“Save your Money”

Killeen, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Save your Money”
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I went to the 8pm tour on mardi gra weekend worst mistake of my trip. A few girls were really drunk on the tour and were told to be quite about 20 times during the tour. A couple was fighting and the gf was cursing. Remind you there were small children on this tour.
The tour guide walter was really rude and I really felt he was running and a group of 20 of us were falling behind. I basically felt like I was running. There was a really drunk woman being annoying and laughing over anything while were trying to hear the tour guide speak.
When I asked about the building I was not given a response just a blank stare.
When we ended the tour I asked for directions of where we started at so I could find my car. I was given the wrong directions. Don't waste your money bad service bad tour. Not recommended for children

Visited February 2011
3 Thank samalonzo

connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Awful. Save your money and time!”
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I've been on a lot of walking tours of various cities, including new orleans. We chose this one because there was a discount coupon in a flyer in the tourist office. The pamphlet said something to the effect that they wouldn't insult our intelligence by cheap gimmicks and that all the guides were professional.
Our guide insulted our intelligence from the word "Go". We lasted about 1/2 the tour ( and that long only because my friend was not anxious to make a scene by leaving earlier).
Our guide ran a continuous monologue that primped his own feathers, was filled with dated jokes about how drunk everyone was, and nearly continuous lascivious comments aimed at the young pretty (and drunkish) girls in the group. At one point, during a monologue in poor taste about a murderer who liked prostitutes, he reached out to a girl near him and ran his finger slowly from her ear to her neck and shoulder, and down her arm. He then mentioned that this murderer liked women's thighs and he made a 'fake' grab toward one of hers. I cannot believe that this happened... It was digusting and it was shortly after this that we walked.
There was no intelligent information here. We completely wasted that money. Please don't make the same mistake. Choose another tour, there are lots.
AWFUL!!!

2 Thank jng06
Greenville, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great tour - no gimmicks”
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I absolutely loved the Ghosts, Voodoo, and Haunts tour. I selected Magic Tours because I didn’t want the more theatrical (cheesy) outings that some other companies offer. I like that MT uses history to put these chilling tales in context. NOLA has some very curious occurrences, there is no reason to use gimmicks to throttle up the fear factor.

Our guide Michael was very professional. He answered questions and shared tidbits about living in New Orleans.

I went home a little spooked and a lot more knowledgeable about the city’s history.

1 Thank Angela M
Squamish, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I'm a self-guided and usually self-sufficient traveller, so the only reason I took a tour of St Louis cemetery #1 was safety in numbers. As it turned out, I would have probably been fine on my own safety-wise - it was broad daylight in the blazing heat, with a few small groups of people here and there - but I'm really glad I took the tour because I learned a great deal about the city as well as the cemetery. Our guide, Mike Sullivan, was very well-versed in the history of the city and gave us a summary on the way to the cemetery, and welcomed the nerdy questions I kept asking. We were not choked with too much information about any one thing, and covered a lot of ground. I can remember most of what was said - a good sign of a good tour. On the way back we stopped at a visitor center housed in a former train/streetcar station and got a satellite map-guided overview of what Katrina did to the city, and why. So it was easily much more than a tour of the cemetery, and well worth the $20 and tips that Mike never hinted at, and accepted very modestly.

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Book with another tour company.”
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We visited New Orleans Memorial Day weekend in 2010. Our tour started 15 minutes behind schedule because we had to wait for late people. Our tour guide then spent another 15 minutes talking about his qualifications as a tour guide, how he had the local police on speed dial in case something bad happened, and general useless info. Finally 30 minutes into the tour we actually start off. The reason we booked this tour is because we were told it covered voodoo info. It did not at all. We did see 6 or so different haunted sites. But when you throw in the 30 minutes of the wasted time already mentioned above, the 15 minute drink/potty break we took half way in, and the 15 minute description of the movie "Interview with a Vampire" at the end we figured we wasted a whole hour. Our guide was overly dramatic and would at times yell and wave his hands around. It was a bit uncomfortable watching him. We were very disappointed. We definitely do not recommend this tour.

2 Thank Duffy101