“Creating memories”

Jamie Hayes Gallery
Ranked #23 of 383 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Jamie Hayes has had a gallery in the French Quarter for nearly 20 years. Jamie has a very unique and recognizable style that is whimsical and colorful. In addition to selling originals and prints, we also sell Jamie's designs on T-Shirts, tote bags, and aprons; all of which we print ourselves in New Orleans. We also carry a line of dolls that Jamie designs which are extremely popular.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Jamie Hayes Gallery is a a cultural staple. His gallery allows the visitor to surround themselves with many aspects of New Orleans and to take some of the whimsy home with them. I acquired a print from him many years ago for my son. He was at the Riverwalk and took the time to sign the print and personalize it with my son's name. The print was lost. I was very upset. This past week while in New Orleans I stopped by the gallery, as I do each time I travel there, and Jamie Hayes was there. I told him my story with tears in my eyes and he was patient and listened. He never seemed bothered or annoyed, but instead found the same print I purchased so many years ago and signed and dedicated it once again.

1  Thank Jamie W
in 10 reviews
"collection"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 16 May 2014

A few years ago, my wife, our teenage kids and I stumbled upon the Jamie Hayes Gallery on Chartres in New Orleans on our way back home from a Florida vacation. The brilliant colors and designs caught our eyes from the street. Once inside, we discovered artwork like we'd never seen before...Brightly colored images that captured the originality and quirkiness that IS New Orleans. We fell in love with his work! You can purchase originals, high-quality giclee, numbered prints, posters, mugs, t-shirts, jewelry, coasters, doll collections and on and on. Our Jamie Hayes "habit" began with t-shirts and mugs and has grown to framed and numbered prints. Last time we visited, we were able to meet Jamie at his shop and we quickly realized that he is just as "original" as his art. He is also a fine musician/singer/songwriter (you can pick up one of his CD's at the gallery) and you'll see the musical influence in his art as well. If you want to take a truly original momento from New Orleans home with you, I suggest a stop by The Jamie Hayes Gallery. Unique gifts in all price ranges. Crawfish, Jazz and sweet beignets and a visit on Chartres with JAMIE HAYES!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Jamie Hayes' gallery is a must-do on my list each time I visit New Orleans. It's just a few steps from Jackson Square and will bring a smile to your face as soon as you enter. His bright colors and whimsical designs capture the off-beat nuance of New Orleans. Jamie is often there and is happy to visit with patrons of the shop--his life journey story will inspire you! I take something home every year and share his work as gifts for friends that are soooo much better than the souvenir shops!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place is like a mini museum. The works are varied but all interesting, thought provoking, funny, intense, and/or beautiful. it is three or four cuts above anything similar I saw in New Orleans. If you like art that is simultaneously "folk" and "sophisticated" this is a place you will want to see.