“Charming”

Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites
Ranked #121 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a very unique property with several quirky things about it. It was perfect for our fist night in New Orleans. and the price was right. The check in staff was more than friendly and gave us several recommendations of things to do during our stay and how to get around. There was good security/locked gates. Parking was extra, I believe $18 and was at a different lot across the street. The property has so much character, with several buildings offering southern architecture, a lovely brick courtyard, garden pool, painted murals, free breakfast with many choices of seating indoor or out. The room decor was unusual and had a New Orleans flavor. the staff was wonderful. After a dinner out, we stopped by the front desk to say that our room did not have any shampoo. It was delivered before we even got back to our room. The breakfast had a good variety. The eggs were processed patties but tasted fine. The outside paint was not really up to date but I enjoyed the oldness of the place.

Room Tip: we enjoyed being in the main courtyard building but rooms in other sections looked to have their plu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Bret C, General Manager at Maison St. Charles Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The room was clean, the staff was friendly, and the hotel is in a great location near the street cars, restaurants, and pubs! The courtyards near the rooms offer a relaxing place to socialize while watching the kids swim.

1  Thank Jolyn M

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Maison St Charles and we look forward to being your hotel of choice on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place is amazing. On arrival the reception staff were very helpful and polite. I booked two rooms. Both rooms were very clean and well presented. The courtyards were also very clean and well maintained. The location could not be better. My only concern was the cost of parking my hire car. But I guess you are in New Orleans and parking is a premium. Overall I would definitely stay here agian.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank UKoutcast

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Your kind words are truly appreciated. Our staff will also be delighted to learn that you enjoyed their service. Thank you for staying at the Maison St. Charles We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I'm not coming back. There were little flying bugs in my room. I probably swatted at least 20. Room 214. One of the beds was "severely" sunken in in the center. And the shower: ZERO LATHER. The water was too hard, I guess. Also, PARKING IS FREE IF YOU HAVE AAA. They won't tell you, however.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
1  Thank skadeosg

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the issue you mention on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my department heads to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

One of the better Quality Inns I have stayed at. Front desk staff very helpful. Location for value is fantastic. Can take the trolley for easy access to Garden District or downtown. Buffet breakfast adequate not a gourmet, but your not paying a gourmet room rate. For me it is a good deal!

Room Tip: Rooms toward the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 630bedman

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay a Maison St Charles. We are thrilled you had a great experience and enjoyed the location. We appreciate your compliments regarding the front desk staff. We do hope to welcome you back on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

First of all, let me say when we checked in, the young lady at the desk could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The decor and courtyards, etc were everything we expected and more for a stay in New Orleans - so quaint! My girls loved its charm! And the location couldn't have been better! Emeril's was across the street with a streetcar stop was right in front of the hotel. That being said, the hotel just needs a bit more upkeep and attention to detail. We stayed in room 214 and the carpet behind the chair had not been vacuumed, there was hair on the bathroom mirror, and the small fridge was on the floor, making it hard to open/shut. My youngest daughter and I slept together in one of the beds and we had to put a row of pillows between us so that we wouldn't roll into the middle of the bed. The bed was HORRIBLE - the mattress should have been tossed out many years ago! My older daughter slept alone in the other bed and said it was fine. We did enjoy our stay... good thing we were tired out from walking and I brought Tylenol PM with me!

Room Tip: Check your bed before moving into your room!
1  Thank dwright63

We appreciate you taking the time to tell other guest about your stay at the Maison St. Charles. I’m pleased to know that our hotel is in a great location and that you enjoyed our beautiful courtyards and that the front desk agents were helpful and friendly. I would like to apologize about the issue you experience during your stay, we have been working on our improvements, which are just about complete! We hope you will be back again soon to see the end product. Once again thank you for choosing to stay at the Maison St Charles.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is by far the nicest Quality Inn and I have stayed in many over the years.
The room appeared to be newly renovated. I had a very spacious 2 queen bed room with comfortable beds. I wish I didn't have my cat with me so I could have taken advantage of the free suite upgrade.
The front office staff was very attentive and answered all of my questions. They will give you a map of the grounds which was very helpful.
I also noticed several staff members on the grounds to help answer questions.
The hotel is located on the trolly line which will take you right to the intersection of Canal and Burbon street.
Pets are allowed but I thought the 50 dollar fee per night is a bit steep in my opinion.
There is parking at 17 dollars per night. The lot is convieniently located on either side of th hotel with plenty of spots available.
Overall, I will definitely be staying in this hotel next time I am in New Orleans.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for leaving such lovely comment. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Maison St. Charles. Also, thank you for recognizing our staff we pride our self in making sure each guest stay is a memorable one. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future