“A New Fan”

and up
French Quarter History Tour
Ranked #15 of 352 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Jamie Hayes Gallery offers a unique selection of Jamie's New Orleans style Art Prints, Children’s Books, T-Shirts, Tote Bags, Aprons and Fine Art. His popular themes include Kitties, Music, Mardi Gras and NOLA style designs.
Mountain View, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A New Fan”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stumbled on this gallery after dinner one night in NOLA and were so impressed with the unique and prolific arts and crafts throughout the store that we've returned three times in three days of our visit. In the latest visit we got to meet Jamie who signed one of his pieces for my daughter.

The selection of cute, unique and hand crafted "souvenir" voodoo dolls are made by his artisans locally, not in Asia like all the other dolls in the other stores. Best yet, they were amazingly affordable for handcrafted, authentic pieces. Extra props to the wonderful lady helping us each time who warmly greeted us and told us a bit about Jamie's history. I think we will be seeing a lot more of Jamie's art all over.

Visited December 2013

Austin, Texas, USA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Super cute.”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Super cute stuff. Great for the non-alcohol related souvenir gift I needed for my daughter. Lady that helped us was very patient and helpful. Authentic feeling shop with unique items. Definately a relief from the typical NOLA junk souvenir shops.

Visited October 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The place to buy art in Nola”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

If you want great authentic art from New Orleans I would recommend this gallery. All of his prints are signed and numbered. There is also a lady that makes very interesting jewelry.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Erin M
Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“When in New Orleans, this is a MUST stop :-)”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

While meandering through Jackson square, I noticed a unique gallery (there are so many here!) that had an artist signing! Walking through the shop, I began to understand this artist's creations. More than just a splash of paint on a canvas, he presents so much more in every piece. Very friendly and amazing to talk to, this was by far the 'cherry on top' to my shopping. Highly recommend this artist as I purchased several myself!

Visited September 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Must see gallery!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We've been fans of Jamie's artwork for years, and are lucky enough to own several great pieces. The artwork celebrates color, food, culture, music, history, and adventure, all of those things that mix together to make NOLA such a unique place. If ever there was an artist and a city made for each other...

One of the great things is that Jamie's art is so accessible. For just a few bucks, you can pick up a colorful print suitable for framing, or you can work your way up to unique one-of-a-kind pieces.

And the fabric sculpture, including voodoo dolls, fantastic creatures, big lips dolls, etc must be seen!

Jamie's artwork never fails to draw a response from guests visiting our home or office.

Don't overlook the fun books and music for sale in the gallery too.

And if you stop in, check to see if Jamie's working in his studio there. We stopped in for a visit, and my daughter, who loves to draw, showed Jamie a sketch that was inspired by his artwork. He spend quite a bit of time with her, sharing drawing tips, and even gave her a favorite pen to use in her drawing. What an inspiration that was.

Thanks, Jamie. We'll be back soon!

Visited October 2012