“Truly Dreadful” 1 of 5 bubbles

Description: Located in the French Quarter
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Truly Dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

The worst place we ate on our recent trip to New Orleans. The only thing worse than the food is the service. Between sitting down, ordering and receiving drinks, and placing and receiving our order we were there over an hour and a half and the place was empty. The bartender and waitress just stood around chatting instead of making our drinks or pretty much doing anything. When we finally got our food it was terrible. I ordered pulled pork nachos but they didn't have pulled pork on them, they were covered in cheap chili that tasted like it came from a can. The chicken sandwich wasnt much better. The prices were high considering the quality of the food.

1 Thank SGtravelgal

mpls
“Service so bad we left!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

Ordered drinks, and then watched the bartender make the first one. She then stopped and started talking to all of the people at the bar. She made no drinks for 10 minutes while the first one sat there and had the ice melt. When someone asked us how we were doing, the girl in charge actually told my wife not to give her any attitude. We at that point left, 2 other groups of 4 each left at the same time we did. They hadnt been contacted at all and they sat at they same time as us. The bartender actually pointed at me and laughed as we left. This place was not even remotely busy when this happened. I can take a lot of crap, but I wont put up with that. I would be just as happy with a Lucky Dog.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank newtoorleans
New Orleans,LA
“Love their Wednesday Special!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

I'm from New Orleans and I work in the CBD. Every Wednesday I go there to get the special. It's a 8oz steak with fries and veggies for 5.95! I love it but I'll be honest. It does depend on the cook that day because I've been disappointed once or twice. Other than that is always good!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, TX
“Truly awful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2009

The only thing worse than the food at this place is the service...and the food is terrible.

I am usually pretty easy to please. It takes quite a bit to make me gripe about a restaurant. That said, this was probably the worst dining experience of my life.

Visited on a Sunday around noon. The first thing my group noticed were flat screen TVs that are hung at a 45-degree angle. This looked cool for about a nanosecond; at that point, it became clear that it was pretty stupid. Have you ever tried tilting your head at an uncomfortable angle to watch a game? I don't recommend it.

Took a look at the menu and was surprised at the pricing. Seemed a bit expensive, but I guess that's to be expected in the French Quarter; no problem if the food is worth it. I decided on the $12.95 Jambalaya and the Jalapeno Poppers. 15 minutes after making my order, the waitress returned and said that they didn't have any more of the poppers. No problem, chose to go with the Crawfish Balls. Naturally, they didn't arrive until after my entree...and the entree didn't arrive for another 20 minutes.

After half of my table had been served sporatically over the course of the previous 10 minutes, I received my jambalaya. Have you ever taken leftover jambalaya home from a restaurant and left it uncovered in the refrigerator for a week? Well, that's exactly what this garbage looked like. It also had two traditional cajun toppings, obviously passed down from generation to generation in Louisiana family recipes - FRESH CUT TOMATOES AND JALAPENOS. Seriously? Maybe you can put some nacho cheese in my gumbo next time, you clowns. To top it all off, the portion was about a cup and a half of food. The portion was pathetic, the flavor was nauseating and I hadn't even seen my appetizer yet.

One of the guys at my table was still waiting on his meal a few minutes after I had received mine. He also ordered the jambalaya, so I think he may have been secretly hoping they forgot about him. Well, they did. When my Crawfish Balls arrived (also not very good), he asked the waitress about his meal. She said she would check on it. For the next 20 minutes, she walked past our table without even bothering to look at us. We finally asked the manager about it. He said he would check on it. That was the last time we saw him. My friend never got his meal.

We got our tab when our waitress was informed by another waitress that we were ready to pay our bill, as our waitress never bothered to come back for refills or any kind of service. Great job!

Some of the guys had ordered bloody marys. They were $10 a pop. A not-so-surprising surprise, as everything else about this place had been horrid - why not the drink prices?

I really don't think this place could have been much worse. Avoid it at all costs.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Frontlinewinner
Kansas City, KS
“Chateau Moanet Voila is EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

We were very happy with everything from the food to the service! My husband and I were vacationing with our 2 children and if you have ever been to New Orleans with kids you know that you are very limited on the places you can eat. Everything was very reasonably priced and the menu had a good variety of items to choose from. My husband and I both ordered the steak special which was only $7.95. That is an incredible price especially in the French Quarter. Take my advice and give it a try you won't be disappointed! By the way I found this here just under Voila, but the restaurants name is actually Chateau Moanet Voila.