“Great choice for my destination wedding guests”

Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites
Ranked #117 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great choice for my destination wedding guests”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I recently had a destination wedding in New Orleans. This hotel was a fun, affordable, and charming choice for my wedding guests. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were nice overall and if there were any problems with the rooms (broken fridge or safe), they worked hard to correct it. The set-up of the hotel with many small hotels with courtyards made it a good environment for all the guests to hang out with each other and for the kids to play outside. The pool was a good size and depth. My husband and I stayed in 3 different suites over 6 nights and they were all very comfortable but the porches/hallways around the suites could use some remodeling. The Degas Suite (Honeymoon Suite) was my favorite. The Mardi Gras Suite was also good but could use a few touch ups in the bathrooms and better access to get to it after the lobby closes (had to be buzzed in after 10p). We also used 1 of the meeting rooms for a poker night and the salon for an afterparty after the reception and these rooms were very nice. We partied until 4 am in the salon (separate from guest area) then took the party next door to the St. Charles Tavern which stays open 24 hr and has good food. Overall we had a great experience and with a few minor fixes this hotel could be even better. We love the Garden District and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Bret C, Manager at Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay with us! We are happy to be a part of your very special day! Thank you for providing us with feedback and comments on the staff and hotel. We sincerely appreciate it and hope to see you in New Orleans soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Bastrop, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was my first time at the Maison St Charles. I called the front desk for more towel for swimming. I was really cranky, the front desk person remained calm and pleasant. He had the towels at our room in less than 3 minutes. I called the desk again to ask where the ice machine was (I was flying my broom). Again the clerk was calm and friendly. When we checked out I asked who this clerk was and found his name was Johnell. Wonder staffing, wonderful service, great suite. The only disappointment was that the Jacuzzi was not working. I would definitely stay there again. Oh yes, the restaurant on premise is to die for. ;-)

Room Tip: Get a suite, it's more than worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
On behalf of the hotel, I want to thank you for providing us with comments! I have shared your comments with our Front Desk Manager and we have definitely made sure to recognize Johnell for the superior service he provided you. We have also repaired our hot tub so it should be ready for your next visit!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great location to easily access the streetcar transportation or walking distance to food. We go in really early so the first front desk lady was helpful with holding our bags while we went back out since our room wasn't ready. We called back when we were still out to check on room status and different front desk customer service was on the borderline of being rude every time I asked about something. Finally got checked in and found two live roaches in the bathroom within an hour of checking in. Hairs in the bathtub that definitely did not belong to us. While waiting for my room to get ready I overheard another guest reporting that she had some gold earrings stolen out of her suit case. We kept the do not disturb sign on the door and declined housekeeping service to hopefully avoid this. Highlights: location, comfortable spacious room (we had a king suite on second floor), fridge/microwave in room, really comfortable beds. Lows: cleanliness in room including layers of dust on baseboards behind nightstands (saw it as I was looking for electrical outlets), walls thin (definitely hear your neighbors), women's Lobby bathroom had a very bad smell, like sewage, wifi Internet spotty and slow.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank folk108
Bret C, Manager at Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you for letting us know how we are doing! Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel for the experience you had while staying with us. I have personally passed along your comments to the respective department managers to prevent this from happening again. We do hope that you will visit us again when coming back to New Orleans.
La Habra, CA,United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The front desk girls are amazing. they went above and beyond to help me out. The rooms were beautiful and purple (my favorite color). Bathroom was a bit small. Dog friendly. Well worth the price. Took the trolley across the street form the hotel to French Quarter. If you are traveling with a Uhaul just be aware of one way streets and they have a big parking lot but we were better off parking on the street.

Room Tip: 4 adults and 1 dog could fit in 2 queen bedrooms. good enough space. never felt crowded.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Our Front Desk Manager was excited to read the comments on our Front Desk Staff! We are happy that they provided you with superior service! We are beginning bathroom renovations soon and we hope that you will come back to visit once they are complete. I believe you will be impressed! Thank you for taking time to review the hotel. We sincerely appreciate it!
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

AC cold, rooms clean if painted in funky color. Staff-beyond great- helpful, friendly, they make the trip. Affordable, right on the Trolly line and minutes away from the French Quarter. Definitely a choice when staying in NOLA.

• Stayed August 2013
Our management staff was delighted to read your comments on the hotel! We are definitely proud that the staff treated you well and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you the next time you are in New Orleans!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I booked this hotel through a discount travel site and when I tell you that me and my husband were thoroughly impressed with what we received we definitely were. The room was clean, spacious and very cool (the airconditioner worked perfectly). My husband and I decided that we wanted authentic Nawlins' food because if it's one thing we simply love about New Orleans its the food, drinks and atmosphere so we asked our front desk crew for suggestions and Johnell told us exactly where to go. We were so impresed with the location that we eat there the entire weekend!!!

Johnell was awesome with his recommendations regarding a great place to eat, great places to visit while we were in the city and information on how to maximize our time while enjoying the atmosphere of New Orleans.

My husband and I would definitely stay in this hotel again and hopefully Johnell will still be there welcoming us back :0)

Room Tip: Request a room that is located on an upper level floor (the view of the courtyard is better). The ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for all of the great feedback provided! It helps to ensure to make everyone's stay as great as yours was. We are happy that Johnell gave you awesome recommendations while visiting the city! We sincerely appreciate your time and hope to see you soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed here for an extremely brief visit to New Orleans, and found it very nice. I booked through an online discount site and got a great deal on the price.
It's an older hotel, but our room was nicely decorated with a spacious king-size bed and plenty of pillows. After checking in, we walked through a courtyard to our room, which was in a separate building. The courtyard was pretty, and the whole atmosphere made it feel like we were in a special place, not just a generic nice hotel that could have been anywhere in the world.
Front desk staff members were pleasant and helpful, suggesting a reasonably priced restaurant within walking distance that we thoroughly enjoyed.
The St. Charles Streetcar line stops just across from the hotel, and in my opinion that's the best bargain in New Orleans: $1.25 per person.
Continental breakfast begins at 6:30 a.m., and we had to leave for the train station at 6, so we didn't get a chance to see what they offer for breakfast.
I definitely felt we got our money's worth, and I would consider staying there again on my next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Bret C, General Manager at Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Maison St. Charles. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our unique atmosphere. We hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you next time you are in New Orleans.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Central Business District
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter
Historic Streetcar Inn
#137 of 163 in New Orleans

Been to Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!