“Very informative” 4 of 5 bubbles

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Very informative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

My 11 year daughter and I on the recomendation of the hotel concierge booked a tour of the # 1 cemetary. Our tour guide, Mark was very imformatitive. Answered questions with knowledge and professionalism. Even questions about Katrina. My daughter even came away with some understanding of he cemetarys. Highly recommend Mark as a tour guide.

Visited April 2011

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hope you get a good guide. We didn't!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

Our group was so large that it was divided into 2 tours. I guess we drew the short straw. The male guide we had was so boring that I cant even remember his name. He mumbles and covered his mouth so much that you couldn't even hear what he was saying. He waved his cane around like a lunatic. He was so distracting with erratic movements that it was difficult to understand what little of his information you could hear.
Others in our group would cry for help from the other tours in hopes they could go with them. No such luck. Finally several in our group were so mad that they just looked for a place to get away from the misery. I think there were only 5 left by the end. Then the guide left us in the French Quarter somewhere unknown and just walked away.
I have spoken to some people that were in the other half of the tour. They said it was wonderful.
If you endure this tour I can only hope that you get a guide that you can hear and is interesting. As for me and my family I felt it was a waste of money and time.

Visited March 2011
3 Thank wall00
Music City, USA
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“A tour is only as good as the guide. Ask for Mike.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

Reviews of tours like these are really reviews about the guides. All of the tours take you to the same places, and tell you pretty much the same stories. Sure there's some variation, but in the end, it's all about the guide. We did the ghost tour with Mike. He was excellent. He knew the stories, told them well, and didn't do any of the creepy stuff some of the others reviewing Magic experienced, like touching people to scare them or hitting on the drunk girls in the group. I'd very much do other Magic tours and would work my schedule around to be in groups led by Mike.

The size was nice too. It was a busy night landing right between Mardi Gras and St. Patrick's Day, but they kept our group to about 12 people. Other tours we saw out had as many as 30. that really helps make the tour much more enjoyable. You can hear the guide without him/her having to shout and pretty much ruining the hushed creepiness of night time in the French Quarter.

We had kids as young as 8 in the group. They did just fine. It was fun watching them get creeped out when Mike would say something about the doorway they happened to be standing next to. I don't think I'd bring kids much younger than that, well, not if you ever want them to sleep again.

Visited March 2011
Killeen, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Save your Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

I went to the 8pm tour on mardi gra weekend worst mistake of my trip. A few girls were really drunk on the tour and were told to be quite about 20 times during the tour. A couple was fighting and the gf was cursing. Remind you there were small children on this tour.
The tour guide walter was really rude and I really felt he was running and a group of 20 of us were falling behind. I basically felt like I was running. There was a really drunk woman being annoying and laughing over anything while were trying to hear the tour guide speak.
When I asked about the building I was not given a response just a blank stare.
When we ended the tour I asked for directions of where we started at so I could find my car. I was given the wrong directions. Don't waste your money bad service bad tour. Not recommended for children

Visited February 2011
3 Thank samalonzo
connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Awful. Save your money and time!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

I've been on a lot of walking tours of various cities, including new orleans. We chose this one because there was a discount coupon in a flyer in the tourist office. The pamphlet said something to the effect that they wouldn't insult our intelligence by cheap gimmicks and that all the guides were professional.
Our guide insulted our intelligence from the word "Go". We lasted about 1/2 the tour ( and that long only because my friend was not anxious to make a scene by leaving earlier).
Our guide ran a continuous monologue that primped his own feathers, was filled with dated jokes about how drunk everyone was, and nearly continuous lascivious comments aimed at the young pretty (and drunkish) girls in the group. At one point, during a monologue in poor taste about a murderer who liked prostitutes, he reached out to a girl near him and ran his finger slowly from her ear to her neck and shoulder, and down her arm. He then mentioned that this murderer liked women's thighs and he made a 'fake' grab toward one of hers. I cannot believe that this happened... It was digusting and it was shortly after this that we walked.
There was no intelligent information here. We completely wasted that money. Please don't make the same mistake. Choose another tour, there are lots.
AWFUL!!!