“Young man's exceptional service”

W New Orleans - French Quarter
Ranked #68 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Quentin, at the W New Orleans, was an exceptional young man with a great attitude and a smile as wide the the Mississippi River just a few blocks away; he made me feel like a good friend was taking care of me. I often wonder what will become of an exceptional young man, providing outstanding service, when they reach their goals. I see this young graduate leading people, as most anyone would follow this man because of his ability to make people feel good. Good luck to you Quentin, I am sure you will accomplish anything with your attitude for service. Thank you.

Room Tip: This location was just perfect, but the internet service was below poor, as a matter of fact, it sim...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello james r,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at W French Quarter. I will most definitely pass along your outstanding praises to Quentin. I'm sure he will be delighted. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and compliments with us. We hope to see you again soon!
James Wroblewski

Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I like staying at W's this one was a bit different than most. I guess it is because it was converted from old hotel. The W "living room" was tiny, not what I have been accustomed to. Do not like that anyone can walk off the street and gain access to room floors considering where it's located. The location to everything is great.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Dave E

Hello Dave E,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you back soon! Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us and provide us with your feedback. We value and appreciate it.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have not been to every W hotel in the US only 90% of them. That said , we all know what to come expect of the W Brand. This W I found unique in that it had only 97 rooms, an amazing courtyard and with a real "NOLA" vibe to it as oppose big building big city hotel scene. The pool was charming but not too big to attract an outside party scene. Some W hotels leverage the pool to attract "bottle service guests" which is ok if that's what you are looking for. With bourbon st and Frenchman st. fairly close bottle service at the hotel was not what we were into. Drinks at the hotel bar were excellent and Christian who worked the pool bar was always there when we needed something. Tom at SoBou was helpful in recommending other cuisine close by and assisting us in local night spots. Staci at the front desk accommodated a few requests and set the tone for our stay. Thank you Staci and Lorenz.

Maybe this is just "southern hospitality", or that's how they do in "nawlins" but this staff and property will be my go to as long as I find my self in NOLA. One the best domestic W hotel experiences I have had since my first 12 years ago.

Room Tip: Ask for the studio suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank YanksIsles88

Hello Yankslsles88,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans and for taking the time to post such a fabulous review for us on TripAdvisor! We appreciate all of your praises and hope to see you again soon. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our staff members. We love going above and beyond to meet the needs of all of our guests, and I'm glad to hear when those efforts do not go unnoticed. We look forward to welcoming you back to W French Quarter!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Downstairs the usual W panache, though the reception greeting obviously scripted and less than sincere. The room I was given on the 5th floor was dreadful, very gloomy, industrial, a tiny window, thick mat mustard paint on walls and ceilings and black fraying carpets. Furniture that was scratched and generally shabby. Breakfast was adequate and reasonably priced though the choice was very limited and service slow. Location in the French quarter is good but that's all they have. No room or bar service after 10 pm, I would say this is a 3,star experience at 5 star prices.

Room Tip: Absolutely do not accept a room on the 5 th floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FruitTrader
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello FruitTrader,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your recent stay at W French Quarter. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay as we value all of our guests feedback, and we are constantly looking for ways in which we can improve our guest experience. We hope you will return and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Let me start by saying next time we will spend the majority of time at this hotel. We like to go to a location and check out many different locations. The check in process was seemless our room was ready. The staff offered us a welcome drink which was tasty and put us in the mood for an afternoon of shopping. Great shops are located on the same street. The pool was nice and the service prompt in asking if we needed anything. The inner courtyard is really nice to just relax.

Room Tip: Inner courtyard are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Supertier,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we thank you for taking the time to post a review for us on TripAdvisor! It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your trip to the Big Easy! We look forward to welcoming you back to W French Quarter upon your return visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had the most wonderful time at this W property. A very special thanks to Alvin, Mark, Felicia and Janet. Highly recommended. Room on Chartes was quiet and perfect. Pool service was excellent. Stay here for a different kind of New Orleans experience. A unique kind of fun away from Bourbon.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hello Justinmbuck,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm so happy to hear you and your girlfriend had a wonderful time at W French Quarter! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and praise our staff members. I will pass along your compliments to Alvin, Mark, Felicia and Janet. We look forward to welcoming you back to W French Quarter upon your return to the city!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were there mid-Januay,very pleasant temps.Talked to one of the carridge drivers,while riding,one of the various trollies.Which we highly recommend. She added to our trip, suggestions of sights to see.If asked where you got your shoes? Answer-on your feet or on the ground.Very beautifull city.very nice people,even the hustlers.We will go again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello timothy t,
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to New Orleans! It sounds like you had a great time exploring the French Quarter! We hope you will return and stay with us again very soon at W French Quarter!