, smiles and great directions always. Bar, Abigail, Brian, Jane and Ellye, a team not to be missed super personalities and NICE DRINKS. Addie at SoBou, informed and very attentive. Welcome Office, Lorenz great suggestions and service. BUT TOPNOTCH PRIZE GOES TO MS. STACI WORTHMAN, WELCOME OFFICE, THERE WAS NOT A PROBLEM THAT COULD NOT BE SOLVED TO OUR SATISFACTION EVER. SUPER PERSONALITY, GREATEST SMILE ON THE QUARTER. Highly recommended specially the Brandy Punch!! ;0)

Room Tip: Actually all rooms are very nice. Patio views better.
Hello Marcia S,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and praises of our staff. I will pass along your comments to them all. We look forward to having your return to stay with us again!
Hammonton, NJ
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A good hotel should compliment your vacation. The W sure did that for us. During the days and nights we saw New Orleans. Great food, great music, great people! The rest of the time, especially the time in between our tourist activities, The W was there to meet our needs, to welcome us. The location was perfect. Most activities were within walking distance.

From the first staff member we encountered at the front desk, Nick, to the last, Nick again,the staff couldn't have been more friendly and attentive. They all seemed to really enjoy working there.You could feel the good vibes as soon as you walked in. we ate in the restaurant (very good), drank in the 2 bars, (also very good). The staff there does the little things right.It was a pleasure being there! We will definitely return to New Orleans , and when we do we'll return to The W.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello rickn32058,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit! I will pass along your compliments and praises to our staff - Nick especially. We can't wait to have you back to W French Quarter during your return to the Big Easy!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the W in the French Quarter during a recent visit to New Orleans over a long weekend, and we loved our stay--from the hotel's impeccable service to its snappy bartenders to its small but nice pool. We were not disappointed. Best of all, it provided us with a romantic getaway amid all of New Orleans noise and bustle.

Initially, I was worried about staying in a hotel inside the French Quarter, but this particular W is far enough from Bourbon Street and on a quieter side street that it's not too rowdy at night. We also lucked out by getting a room facing the inner courtyard and pool (which I would request again). The room was nicely decorated, stocked with Bliss products and comfortable linens.

What impressed us most, however, was the excellent level of service: from the front desk to the bellhops to the concierge to the bartenders. Everyone working there answered our questions about directions, restaurants, etc. with ease and went out of their way to say hello and ensure our comfort. I would certainly stay here again.

We didn't try the restaurant or fitness center, so I have no idea how either stack up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inner courtyard instead of the street.
Hello N C,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm thrilled to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and service. I will see that they all hear your praises. We love going above and beyond for all of our guests, and nothing thrills me more than to hear that those efforts do not go unnoticed.
We hope to see you both again soon!!
Warm regards,