“Love this gallery!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
French Quarter History Tour
Ranked #15 of 333 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Jamie Hayes Gallery offers a unique selection of Jamie's New Orleans style Art Prints, Children’s Books, Dolls and Fine Art. His popular themes include Kitties, Music, Mardi Gras and NOLA style designs.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Love this gallery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We have two Jamie Hayes prints. His work is very colorful and has good representations of all things New Orleans. Interesting fact is that Jamie is colorblind! Most of the work is signed. He has more than just prints. Lots of jewelry, apparel, dolls. All very colorful. Gallery is located at 621 Chartres Street and is a must stop!

Visited December 2013

Mountain View, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A New Fan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stumbled on this gallery after dinner one night in NOLA and were so impressed with the unique and prolific arts and crafts throughout the store that we've returned three times in three days of our visit. In the latest visit we got to meet Jamie who signed one of his pieces for my daughter.

The selection of cute, unique and hand crafted "souvenir" voodoo dolls are made by his artisans locally, not in Asia like all the other dolls in the other stores. Best yet, they were amazingly affordable for handcrafted, authentic pieces. Extra props to the wonderful lady helping us each time who warmly greeted us and told us a bit about Jamie's history. I think we will be seeing a lot more of Jamie's art all over.

Visited December 2013
Austin, Texas, USA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Super cute.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Super cute stuff. Great for the non-alcohol related souvenir gift I needed for my daughter. Lady that helped us was very patient and helpful. Authentic feeling shop with unique items. Definately a relief from the typical NOLA junk souvenir shops.

Visited October 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The place to buy art in Nola”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

If you want great authentic art from New Orleans I would recommend this gallery. All of his prints are signed and numbered. There is also a lady that makes very interesting jewelry.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Erin M
Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“When in New Orleans, this is a MUST stop :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

While meandering through Jackson square, I noticed a unique gallery (there are so many here!) that had an artist signing! Walking through the shop, I began to understand this artist's creations. More than just a splash of paint on a canvas, he presents so much more in every piece. Very friendly and amazing to talk to, this was by far the 'cherry on top' to my shopping. Highly recommend this artist as I purchased several myself!

Visited September 2013